Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 01:47:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: starmap problem with screen readers  (Read 3621 times)
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »

i've been messing about with the starmap a bit. i can't get it to work properly with my screen reader. some of the links in there don't seem to be labeled properly or at least in a way that i can understand. for example, when i try to read one of the results in the starmap this is what i see. index.php?action=star_maps&a2=cset_course&wpid=15227

obviously that's some form of address relating to the game code. there's some form of graphic there. but what it represents my screen reader cannot seem to read.

could this please be rectified?
Report to moderator   Logged
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:39:47 AM »

ok so i want to write a bit of an update to this. basically when going to mission locations, i cannot see which direction i am heading in when heading for missions planets etc. yes i can click on them but i can't see in which direction i'm heading in. i know that there is a graphical line to represent this but this does not work for screen readers.

i have a suggestion as to how this can be rectivied. can the quadrants be broken down into coords? so you'd have your normal set of coords like 1,4 or 1,-4 then after that you can have a set of coords that are local to the quadrant. so it would look something like this. 1,-4:1,10. the 1,10 would be the local coords for quadrants. 0,0 would be the southwest end of the quadrant, 55 would be smack bang in the middle and 10 would be north east end of the quadrant. following the currant map format.

the starmap is still a problem though. could we have actual labels on the graphical map please? or could we have a screen reader friendly map which we can select in our account settings? if you could do this i'll willingly work with you to make sure it works. i have done that before on other games.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: