Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 03:56:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ongoing New Roman News Bulletin  (Read 35853 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 01:45:03 PM »

It is with regret about the situation that has arisen, but total faith in my successor and the future, that after a four-week "reign", I pass First Consulship on to Consul Regnad Kcin.

Despite intensive communications between me and emperor sargas of the EOS, I must now concede defeat on the diplomatic front.

I'm torn between my devotion to our SPQNR constitution and the corp's treaties on one hand, and my loyalty to the members of the first hour that form(ed) the heart and soul of it. As Consul of New Rome, I will not authorise military action against members of an allied corp without the consent of that corp's leader. As a comrade of a New Roman who meant so much to our Republic, and who felt forced to leave us so as not to go against our principles, I feel my place is in the galactic trenches alongside him. Therefore, I will, as stated, give you 48 hours to decide on Emo's future as an EOS member. Not as a threat or anything, the fact is that Emo WILL receive more laser fire after that period, but out of courtesy. If, after that period expires (1730 UTC on Thursday 27 August), Emo is still in EOS, I will resign as Consul of New Rome and join Darrell in his new corp.

... that deadline has passed, and I feel that further talks are a waste of everyone's time. I wish to reiterate I do not hold anything against sargas personally, and that these developments do not change my respect for him and his desire to see hard evidence. I do not, however, see what more we can do to have EOS come to the same conclusion as the New Roman courts have, and will do what I consider right now. As stated, I do not wish this to be held against New Rome, and have therefore left my position as Consul and the corp in general.

That doesn't change the close bond Darrell and I have with New Rome, and a draft treaty has been agreed between the leadership of both corps. This is currently up for a vote in the New Roman Senate. I have no doubt my successor will announce the outcome of that vote to the galaxy in due course.

Former Consul Marcus Cruoningus out...
Report to moderator   Logged
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 10:43:27 AM »

I’m happy to update all listeners of SPQNR News..

A lot is happened inside of SPQNR..

We have a “generation” chance in our corp top.

First consul is Regnad Kcin & second consul is NoBrain.

We are still member of UC, but is was close call.. SPQNR hope UC will prosper to what it could become....

We have try to ended our war with PVP.. but due to administrative misunderstanding, we are still formally at war with PVP… (we need to do the vote again and end the war.)
We will update then the vote is over.

We are keeping an eye on SITH.. and investigating the possibility of a SITH spy in our ranks..

Fly Well
2. consul NoBrain

NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2015, 01:59:26 AM »

1 year anniversary for SPQNR....

cheers

We will become a really old corporation with lots of senators, who will chose the path for future growth of SPQNR..

cheer Cheers  for SPQNR cheer

2. consul NoBrain

Palpatine
Lance Corporal

May the Dark Side of the Force Be With You

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2015, 02:22:59 AM »

With long age comes corruption and downfall. Citizens of New Rome beware  1

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2015, 02:25:52 AM »

Sounds like a threat to me.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2015, 02:32:26 AM »

Perhaps, but it won't be the Sith causing it 16
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2015, 02:38:52 AM »

Yes, if you have top controlled corp like you own..

But SPQNR is a democratic all senators have a vote, so I can't see how corruption and downfall can prosper..
The only thing we need to take care of is you SITH spy.. and that will soon be resolved..

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2015, 11:08:30 PM »

But SPQNR is a democratic all senators have a vote, so I can't see how corruption and downfall can prosper..
The only thing we need to take care of is you SITH spy.. and that will soon be resolved..

Assuming there is one at all.  It would be just like a sith to say there is a spy just to cause discord among a group of people.
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2015, 02:05:04 AM »

You may not realise that despite a huge majority of nations in the world today being democracies, corruption is still rife. Whether it's the 2.6 billion ringgit issue in Malaysia, or FIFA and Sepp Blatter, or whatever, there aren't many clean countries today, assuming there is even any.

If you think about it, the olden days were so much less corrupted. Other than a few occurrences where the king was weak and his subjects began to rebel, as long as there was a good leader, the country would prosper. Now, with the involvement of modern-day politics, even those so-called "good" leaders have many dark secrets of their own.  15

Assuming there is one at all.  It would be just like a sith to say there is a spy just to cause discord among a group of people.

Looks like you haven't been reading my past posts  1

Perhaps, but it won't be the Sith causing it 16

Good that you know. It'll be your own selves.

Sounds like a threat to me.

A threat? I was just warning those citizens of New Rome about what could possibly happen.

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2015, 03:23:14 AM »

If you think about it, the olden days were so much less corrupted. Other than a few occurrences where the king was weak and his subjects began to rebel, as long as there was a good leader, the country would prosper. Now, with the involvement of modern-day politics, even those so-called "good" leaders have many dark secrets of their own.  15

lol, the medieval period was rife with corruption mate 13  With the Catholic Church playing the role of FIFA as the spider in the web.
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2015, 08:08:22 AM »

lol, the medieval period was rife with corruption mate 13  With the Catholic Church playing the role of FIFA as the spider in the web.

Hmm. This guy knows his history well. Give him a cookie.  laugh

But the medieval periods were much cleaner than the world of today  yawn

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »

Spring cleaning, SPQNR style...

The Senate and the People of New Rome,

Considering that:

Upon creation of SPQNR, Rostin created the Rorarii under the "once a New Roman, always a New Roman" principle, which was always meant as a Roll of Honour, instead of an instrument to make SPQNR look like a graveyard;
Literally half of our page 1 ranking is occupied by people offline for over 1700 hours, with some gone for nearly a year or even almost two years. Instead of serving as an inspiration, it has become a source of sadness and frustration instead;
The two people that would be top of everyone's list when naming Rorarii, Rostinius Maximus and Darrell, are not even among their ranks;
An earlier Constitutional amendment already watered down the permanent status of the rank of Rorarius by taking a vote on the existing ones, twice a year;
Half the first page of SPQNR membership has been offline for 1,700 hours or more, which along with the saddening effect of making New Rome look a corp of inactives, also creates an almost physical division between the old core and the newer Senators;

Have unanimously voted to adopt a proposal that:

A Senator is allocated the rank of Rorarius upon 500 hours of inactivity.
Upon 1,000 hours of inactivity, the "mandatory retirement threshold", a Senator is removed from SPQNR by the First Consul.
An extension of an additional 1,000 hours to the above mandatory retirement threshold will be granted once in the event of explicit prior announcement of prolonged absence by the Senator in question.
An extension of an additional 1,000 hours to the above mandatory retirement threshold may be granted once by a majority decision of the two Consuls and the Censor in the event of implicit information regarding the absence of the Senator in question being of extended but temporary nature.
The creation of a full Roll of Honour featuring the names, period of membership, offices held and any noteable achievements/events by each and every Senator.
Honouring New Rome's greatest fallen Sons and Daughters by naming a Corp Ship after them, by a majority vote in the Senate upon a nomination and a seconding by any two Senators.

Consequently, our Dear Leader has issued the following executive order (PS: no courts in SPQNR)

Captain FOO (#4315) has been issued the rank of Rorarius by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:35
Captain waledhelmymhmd (#6048) has been issued the rank of Rorarius by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:35
Captain ExaltedTerminus (#8833) has been issued the rank of Rorarius by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:35
Captain gild4950 (#4111) has been issued the rank of Rorarius by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:35
Captain Alexia Paradisum (#8706) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:35
Captain Marclonus (#274) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain Spartacus57 (#4492) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain Anatidae (#4337) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain garvillicus fortuna (#3723) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain IcyBlue (#4432) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain Tarkurious (#2609) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain AdamSmith (#8235) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain Virgil (#3950) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:34
Captain jack1976 (#913) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:33
Captain MERK (#5050) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:33
Captain Mythiclord (#3196) has been kicked out by Consul Regnad Kcin (#4460)   06-Feb-2017 08:33

*fires 21 Deathray salutes in honour of our fallen comrades*
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »

This new Rorarii law was in no small part inspired by the EOS policy on inactives. On a personal note, I believe it would be good if all corps had a similar policy, to get an accurate view on how many captains REALLY are active in this game, and to prevent misunderstandings in First Ring orbits especially.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 07:33:40 PM »

This is a brave and bold move.

I wish to join my voice to salutes in honor your fallen comrades.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2017, 04:19:49 AM »

Thank you  1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: