Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 26, 2024, 01:50:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Inprovment to Alien relics exploration  (Read 6675 times)
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:15:04 PM »

Once you pay the RP to explore the ship or structure relics, the relics is yours and should be treated like any other structure in your belonging. To over take it, an other captain need to attack you and beat your ship(s) and station(s) in orbit and all module on the planet. (otherwise I have difficulty understanding someone taking over the site when there is a ship in orbit exploring it with people on the ground and nobody sees anything...)

Naturally, if the exploration site is left defenceless, to bad for the owner.

This has nothing to do with agreement not to attack ally properties but it should be a rule of the game.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:24:09 PM »

Once you pay the RP to explore the ship or structure relics, the relics is yours and should be treated like any other structure in your belonging. To over take it, an other captain need to attack you and beat your ship(s) and station(s) in orbit and all module on the planet. (otherwise I have difficulty understanding someone taking over the site when there is a ship in orbit exploring it with people on the ground and nobody sees anything...)

Naturally, if the exploration site is left defenceless, to bad for the owner.

This has nothing to do with agreement not to attack ally properties but it should be a rule of the game.

You are correct. This is exactly how it should work in the game.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »

The medium / large structures require that you hold at least 75% of the modules on the planet to start the research.
If you abandon the planet or are attacked and forced to retreat, someone else can claim it.

Derelicts and small claims are different and can be re-claimed regardless with some RP, but fights could start over them as well. It'll be improved in the future.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:15:15 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:40:11 PM »

Another needed improvement is a notification informing you whoever took over your investigation.  1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:58:51 PM »

Another needed improvement is a notification informing you whoever took over your investigation.  1

That could be a VIP feature. Though I imagine like with the emails that notify you when your under attack it probably won't actually work.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »

That could be a VIP feature. Though I imagine like with the emails that notify you when your under attack it probably won't actually work.

Hey now... Sir Emi has stated that this will be fixed with the new update

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 09:09:58 PM »

Hey now... Sir Emi has stated that this will be fixed with the new update

SirEmi has said a lot of things over the years.  He has given us much reason not to believe what he says.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:18:04 PM »

It's a patch listed in the pledge tab in-game... I see no reason why we should not expect it's deployment in the near future.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 09:52:56 PM »

It's a patch listed in the pledge tab in-game... I see no reason why we should not expect it's deployment in the near future.

And how many delays before this one is actually brought in?  It's going to take a lot to restore my faith in SirEmi.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 08:28:44 AM »

You can see how took over if you visit the planet and click on "Rival" modules on surface, it will show the captain that does the investigation / has the claim.

Sending an in-game message just for that might be too much...

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »

You can see how took over if you visit the planet and click on "Rival" modules on surface, it will show the captain that does the investigation / has the claim.

Sending an in-game message just for that might be too much...

Perhaps I should've been more specific. I meant investigations on crash sites. Once someone takes over and finishes them, they're gone.

No need indeed for structures since they are indestructible. 1
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 08:15:32 AM »

Behind that smile hides a declaration of war I sense  laugh
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »

Behind that smile hides a declaration of war I sense  laugh

Not really.  I honestly agree with him on this.  It is easy to come along and take someone elses crashed ships.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: