Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:42:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ongoing New Roman News Bulletin  (Read 35896 times)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »

This thread will serve as a continuous outlet for all news related to the newest and now second-largest leading corporation in the galaxy.

THIS JUST IN...
SPQNR has completed production of it's first three SOS ships, two factory ships, and one warship. This fleet will serve as a strong foundation for the Senate in the long road ahead to reach the "Top 5".

*****************************************************************************************************************************

The New Roman Senate will be holding it's first vote for co-leader throughout the weekend. The official elected will be publicly announced after all votes are tallied.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Development of New Rome at the Solar planet Caelus is on schedule and ongoing, with the first corporate fuel depot's grand opening scheduled for sometime next week.

This has been your SPQNR news bulletin. Tune-in next time for exclusive coverage over the results of the upcoming election.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:55:08 AM by Rostin » Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 01:45:14 AM »

BREAKING NEWS...

The Senate and People of New Rome have concluded elections for their second Consul position today. The election took off to a close start, but ended with a sweeping victory by Virgil in the popular vote by the senate.

In New Roman politics, the two Consuls are the highest elected officials and serve as leaders for the corp. The two Consuls for New Rome are now Consul Rostinius Maximus, and Consul Virgil.

This concludes our coverage for today.

Vivat Novae Romae!
Report to moderator   Logged

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:09 AM »

BROADCAST 23 OCTOBER 2014
The Senate and People of New Rome have ratified a Constitution and set of Codified Laws for provisional use in the Senate. The documents were drafted by First Consul Rostinius Maximus and can be expected to change frequently over the next few months.

******************************************************************************************************************************
New Rome launched a prototype of its first corporate COM ship today. "PROTOTYPE RR" can now be seen flying through space and is being test-piloted by Dux CaptainB of the New Roman Senate.

******************************************************************************************************************************
The "Caelus Pantheon" has been erected in orbit around Caelus and is now serving all New Roman Senators with discount fuel and diamonds as well as 50 mk C Marine Assault Units for added defense from would-be trouble makers.

That's all we have here tonight. Join us next time for more exciting updates on what is quickly becoming "the most interesting corp in the history of the galaxy."
[END TRANSMISSION]

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 03:34:56 AM »

TODAY'S HEADLINES...

Tensions surrounding the self-imposed exile of IMG's second-in-command, Jake, have cooled after days of heated debate and verbal exchanges between corporation leaders.

Consul Rostinius Maximus had a few choice words on the subject:
"I believe that through continued efforts and collaboration between United Corporation members we will be able to resolve this issue in a diplomatic way without unnecessary bloodshed. So far the Caelus Peace Conference has gone very well and there are good signs that we will be able to close this matter all together in the near future."

Tempers rose after Consul Rostinius Maximus accepted the declared "war-criminal" into New Roman ranks prior to awaiting the responses of other corporation leaders.

"New Rome stands united and we are willing to do everything within our power to ensure that peace is preserved throughout the galaxy"
-Consul Rostinius Maximus

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »

YOUR NEWS DELIVERED

The New Roman Senate has just completed its third corporate COM ship. Weighing in at a whopping 12,261,748 power, this titan will work along side the other two COM ships and three SOS ships to provide income support for most members of SPQNR.

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 03:32:05 PM »

FINANCE TODAY

In a close 6-4 vote of participating senators this previous weekend the New Roman Senate voted against the institution of a flat corp tax. Corporate funds will continue to be raised via senatorial donations.

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »

The EoS does not now, nor will ever, levee a tax!

(edit -spelling)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:51:04 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 08:01:53 AM »

Today, Senator sparhawk became the first SPQNR member to win the monthly 600 QP draw!
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 04:54:27 PM »

It is with great pride that I announce Senatus Populusque Novae Romae has surpassed the Way of Progress in total corp power.

Our activities continue to expand and escalate as we have just finished a 15 million power "Harvester" ship which will provide funding for future corporate projects to resist the need for any taxation.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 06:10:51 PM »

...and it took 25 of you to surpass wayup (WOP)...

...it has only taken 1 Imperial citizen...

(edit - no offense is meant to my friend)

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »

I think you'll find in reality it takes many less than 25 New Romans to surpass our friend wayup, as many of our members are still relatively new and growing at their own pace 1
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:16:52 PM by Rostin » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 07:08:06 PM »

Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »

Then again Sargas, that one person is Mata and he makes up 82.44% of your entire corps power (as of right now anyway), without him your corp is a bit over half as powerful as wayup. Just saying, the power of the EoS is very concentrated and should anything happen to Mata it would be a deceiving number.

Rostin's corp seems to be somewhat more balanced in that regard, of course adding noobs all the time does concentrate the power quite a bit, as many members as he has I would be curious to know how many of them are over 1 mil power without corp assets.

Anywho congrats to sparhawk and to your recent rank up on the corporate ladder. You seem to be doing quite well for yourselves xD.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 07:43:44 PM »

Haha thank you 1
You can always do a tag search in the friends list for our members. We have three com ships lent out to our members and they are of varying power but probably 15 are more than 1 million power currently

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: