Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 02:40:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ability to research larger capacity for the miners.  (Read 11477 times)
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »

So I just realized my advance miners getting 51m3 per hour is losing out as they are maxed well before 6 hours with only a 100 m3 cap. I am being told however its suppose to have a 300 m3 cap? But the advance miner shows only 100. This really limits how far to research miners since they cap very easy before it can auto unload.

So I purpose in the research to allow the capacity to increase per tech level. This will make researching higher level miners not pointless. As atm, its kinda broken that a mk lv65 is really not doing me any good from a lower level tech..

[unload] Fill rate 41.56/100 m3
Adv Mining facility Mk LXV   750/750   100%   51 m3/hr

Doesn't take long to hit 100 lol. Auto unload once every 6 hours = losing out on those hours it stays maxed 10
Report to moderator   Logged
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »

You realize that the specialized mining module has a much higher capacity than the normal and adv mining facility right?

This is however one of the reasons why mining is pretty much a waste of time if you are looking to make money idk why SirEmi never bothered to really address it and instead went around the issue by creating those new mining and harvesting modules with higher caps. Sure they have higher caps but they still don't increase as you upgrade them so you still end up hitting a cap where there is no point in advancing the technology any further.

The other reason of course being that Sol has infinite resources (though the story completely contradicts this) therefore there isn't even any point in bothering to mine for resources since you can just buy them if you need them and if you were looking to sell them you won't really get that much for them. If there was a true player driven economy then that would be a completely different story and I suspect we would have a great deal more conflict over planets and mining rights.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 09:28:59 AM »

Do the specialized miners mine rare stuff at the speed of 10m3 base or say if its upgraded and said 100m3 / h .. Will they mine at 100% on a rare mineral? I wasn't sure since it says it mines common stuff at 10x the speed. But Yes I now see mining is basically useless. I found a 43mil prospector and was excited.. But its not any help when your mine speed is capped so low! So After I finished mining the 111k Cadmium.. which is down to 90k now lol. I won't really bother much with mining unless Emi addresses this. Atm its a broken system 10
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »

The 'specialized mines/harvesters' can only mine common material.  They cannot mine uncommon or rare substances.  They are good for iron or hydrogen but worthless for gold or radon.

What I would like to see implemented are stations that can unload from the surface modules whenever they are full instead of waiting 6 hours.  My mines can fill 2 or 3 times in that 6 hour schedule.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 10:56:36 AM »

What I would like to see implemented are stations that can unload from the surface modules whenever they are full instead of waiting 6 hours.  My mines can fill 2 or 3 times in that 6 hour schedule.

What the Emperor said  1
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »

Oh right I forgot the game actually splits things into common, uncommon and rare. Been so long since I actually considered mining as a profession in this game that I didn't think about it much.

Yea I think that would be the best solution probably to just have a module that auto-unloads as soon as it's full, actually now that I think about it that shouldn't be very hard to do really, SirEmi would just have to modify the script for unloading every six hours to unloading whenever a module is full and use the script that turns a mining unit off when it's full to detect when it's full.

The only reason I can think of for SirEmi keeping it as it is now is so that mining maniacs like Sargas doesn't strip mine the whole galaxy in a month lol.

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »

Once I decided to try mining. I build myself plenty of miner and harvester with a capacity of 100m3/hr. I forgot that I had to go there every hour to manually empty each modules to the station. I agree that the system is broken. At that time, I suggested that the capacity of the module should grow with the MK level. Instead we got modules with bigger capacity but that did not mine everything. It is crap.

But the solution that Sargas propose is very good and simple to implement.
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 02:23:10 PM »

Unloading when full is by far the best idea! Actually I thought thats how it worked before I realized it said every 6 hours lol. Sir emi, would you be kind and allow this kind of change to please fix the broken mining we currently have. Autounload when full is perfect idea.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »

I mean really, what's another couple of hours (lol) added to the small upgrades we are getting now.

and now, this little piece of libel put to rest:

...   ...
...The only reason I can think of for SirEmi keeping it as it is now is so that mining maniacs like Sargas doesn't strip mine the whole galaxy in a month lol.

I do NOT 'strip mine'.

I only take the best and leave the rest.

(edit because it is expected and to say - Happy New Year)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:21:08 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 02:44:11 PM »

Lol well I didn't mean just you, I meant all of the people into mining in the game as a whole. I mean sooner or later you will mine all the valuable resources there are and that will be all you have left lol. Besides, if the game changed and your modules unloaded when full and you have modules that could mine like 400 m3 of material an hour would you really pass up all those planets with smaller deposits of like 300-700- m3 of material? Seems like pretty easy pickings if you ask me, sure they might not be diamonds or anything else worth like $1,000+ per m3 but I still see stacks of material worth 200k or so on planets when I actually bother to look at the surface. If I could mine those out in an hour or two I would probably take it.

Also I have a somewhat related question. Do resources respawn on planets on their own or do they respawn when people accept those SoS missions that are like "Hey we found a Xenon deposit worth 10 mil, will you pay us to tell you the location?". Or to rephrase it, can someone actually start mining those deposits before anybody even finds the SoS mission that points out the deposit?

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »

I have noticed both earth and sky material will regenerate.

When PMI controlled Jupiter, all it had to mine was hydrogen, now look at it (if SSS allows it, of course). Earth itself regenerated both dirt and atmos, as well.
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »

I mined Europa. and once the one mineral got low a New deposit popped up. Same thing happen when this mineral got low.

However SoS prospectors are constantly coming and going. The galaxy SOL would never run out of rare minerals to mine lol. Either new pops up when low then you got the never ending SoS prospectors. When you accept one.. another SoS pops up somewhere. Mining should be allowed to be an occupation and not broken 1
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 06:17:04 PM »

Id also like to add. my one find of Cadmium was 111k deposit worth 43 million. My highest prospector I found was 85 million! But I never accepted due to being new and not realizing how good of a prospector that was. Lots of huge prospectors out there.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »

we don't like to be rushed...
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »

Yea I would really enjoy mining as a profession it just needs to be improved greatly before I can be bothered. I would love to accept all those prospector missions and what not and then mine up the resources but the mining system is just very clunky and ineffective. I hadn't looked at many of the prospectors and what the value of their finds were, getting up towards the 70-100 mil range is very interesting and makes me want to try mining again but then I remember that there isn't any point in mining more than 100m3 over a 6 hour period because that is all that will fit on it. Finding a deposit of 100k or greater would be awesome but at the same time it would take 250 days to mine out at that rate, of course you could use multiple modules but planetary slots limit your ability to do that as well.

I want it to be good so badly but it's just bleh... SirEmi, plea make mining not a total pain in the arse and make it not take forever.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: