Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 01:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bug: Lost FTL X when selling FTL X module at Salvage Ship  (Read 7987 times)
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2015, 08:08:33 PM »

Here's the deal, I had 2 FTL X's: 1 in cargo, 1 installed with 30 personnel.

1) I access the Salvage Ship from Navigation and clicked on the "Show All Modules"
2) I click on "Sell" for the FTL X which was installed.
3) I sold for $8791 (it said the personnel were dismissed too)

I go to my Cargo later and there's no FTL X.

Can anyone explain this??? It's gone.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:11:39 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 08:19:06 PM »

You might have accidentally had both modules selected.
Report to moderator   Logged
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:20:11 PM »

No you cannot sell them from cargo anyway. You have to click on "Show All Modules" which only shows installed modules.

And I only clicked on "Sell", so it was only 1 slot, even if the other happened to be there.

I'm eating it. I'm still making a small profit in my actions and the "struggle" was interesting. See, I'm goign to be upgrading my ship soon and I'm only working on 4 module slots. To move miners with 4 slots is a tricky challenge sometimes.

However, theere might be a bug in the Salvate Ship where it sells cargo modules (wrongly) with the same name.

And btw I've been playing since mid (?) last year and this is my first apparent bug.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:39:12 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »

No you cannot sell them from cargo anyway. You have to click on "Show All Modules" which only shows installed modules.

And I only clicked on "Sell", so it was only 1 slot, even if the other happened to be there.

I'm eating it. I'm still making a small profit in my actions and the "struggle" was interesting. See, I'm goign to be upgrading my ship soon and I'm only working on 4 module slots. To move miners with 4 slots is a tricky challenge sometimes.

However, theere might be a bug in the Salvate Ship where it sells cargo modules (wrongly) with the same name.

I may have a spare FTL you can have.  Message me in the game.
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »

Thanks for offering but either I get original back or I just eat it. I'm using FTL I and I'll be done later today. AFter that the ship is heading for SOL and won't arrive there for a few days. Another ship is at SOL, so next few days won't be busy.

What's important to me is account for this possible bug. I could be wrong, but... who knows.

Want to add I learned something new: You can sell modules which're filled with personnel at the Salvage Ship. Doesn't sound useful on the surface, but if you don't have a LVQ, there can be a purpose for it, like moving a unproductive MF.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:47:44 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 08:46:48 PM »

Very true.  BTW I discovered I have one spare FTL mark X actually lol.  I wouldn't mind upgrading it higher for you and giving it to you if you change your mind.  I understand this bug needs to be fixed.  I just thought I'd offer to help.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »

I was looking at the wrong screen lol.  I got a MK 30 if your interested.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »

Here's the deal, I had 2 FTL X's: 1 in cargo, 1 installed1 with 30 personnel.

1) I access the Salvage Ship from Navigation and clicked on the "Show All Modules"

you have one installed and one in cargo...the salvage ship does not care what you have in cargo and will only purchase installed modules.

do they refund the manpower or are you paying the 1$ each for transport back to the hiring hall?

And as far as the missing module in cargo is concerned, that could be a bug...
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »

Here's the deal, I had 2 FTL X's: 1 in cargo, 1 installed with 30 personnel.

Simple, check the cargo log on that ship.  1
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 09:40:02 PM »

Oh damnit Rafe, I never saw that button...
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »

I can't test it now but... one idea is to get two equal MK modules.... put one in cargo and install the other and fill it with personnel. Then go to the Salvage Ship and sell the installed module. Check if the counterpart in the cargo is still there or not.

I looked through the cargo log and couldn't find any entries for the other FTL X. My ship was older than the 14 days. I know I can't be imagining having the other one. I guess it's possible, but I really don't think I'm getting that old yet.

EDIT: I decided to test the idea I proposed by getting two FTL MK I from the Salvage Ship and keeping one in cargo while filling the other with personnel and selling it at the Salvage Ship. This attempt did not reproduce hte experience I had. Arg.

Is this the ghost in the machine or the ghost in my head?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:25:35 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »

ok, then...

Sir Emi, what is going on here?
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »

Is this the ghost in the machine or the ghost in my head?

Head most probably.  I have dealt with module transfers, selling and buying from the salvage ship more than anyone else and it never happened to me. The cargo log tracks pretty much everything that happens to your cargo. 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 09:00:30 AM »

Always check your ship cargo log for any problems with transactions...

We might actually add a buy back button at maybe 125% of the cost for transactions done with NPC in the future.

Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 03:00:46 PM »

Always check your ship cargo log for any problems with transactions...

We might actually add a buy back button at maybe 125% of the cost for transactions done with NPC in the future.
I did check the log. My thinking is since the ship was older than the 14 days allotted for the log then the other FTL X didn't show, since I kept it in my cargo for a long period of time without using. I had two, but turned out not to have enough module space.

Also the sell price of 8791 which I received when I sold the installed module coincides with what FTL X with 30 personnel would yield. FTL I when sold at the salvage ship yielded almost exactly 1/10th. If the other FTL X was included, it should have been higher. So, assuming it wasn't my imagination, it deleted the FTL X in cargo without actually paying me for selling it.

I've moved on and don't really care anymore about this, but I still don't know if it was a bug or my imagination. As I wrote above, I tested the idea it might be removing modules with the same name in the cargo. I bought two FTL I modules, put one in cargo and installed the other with full personnel. When I sold the installed module, the other one remained in cargo. So I was unable to repeat the "bug." It's possible it was my imagination, but I think there's more to it than that.

Without being able to repeat it, I'm wasting your time. I will try to repeat. I'll reply here if I do.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:11:47 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: