Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 01:06:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Exploring star systems is boring  (Read 16288 times)
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 08:48:27 PM »

(...)
I would like to see some kind of long range scanning module added into the game. Basically you could navigate to a system and then go to your scanner module and have it scan the system. The higher mk the scanner the faster the scan is completed. It wouldn't give you the same detailed information you would get from manually moving to each planet/moon/asteroid field it would just give you some basic information. Things like number of slots on the planet, if there are any modules/ships/stations in the system and the total amount of minerals and gas that a planet has (not the specific types but rather a total amount for each planetary body). That would allow many of us to see if there is anything of interest in the system and if there is then we could manually poke around and get the details, if not we could move on. These types of scans would be one time things, not something that would go into your database to look at whenever you wanted, you would still have to manually explore each planet to get that. Of course any ships in the safe zone of a system would be exempt from these scans since you couldn't attack it or even hail it in the first place anyway.

There would be a sister module as well called the scanner jamming module, as you might suspect it would serve to jam a scanning module so that your planetary forces (if deployed on a planet), your ship or your station would remain invisible to a scan as long as your jamming device was the same level or higher than the scanning module being used.
Very nice idea.  The goal is to reduce the clickfest as a player gains power, and I think your idea does that. But keep in mind this too could become a problem someday. The difference is instead of individual planets being a clickfest, it'd be individual stars. It's imaginable if a player has enough ships and there're enough stars.

I'll add I think the scanner should show what types of minerals/gases the planets have, but only a rough guess of the amount.
(...)
It actually gives me an idea as well, I would kind of like to have multiple options for what to use when making a module. For example if a module needs Iron-nickel, why couldn't I substitute Iron instead? Or perhaps just Nickel? Maybe even Aluminum since that is another metal used for construction. Obviously it wouldn't be the same amounts because those resources have different prices but it could adjust accordingly. Idk I have a lot of different ideas floating around in my head after reading some of the posts here. I might just make another thread for that though, it's a bit off the exploring star systems topic lol.

I like that idea, but you recall hte post I made in the suggestions forum about wanting to be able to mark minerals/gases or to preorder them on the manufacturing screen? The more ways there're to make modules or the more modules there're the worse the problem I brought up will be. With all of these ingredients for "recipes," we need a (better) interface for it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:52:38 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »

I like that idea, but you recall hte post I made in the suggestions forum about wanting to be able to mark minerals/gases or to preorder them on the manufacturing screen? The more ways there're to make modules or the more modules there're the worse the problem I brought up will be. With all of these ingredients for "recipes," we need a (better) interface for it.

Well the idea that I had that I didn't put in there would make that problem a little less of a problem. And actually if you could make modules out of multiple types of resources it should reduce that problem in the first place since you wouldn't need one very specific resource to make a module so if you sold that resource it shouldn't be a big deal you would just make your modules out of something else. Though certainly a better interface wouldn't be a bad idea, I just think it needs to be a bit more than just marking/flagging certain minerals in your cargo bay or something if SirEmi is going to do something.

I want to do a little research on the various resources we have in the game before I actually post what that idea is though. I'm not sure right now if it will work, if it will then I think SirEmi would be more likely to implement it if I actually do a bit of the work myself and give a detailed list of things to put in.
Report to moderator   Logged

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 05:09:12 PM »

When the new cluster was created, I did exploration with 30 ships !!!!!!!

how you do that, until you check all planets/moons in 2 systems timer for interstellar jump expire 1
Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: