Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 06:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Marking an SOS signal "not interesting"  (Read 9940 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »

Being able to read what the mission is while in cargo would really be helpful.

Report to moderator   Logged
Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 12:04:49 PM »

hah i thought you meant i need to learn to read 13  but i just double checked and i can only see the sector the mining mission is in not the value or amount i paid for it 13  So that indeed would be a great solution.  just the value of the deposit when in cargo would be amazing.

Same for COM missions, to see the reward value when the tracker is in cargo would be so helpful.  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:22:38 PM by Merkaba » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

indeed it would. 19
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 11:23:32 AM »

hah i thought you meant i need to learn to read 13 ...  

v
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 09:59:19 PM »

Imagine there was a mission generator in the game which created many mission in every sector. It's extremely easy to mix them up after going through the list of them. In most modern game, there's no reason to be selective about missions since they're all geared precisely for your needs. However, in some niche games this is not the case. In these games, they either need a way to /ignore the missions you do not want or a way to conveniently discard them after you view them.

I note mentally that I requested something similar but regarding cargo minerals/gases. I wnated a way to flag a mineral/gas as valuable to me, so it'd be easy to spot it when I'm selling. The reason this problem exists at all is because the game has a lot of minerals/gases and many are used in manufacturing, yet there's nothing stopping you from ejecting them or selling them errantly. I enjoy mining. Some inventory management is good imho. There're a variety of ways to resolve this problem:
1) Greatly reduce hte number of minerals/gases which're used in manufacturing, so it's trivial concern
2) Make sell price equal to buy price, achieving almost the same effect as (1)
3) Allow player to preorder minerals/gases from Manufacturing screen - making use of what's in the ship's cargo - and enable completion of the order by going to SOL station and paying or by filling the order as cargo permits
4) Allow player to custom flag minerals/gases (or other inventory) which're valuable to them (and is visible in cargo screen)
5) Flag all minerals/gases which're used in manufacturing with detailed descriptor (and is visible in cargo screen)

I favor (3) or (5). I think most would favor (1) or (2).

Regarding (5) it should say in the Cargo screen (perhaps optionally) which module a mineral/gas manufactures.

Anyway, I sympathize with the OP. The OP has probably moved on and no longer remembers or cares. However, so long as these issues remain, new players will encoutner the same probelm. And also not everybody wants to gang up with corps or recieve extra help. Myself, for example, I like to play slow and on my own. I don't rapidly climb up the ranks. Like the OP, I was confronted by higher rank players who told me I shouldn't mine or otherwise shouldn't care (mostly because they don't).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:24:11 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: