Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 24, 2024, 06:24:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Enhancements & Patches #2  (Read 10012 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »

Upon study of the Alien artefact modules discovered, the SOL corporation has discovered how to combine the modules in order to repair the Damaged Alien Death-Ray module.

The new module "Alien Death-Ray" is very special indeed. After preliminary testing, it seems that this new weapon can bypass any shields and armor!

Name: Alien Death-Ray
Description: Weapon used by alien ships to destroy organic life. It emanates a concentrated Gamma ray radiation, deadly to living beings. +5000 Attack power at MK I, negates shields / armor completely.
Utility: +5000 attack weaponry, bypasses shields & armor

The module can be acquired via exploration of derelict artefacts in the new star cluster, in "Damaged" form and then combined via the "Mark Upgrade" with components to create a working module, using Reverse Engineer tech.

The SOL Corporation spokesman stated:
"The new module is highly effective against Pirate ships. At last we might be able to provide our captains with a means to get rid to the Pirate menace."

Other notes:

- The combat report now displays actual damage that hit the target shield, armor or manpower.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:20:57 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »

I assume this is still in the process of being added at this very moment cause it hasn't been added in the game yet. lol. BTW might I add that this might be a bad idea for death rays.  Though I imagine others will disagree with me.
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 03:24:49 PM »

The new module can be obtained by Reverse Engineering the "Damaged Alien Death-Ray" module.
The components needed will be specified when trying to Rev. Engineer and need to be present in the ship cargo bay when trying to repair the module.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:28:42 PM »

The new module can be obtained by Reverse Engineering the "Damaged Alien Death-Ray" module.
The components needed will be specified when trying to Rev. Engineer and need to be present in the ship cargo bay when trying to repair the module.

I kinda guessed all that.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »

Sir Emi  is the a plan to combine regular module to a height level like the reverse enineering.
I have so.many low level modules will take.me forever to upgrade it.

Great update. Now we can use the new death ray.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 03:57:10 PM »

Sir Emi  is the a plan to combine regular module to a height level like the reverse enineering.
I have so.many low level modules will take.me forever to upgrade it.

Great update. Now we can use the new death ray.

Yes, if you go to the pledge tab in-game and look at the comments you can see our discussion of it.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 04:56:08 PM »

SirEmi, can you remember me what happen when a weapon bypass armor and shield? I know that it will kill personnel (civils and marines) but would the ship be beaten and jump or do we need to kill all personnel?

Lets do an example: a titan with full of marines, lets say 1 000 000 marines + 200 000 civilians and full shield and armor is hit by a death ray MK I?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:59:22 PM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »

SirEmi, can you remember me what happen when a weapon bypass armor and shield? I know that it will kill personnel (civils and marines) but would the ship be beaten and jump or do we need to kill all personnel?

Lets do an example: a titan with full of marines, lets say 1 000 000 marines + 200 000 civilians and full shield and armor is hit by a death ray MK I?

The Death-Ray will skip the shield & armor and go directly for the Manpower (marines+personnel). Once the ship goes below the "Emergency jump threshold", that's default 75% (can be modified by Pirate module), then the ship jumps. In your case the Death-Ray hit might not take out the ship, but it might kill personnel that handles weapons or shields and that might weaken the ship a lot.

The Death-Ray is most effective against a ship with let's say 10000 personnel or so (heavily armored or shielded). It will always make it jump, as it only needs to kill about 2500 to get the the EMJ threshold. It tends to be good for PvP too, effectively crippling the ship, because once personnel starts dying, engines, weapons, shields etc. start failing due to efficiency loss / not enough personnel to man it... It should be great for looting cargo bays too.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:11:44 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Irredrache
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 05:21:14 PM »

I'm super excited to see these in action!

A question for you, Sir Emi. You've mentioned the possibility of different modules in different clusters in the future. I'm currently very torn on whether to sell or save my extra modules. Is there a chance something like a dark matter module might also modify other components in the near future, or are the current modules exclusively deathray components?

mea navis aƫricumbens anguillis abundat

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 05:23:14 PM »

The Death-Ray will skip the shield & armor and go directly for the Manpower (marines+personnel). Once the ship goes below the "Emergency jump threshold", that's default 75% (can be modified by Pirate module), then the ship jumps. In your case the Death-Ray hit might not take out the ship, but it might kill personnel that handles weapons or shields and that might weaken the ship a lot.

The Death-Ray is most effective against a ship with let's say 10000 personnel or so (heavily armored or shielded). It will always make it jump, as it only needs to kill about 2500 to get the the EMJ threshold. It tends to be good for PvP too, effectively crippling the ship, because once personnel starts dying, engines, weapons, shields etc. start failing due to efficiency loss / not enough personnel to man it... It should be great for looting cargo bays too.

I can see how it will be good. But it might not make such a huge difference at the levels many of us are at now.  Especially those that go marine heavy.  You would need a lot of these to make a difference.  Assuming you hit of course and your attack doesn't miss.  Also does it fire before the other weapons or does the other weapons if they got higher power fire first?  If so this further reduces the usefulness of this.  Yet another reason we should be able to choose which order our weapons actually fire in rather then go highest power first.    SirEmi i appreciate this update but you still don't know a lot about what is really good for pvp since your power levels are always remaining so low. Your only testing stuff at a low power level. It is an entire different ballgame at our level.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 05:31:53 PM »

SirEmi; I have repaired some death rays and I tried to install them and it says module not available???

Forget this, I have installed some, it is OK. My mistake.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:30:42 PM by Matamaure001 » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »

I can see how it will be good. But it might not make such a huge difference at the levels many of us are at now.  Especially those that go marine heavy.  You would need a lot of these to make a difference.  Assuming you hit of course and your attack doesn't miss.  Also does it fire before the other weapons or does the other weapons if they got higher power fire first?  If so this further reduces the usefulness of this.  Yet another reason we should be able to choose which order our weapons actually fire in rather then go highest power first.    SirEmi i appreciate this update but you still don't know a lot about what is really good for pvp since your power levels are always remaining so low. Your only testing stuff at a low power level. It is an entire different ballgame at our level.

Agreed. Even lower powered players can just install a low level marine module, and boom, death ray mk I becomes useless. Considering that it can even miss means it's unreliable.

I have some suggestions, and some or all of it can be implemented:

1. Increase the damage.
2. Make it fire first, even ahead of the nuke.
3. 100% hit rate.
4. Decrease required personnel. 
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »

Agreed. Even lower powered players can just install a low level marine module, and boom, death ray mk I becomes useless. Considering that it can even miss means it's unreliable.

I have some suggestions, and some or all of it can be implemented:

1. Increase the damage.
2. Make it fire first, even ahead of the nuke.
3. 100% hit rate.
4. Decrease required personnel. 

I would be ok if it was possible to even miss with it.   Increased damage seems a must simply because the odds of us getting them built up to a high mk isn't very high. Especially when most of the crashed ships seem to just have fuel. There there is the fact that a lot of people are out there grabbing them and they don't respawn.  So here is my suggestion. BTW raph Nukes I think only fire first when they deal the most damage. When you got weapons that are more powerful I am pretty sure they fire first.

1. Increase the damage
2. Make it fire first
3. Decrease required personnel. It should only require around the same amount as the laser.

An alternate idea is one I have been wanting in the game for a long time. Give us the ability to choose what order our weapons fire in. The default option could be for how it is now. But give us the option to play around with the fire order.  Hell we might actually be able to do some good with railguns then. I'd love to set death rays to fire first, followed by lasers and then railguns. Then maybe a few vipers and of course the marines are last. lol.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 11:52:40 PM »

The announcement states it is an effective anti-pirate weapon. Use it as that...

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 12:07:59 AM »

The announcement states it is an effective anti-pirate weapon. Use it as that...

I can't see this being anymore useful for COMs then my marines or my other weapons.  At best it might be useful against smaller targets such as weaker stations or weaker planetary outpost and mines.  So if anyone can get good use out of this it might be pirates.  For real PVP battles of larger ships and larger stations it's use is limited at best.  BTW if someone is a pirate chances are they will go after weaker targets and by the time you power down your ships to be able to hit their raiding ship which is likely a lot lower in power, they likely will have already spotted you and jumped away.  Trust me, when I used to be one of those pirates, catching me in the act was slim and if someone did, I got away before they could hit me.  My ability to hit people quick (thanks to the old school way of powering down) and getting away quickly if someone tried to get me, is one of the reasons why I was one of the best pirates in the game.  While profits pirating make it not worth doing for me, it can make it worth doing for some lower ranking players who might turn to it.  The only amount of comfort is the fact that the odds of a pirate getting a hold of one of these is low simply because low ranked pirates aren't likely to have gotten out there to get the parts needed to put it together.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: