Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 02:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Yippiekayee MF!  (Read 12406 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 10:59:43 PM »

Hmm... 5 a.m., let's try to get some kip. Pirates for breakfast after around 2 hours  19
Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 01:09:15 AM »

Raptor: my power ratio between Att and DEF is about 50/50. Once the attack is started, I lower my attack to be able to beat ship by ship plus a contingency of about 20%. I also lower my shields when needed. I have Vipers but I never use then in the attack because you are not sure to hit with them and also they have only one use. I use MAU for the attacks because they never misses and they fire up to 10 times (with 10% less power each time).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:25:50 AM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 03:46:05 AM »

Hmm... just returned to the crime scene, activated the tracking device in my cargo bay, and got a message along the lines of "thanks for eliminating them, here's 24k". Originally, I was meant to make over 70k from this mission. Is it because I didn't take all of them out in one go? There's nothing left there now.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »

no, you should get what you were promised. I have never been gypped by the game concerning NPC pirates.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »

In that case, I must've mis-read 24 for 74. 1
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 12:49:53 AM »

And maybe I just missed it but if nobody has yet answered your question, the combat tactics categories max out at levels 5 and 10 so they don't go too high.

Personally, where Mata goes 50/50 on weapons/shields, I tend to go a little heavier than that on weapons usually, but then I also diversified a bit with some vipers etc.

Why? I could build them faster than the same firepower in MAUs (and I just recently got some of those past mk200). So vipers were right for a time because even if I'd put my resources into MAUs I'd have to do tons of SOS missions etc. to finance it and take a long time building them.

Even with a manufacturing officer, building a mk200(50750 marines) from scratch takes you 12 days and a mk 100 viper takes half the time and has 51500 attack power. Of course I think it's best to do a 'rolling upgrade' but there's still considerable time to invest in high mk tech.

Building the vipers cost me a bit more but it's still cheaper than lasers for the firepower.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »

I love all the different viewpoints. A case can be made for pretty much all of them, which makes the game diverse and less predictable. 1

Thanks for answering the question on the tactics tree, didn't know for sure until now. Am almost at the highest level there now then. Good, because there's much more to research 13
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »

When attacking pirate looters, it's better to attack twice. Use the loot option for the first attack, and then the capture/destroy for the second. Doing this will increase your profit and take less time.  1

Just had the opportunity to put this advice into practice, and it worked a treat  12
The loot is worth twice as much as the actual bounty lol.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »

I love all the different viewpoints. A case can be made for pretty much all of them, which makes the game diverse and less predictable. 1

Yes it's nice that much of the time there is no "wrong answer". That is really one of the game's best features.

As Mata pointed out with vipers, they miss quite a bit which is why I had to go with more than 50% weapon power, sometimes up to 60%+ to win those coms.

So I'd say perhaps the best advice I can give in that regard is to make sure your strategy is well thought out and tailored to your play style and plan ahead, taking into account the nuances like that one. It helps to get advice from guys like Mata or Jam etc. that have been playing a while, and thought about it a lot themselves, but ultimately it's all about how you want to play. Some people are miners and some prefer SOS while some prefer to log in every few days or week so they want coms with long timers and high payouts.

Other than that it often comes out to balance, not just as far as a weapon:shield ratio(which is important) but balancing these things with the rest of your strategy and play style.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:16:00 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: