Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 25, 2024, 12:42:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: You're mad, Madden  (Read 15615 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »

Scorpion Corporation of Renegade Pirates [SCORP] Corporation Stances
« on: Today at 03:32:00 AM »
~ Penned and signed by Madden, King of the Corporation ~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was locked once more, and if you dare, why don't you post a 'You're mad, Madden' thread again.

If you have any comments or suggestions, send "Madden" an in-game message or pm.

I would but I don't think we are finished with this one. lol

Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 02:12:25 PM »

I could not resist neither

Madden say: "The Scorpion Corporation of Renegade Pirates was formed during the late months of 2015."

Quite impressive, you are 10 to 12 months ahead of us.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:29 PM »

I could not resist neither

Madden say: "The Scorpion Corporation of Renegade Pirates was formed during the late months of 2015."

Quite impressive, you are 10 to 12 months ahead of us.

Guess this is what I get for not checking out the forums when I first came back this morning, I really would have enjoyed pointing out that little mistake lol.

On the other hand... Madden, are you a time traveler? I have only one very important question if you are, has SirEmi fixed the combat system yet? xD

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 01:11:15 AM »

13 Whoops.  Opps

"SCORP would like to announce the completion of a protocol time travel machine, thanks to SCORP Laboratories." "We have travelled far into the future and created SCORP then. And then we returned, confident, as we were a very big corporation in the future." We're currently planning to travel back to the past. Donations will be very helpful 13 So...if you want to see a time travel machine, why not send over some QP?   19

And in the future, combat was disabled and the whole game just became a non-combat space exploration game where everybody earned points by discovering new stars.

++ I never said when you could see the time travel machine. It could be like during the year 3000. ++
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:14:18 AM by Madden » Report to moderator   Logged

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Dragonfly
Lance Corporal

Eternal Wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 06:09:37 AM »

SCORP corporation of renegade pirates defending human rights & peace 1

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 01:33:28 AM »

SCORP corporation of renegade pirates defending human rights & peace 1

*Human Only* 13

Unfortunately I tend to meet other creatures during my explorations.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 12:30:14 AM »

Yes you are indeed mad. Especially since a lot of people like to look down on Pirates.  Stay away from my people and you should be good though. Also you may eventually rethink the whole no tax thing.  Corp ship licenses get pretty expensive.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 02:47:25 AM »

Don't worry...we're pretty GOOD pirates. Most of the time we just pirate, or "recycle" as we like to call it, inactive captains' ships and stations, so don't worry 1

As for the taxes issue, I think I'll just make a vote and see if my members are willing to pay a little bit of tax.

Not like I'm planning to have another corp ship so soon anyway, the problem now is increasing the members because we're getting a bit full here. 16

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 04:58:20 AM »

Yes you are indeed mad. Especially since a lot of people like to look down on Pirates.  Stay away from my people and you should be good though. Also you may eventually rethink the whole no tax thing.  Corp ship licenses get pretty expensive.

Maybe it says something about the spirit of the corp when you impose a mandatory tax on your members because they do not support the corp enough to give voluntarily.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »

the Empire levees no tax and has no problem with licenses...
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »

Maybe it says something about the spirit of the corp when you impose a mandatory tax on your members because they do not support the corp enough to give voluntarily.

Maybe it says something about the members if they can't even handle such a small contribution to the corp on a regular basis. Personally I find it a lot more convenient to have it be automatic than to think about "Oh I have x amount of solars I can probably spare 10% of that, let me go through these various pages and then manually input some number to give. And yes I can be kinda lazy sometimes lol. As long as taxes aren't over like 5-7.5% then I don't see any problem with it.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 07:46:02 PM »

It saves time from everyone having to donate to the corp fund manually.  It isn't a high tax and my people don't have an issue with it.  Even Sargas admitted to me once he can understand why now i had to set the tax like I did. BTW the increase of the tax to the current one actually only happened because we had the majority of our members at the time agree to it. Not to mention I do contribute a lot of my own solars to the corp.  Any of my people can tell you that. BTW our next license will cost us $432,283,676.   We aren't even there yet on corp funds but that's ok.  There is a lot of upgrades I am working on doing at the moment and when we are ready for another ship, we should have the funds for it.  No one is being asked to donate to it either. Don't need to.  It is why we got taxes.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 09:30:25 PM »

It saves time from everyone having to donate to the corp fund manually.  It isn't a high tax and my people don't have an issue with it.  Even Sargas admitted to me once he can understand why now i had to set the tax like I didsee bolow. BTW the increase of the tax to the current one actually only happened because we had the majority of our members at the time agree to it. Not to mention I do contribute a lot of my own solars to the corp.  Any of my people can tell you that. BTW our next license will cost us $432,283,676.   We aren't even there yet on corp funds but that's ok.  There is a lot of upgrades I am working on doing at the moment and when we are ready for another ship, we should have the funds for it.  No one is being asked to donate to it either. Don't need to.  It is why we got taxes.

sargas understood the need for a temporary 2% corporate tax during the first IMG war. But it was not rescinded after the war and creation of the AG. Then JJ wanted to increase it to 5%. I disagreed and formed the Empire (I did not like the direction JJL was leading PMI). After I left, Mata left and then Gronk and Sinn. PMI then changed to 'The Galactic Empire' and adopted a jingoistic persona. Only the tax remains.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 09:43:37 PM »

It saves time from everyone having to donate to the corp fund manually.  It isn't a high tax and my people don't have an issue with it.  Even Sargas admitted to me once he can understand why now i had to set the tax like I didsee bolow. BTW the increase of the tax to the current one actually only happened because we had the majority of our members at the time agree to it. Not to mention I do contribute a lot of my own solars to the corp.  Any of my people can tell you that. BTW our next license will cost us $432,283,676.   We aren't even there yet on corp funds but that's ok.  There is a lot of upgrades I am working on doing at the moment and when we are ready for another ship, we should have the funds for it.  No one is being asked to donate to it either. Don't need to.  It is why we got taxes.

sargas understood the need for a temporary 2% corporate tax during the first IMG war. But it was not rescinded after the war and creation of the AG. Then JJ wanted to increase it to 5%. I disagreed and formed the Empire (I did not like the direction JJL was leading PMI). After I left, Mata left and then Gronk and Sinn. PMI then changed to 'The Galactic Empire' and adopted a jingoistic persona. Only the tax remains.

I took things into a more naval direction.  As you recall we did vote on the tax raise and the raise passed by a slim margin.  But it did pass. We also voted on a new name and this was the one that had the majority votes.  In many ways those the corp is very much the same. Only most of us don't mine anymore and we encourage others to do COMs.  I won't tell them not to mine if they don't want to. But most see that is isn't the best way to grow.  Even Bob decided to begin doing COM missions.  We both know how much he loved mining.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »

The 5% tax, the name change, and the new direction happened after I left.
You, however (like Dadds), have always had a jingoistic nature.

If you wish to use me as an example, you need to be truthful about both deeds and time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: