Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 16, 2024, 03:31:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious encounters completed  (Read 12969 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:40:49 PM »

There are rumors of mysterious remnants of an Alien civilization in the new star cluster.
Unusual structures and derelicts have been detected buried deep in some of the planets. The SOL Corporation has sent an update to all ship scanners, and we should now be able to detect the sites in "Surface" view.

Advances in wormhole technology have lead to the development of a new function for the Wormhole Generator: "Blind Jump"
-> Executes a long range blind jump. Takes only 10 seconds for the calculation.
-> Uses 150 m3 Fuel Cells and jumps a random distance between 50 to 150 LY, in a random direction. Can be activated in Ship->Modules

The SOL Corporation is proud to present the latest addition to our ship models: "The Wormhole shifter Experimental Cruiser"

This ship incorporates the latest experimental advances in Wormhole science, giving increased navigation speed and less fuel consumption.
Cruiser ship with a unique optimization "Wormhole shifter" | Optimization bonus: "-80% navigation time, -80% fuel cost"

With a fuel efficient drive and on small inter-system jumps, the ship may jump without any fuel use at all.

We've also developed new modules that will allow for scanning of the latest anomalies:

"Wormhole locator / Black Hole locator locator"

Scans for natural open wormhole signature(s) in range, determines distance and size, and can set a course to any of the found signatures.
Scans up to 50 LY at MK I. Higher mark extends scan range.

There have also been some advances in navigation techniques, that allow the "Locator" modules to plot a direct course to an anomaly and show the direction and distance to the anomaly,
even if the anomaly was not previously scanned and is out of jump range. The new technology allows the nav computer to orientate itself to the point in space detected.

The "Locator" will also be able to set a Long Range Course via a navigation waypoint / beacon, for more distant targets.
Report to moderator   Logged

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »

Finally! Thanks SirEmi!

When will we see space monsters and/or new missions?  1

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »

The sites are new types of mission(s) with different rewards...

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »

I see. That's nice!

About this bullet, is it possible to battle some space monsters?  gun_bandana

+ Monsters lurking and mysterious events may lie between the empty space to distant star pockets...
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:49:10 PM »

I see. That's nice!

About this bullet, is it possible to battle some space monsters?  gun_bandana

+ Monsters lurking and mysterious events may lie between the empty space to distant star pockets...

Still working out the details for that, it will be a different type of event for deep space, with different scenarios. Don't want to be just anything, it has to be a great experience and like a treasure hunt 1

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »

Rafe, have some patience, my friend.

All things come to those who wait.

Let us see what this opens up for us and then ask for more...
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 12:28:48 AM »

I wouldn't have asked for it if it wasn't included in the project detail.

The chance to encounter a space monster is the main reason I really anticipated this update. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. Blind jumps, shifters, and even relics pale to the thought of encountering/fighting space monsters.

Maybe the update should have been named "Ancient Relics" instead of "Mysterious Encounters"?  Haha

Just saying. The update still rocks though. 1
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 12:51:12 AM »

Oh yes, I want that 'BUG-EYED-MONSTER' myself...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 01:38:10 AM »

I noticed for the ship we still have to shell out for the silence. Considering the high cost the license really should have been included with the ship. We are talking 187,500,000 solars here.  I am just glad I never wasted QP on the ship that was on the update before this.  People were convinced cheaper new ship overall because they thought licensing cost would be covered.  I can see now just how wrong they were then. Funny that I can't recall anyone commenting on it during the last update when they saw that they were wrong.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 02:32:48 AM »

Further reason the high cost is severely not worth it. I wish I had just saved my solars. 

Are you sure you want to remove this optimization?
 Wormhole shifter Mk X

You will receive 50% of the optimization cost: $19,200,000 solars

This means the optimization itself is only worth $38,400,000.

A cruiser hull cost $320,000.

This ship has no modules at all. 

So tell me again how it is worth paying $187,500,000.  The total value of this package is only $38,720,000.  It is a major rip off. In the future I will be steering clear of all ships offered in pledges since they clearly are not worth it.  It most definitely will be an even bigger rip off when it's price changes to 1500 QP.  Or $375,000,000.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 02:37:25 AM »

What did you expect? I'm pretty sure it had been decided that you would need to buy a new license for any pledge ships long before they rolled off the line...

And the optimization is UNIQUE to the pledge system. SOL/Sir Emi can demand any price they want for it since it is so exclusive and since billionaire playboys such as yourself still bought it after he indulged every detail you would need to know about the ship. Cruiser class with just the MK X wormhole shifter optimization installed.

If you are disappointed then you have no one to blame but yourself... You clearly paid what you thought the ship was worth knowing full well EXACTLY what you were getting.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 02:42:16 AM »

What did you expect? I'm pretty sure it had been decided that you would need to buy a new license for any pledge ships long before they rolled off the line...

And the optimization is UNIQUE to the pledge system. SOL/Sir Emi can demand any price they want for it since it is so exclusive and since billionaire playboys such as yourself still bought it after he indulged every detail you would need to know about the ship. Cruiser class with just the MK X wormhole shifter optimization installed.

If you are disappointed then you have no one to blame but yourself... You clearly paid what you thought the ship was worth knowing full well EXACTLY what you were getting.

I kinda figured maybe like with the ship we get for graduating that at least the license came with it. With the huge cost it would only make since.  The license itself cost me $42,694,824.  I think with this sorta thing that should be includes and no SirEmi never said it wasn't includes.  Also you would think if he is going to mark this up so high he would make it appear to be worth more on the optimization page for if you want to sell it.  This goes to show he clearly even believes it isn't really worth a lot.  Also I wouldn't call me a billionaire playboy. That's raph. Every solar I got goes towards upgrades for my ships and TGE corp ships. I only considered this pledge option because I thought perhaps it might help me improve my income. Still debating on now if it was really worth it though.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 06:20:17 AM »

Please note, if you wish to get a refund for your QP for the Wormhole Shifter ship after you delivered the pledge, do NOT sell the optimization.

Instead message support to have it removed from the ship and get your QP back. We have logs so it's no problem to change your mind.

Regarding ship licenses, I would suggest selling a used ship like a scout to get a license slot open...

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:25:19 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 06:33:10 AM »

Please note, if you wish to get a refund for your QP for the Wormhole Shifter ship after you delivered the pledge, do NOT sell the optimization.

Instead message support to have it removed from the ship and get your QP back. We have logs so it's no problem to change your mind.

Regarding ship licenses, I would suggest selling a used ship like a scout to get a license slot open...

Thank you.

I'm keeping it cause the money for the QP is already spent. Plus I already got it outfitted with stuff. So I might as well keep it.  I just wanted to express my views and frustration on this matter.  I think it is important for everyone to understand how much this is really worth. Also I am hoping maybe in the future you can actually price stuff like this more reasonably and possibly include the license. As for selling another ship. Decent idea but the problem is even my smaller ships are put to good use already. Actually now that I think about it, I think this new ship is my smallest personal ship now.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 06:44:55 AM »

As much as I personally love the idea of including the license, it just isn't fair. My next personal license cost 1.64 billion solars. I'd buy 10 shifters to get 10 licenses instead of 1. LOL

As for the QP price, it does seem a bit costly, especially once its price doubles.

Having the option to change your mind and get the QP back is great though. I believe that  applies to the Long Range Jumper as well. Right, SirEmi?  1
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: