Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 06:00:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Enhancements & Patches #4  (Read 5236 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2014, 06:22:19 PM »

An update has been sent to all Navigation computers.

+ You are now able to plot a Long Range course to any nav waypoint.
+ You can plot a LR course to a wormhole from the wormhole detector scan results

+ In "Star Maps" view:
    -> you can click on "Show all waypoints" in the lower left area to view all waypoints on the map, with option to click to set a LR course to it.
    -> "Show explored objects" will circle explored stars in green.
    -> When checking star details on the map, a number will display the friendly, ally (in green) or rival (in red) modules & stations detected at each planet / moon / belt.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:25:39 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »

So basically an update that is almost useless. There is one good thing in it.  That is it. I am shocked it took so long for so little.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »

Jeeze dude, calm down...

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 09:35:53 PM »

JJ, it is only useless if you do not use it...

...(or if you won't learn how)...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:37:44 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »

I gotta say sir emi, diggin' the icons to plot courses from the nav comp

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »

I know how to use it and I admitted the one thing is useful. Being able to set a chain jump from the nav computer. But honestly that should have been added in when chain jumps was introduced in the first place. Not something that is added in as an afterthought and only after one of the players suggested it.  As for waypoints they are still mostly useless. Planetary systems work just as well.  Now if you could share them with allies to meet up at waypoints then they might be somewhat useful.   Also there is one thing on this update that I thought was already in anyways.

+ You can plot a LR course to a wormhole from the wormhole detector scan results

Correct me if I am wrong but weren't we suppose to be able to do this anyways before this update?

I wish we could get get some updates that actually fix some of the problems in the game.  The combat system still is a mess. There is still no economy to speak of what so ever.  Novas I am beginning to think won't ever come.  Same goes with Corp Stations and other useful things.  While we have had some decent updates over the years, it just isn't enough to keep players around.  Most of us who have stuck around are out of here out of habit.  If it wasn't for my corp I am not even sure how active I'd be on here if I would even still be playing at all. Look how many people have gotten bored and quit.  Look how many don't even finish the Academy.  We need stuff to hold both older and newer players.   I only get so frustrated because I see the potential this game has to become a big online game and instead of it living up to that potential it seems to just go to waste.  I used to actually try to invite people to come and play the game. But those that would try it would end up getting bored and quitting.  They could see the potential but at the time it seemed pointless to really play.  Hell it took a bunch of complaining just to get some regular updates going. That took almost 2 years. Regular updates should have been a part of the game from the very beginning.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 10:00:52 PM »

i agree with jam on this. the main focus should be introducing updates that would keep players on playing. how to keep them? simple: by releasing updates that most players anticipate. how many players wanted the nav update? the disable all button is so easy to code, much easier than recent updates, yet we are still waiting for it.

if the developer is oblivious to the players' wants, the game will unlikely get more active players.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: