Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 10:59:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: So, [PVP] - It Burns When I PvP - care to declare an official corp stance?  (Read 12125 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:28:30 AM »

The galaxy should like to know where active corps stand.  12
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:35:05 AM »

I am curious about this as well.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 03:07:08 AM »

This is how I see them...

Sol Prefect Vs. Cadd17 planetary force
Weapons assault
Sol Prefect attacks with Laser Cannon MK L using standard mode.
Excellent hit on target, doing 117660 damage!
Cadd17 planetary force has been defeated!
Science Lab Mk I was destroyed.
Attacker Victory!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:10:08 AM by Rostin » Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:57:51 AM »

You attacked them?? Dude, Cadd17 can still be classified as a 'newbie', hitting him isn't much of a blow to them. You want to strike them hard, find their two big bosses  12

Have you tried contacting them yet??

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 11:04:21 AM »

Lol, big bosses... Anywho, what exactly did they do to earn that Rostin? I've been away for a little while since my internet was being dumb with the AG server.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 12:42:54 PM »

They tried to start an attack on one of our member's planetary modules, the corp is run by a deserter (I'm fine with people leaving, but what he did is kind of chicken sh!t...), they are obviously hostile, and the module I destroyed was on our base at the moon 1

If I thought what I actually did held any serious consequences I wouldn't have done it. And the timer was there for like, 2 days. He could have moved it

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »

ok...
RoadRunner
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:52 AM »

I quit playing for a couple of months. I was busy working, spending time with my family and friends, and out on the ice fishing. I literally took a complete break from the internet, except for using it to bid jobs and look up work related information.  In the meantime, Rostin was constantly messaging one of my in-game friends here. Threatening to kick me out of the corp if i did not log in. So i logged in once for 2 minutes and again did not log in for a few more weeks. At which time, I immediately left his corp. I no longer wanted to be associated with his egotistical, self-righteousness infused drama.

So for that i get called a deserter and chicken poop. (But his two faced crap says everyone can leave at any time.) I left without causing a scene or drama, but of course Mr. DramaQueen himself has to post and cry like a little kid. I got tired of his bull crap, and his above post is a prime example of why i left. For more examples look at his post about JJL.

Do you feel good about yourself Rostin? You attacked a player that has less than 100k total power. So yes, any attack on that low level of a player is detrimental. He wasn't online for a few days. So your excuse is null. But you want to know what? I only learned of this attack through here in the forums. That player hasn't said one word, or complained, or cried about it in chat or PM. I would rather play with a 1000 Cadd17's than 1 Rostin any day, any game.

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 02:29:08 AM »

Oh boy we got a biter!

Seems I pinched a nerve with you there RoadRunner; my apologies as that was not my intention. Please allow me to explain myself and our current situation in EXCRUCIATING detail so that I am not misinterpreted further.

No need to get a heated temper over this  1

Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 03:10:41 AM »

I quit playing for a couple of months. I was busy working, spending time with my family and friends, and out on the ice fishing. I literally took a complete break from the internet, except for using it to bid jobs and look up work related information.  In the meantime, Rostin was constantly messaging one of my in-game friends here. Threatening to kick me out of the corp if i did not log in. So i logged in once for 2 minutes and again did not log in for a few more weeks. At which time, I immediately left his corp.

First point, you did not tell anyone in New Rome that you were leaving for an extended period of time. It is well within my right to kick unannounced inactive players from my corporation and that is clearly stated in the SPQNR Constitution [Article 2, Section 4].
Second, I was not threatening anything... Please understand that. I was messaging Martok because EVERYONE in New Rome was genuinely concerned and worried about you due to the nature of your absence (which was directly after YOU tried to start pointless drama with another Senator might I add). I was just asking Martok if you would be coming back and if you were alright. I was more than prepared to wait for you to return whenever you wanted or felt comfortable. Whether that was 500 hours or 1000 hours later meant nothing because you were a good friend and an excellent Senator and I figured you would be back in the game eventually. I can show you word for word my correspondences with Martok to show my good will and patience with your situation which was unknown to us.

Yeah, you left my corp. That's all well in good. But you left without notifying anyone and you never replied when I asked you what was up. Nothing. Not a peep. Now if that ain't a spit in the face I don't know what is! It was fine because you joined Madden and he's a cool guy! I really like him and wish the best for SCORP. But then you left that corp too (did you say anything that time?) and made your own. Which is also cool! Buuut... you made your tag PvP. How did you honestly expect people would interpret that? What was I supposed to think when this guy left without saying anything, ignored my message, and then made a corp called PvP? Are you NOT a PvP corp?? Well then you should make that blatantly clear and probably change the tag.  1

I no longer wanted to be associated with his egotistical, self-righteousness infused drama.
So for that i get called a deserter and chicken poop. (But his two faced crap says everyone can leave at any time.) I left without causing a scene or drama, but of course Mr. DramaQueen himself has to post and cry like a little kid. I got tired of his bull crap, and his above post is a prime example of why i left. For more examples look at his post about JJL.

Yes, I am SUCH a drama queen. How did I not ever notice that before?? So I am a drama queen for taking my friend jake into my infant corp and then defending that decision to the point of a cold war with two of the top corps in the game and the near destruction of a democratic peace-keeping body which I helped create and continue to assist in? I am a drama queen because when someone attacks my members for a BS reason (remember; SPQNR is a PEACEFUL corporation. NOT a PvP one) I threaten retaliation and denounce the attacker who has been a constant thorn in my side for almost half a year? I am a drama queen because I destroyed a mk I science lab belonging to a member of a corp called [PvP] who had it sitting on our corp base at the Moon? Yes, it all makes sense now. Don't bother mentioning that I have created the first era of galactic peace that this game has seen in over a year! Don't bother mentioning my commitment as a mediator and as a friend to a very large amount of players in this game. Ah yes, I am sobbing so hard right now. Posting the facts of my existence in this game and the situations that prompted me to attack a mk I science lab on the moon has me in tears. People can leave whenever they want, but they can't talk crap about my corp while they are still in it, disappear unannounced for close to a month, and then leave without saying a word and not expect me to feel a bit slighted. What did I do to you prior to this RoadRunner? What did I do to give you this impression of me as an egotistical, self-righteous, drama-queen? You were having a great time in New Rome as I recall and you were a good friend to everyone, so what changed?

Maybe you should explain to anyone who joins you what exactly it means to be in a PvP corp and maybe you should think twice before trying to start an attack on New Rome in the future... But please, don't let ME tell you what to do! Lord knows you don't want ol' Rostinius Maximus' advice on being a good corp leader. What does he know about leadership? You don't know me well enough to say such slanderous things and get away with it friend... I wasn't going to start anything over all this but then you or Martok (i forgot who it was...) started an attack against someone in New Rome. Game on gentlemen! Welcome to PvP Astro Galaxy!  13

Do you feel good about yourself Rostin? You attacked a player that has less than 100k total power. So yes, any attack on that low level of a player is detrimental. He wasn't online for a few days. So your excuse is null. But you want to know what? I only learned of this attack through here in the forums. That player hasn't said one word, or complained, or cried about it in chat or PM. I would rather play with a 1000 Cadd17's than 1 Rostin any day, any game.

Eh, I don't really feel good or bad about attacking cadd's science lab. He joined a PvP corp so he should know what that means. I feel bad about your new attitude towards me and I feel bad that New Rome lost such a good friend. My attack against Cadd wasn't personal; I'm sure he is a great guy and he took it like a champ! And if he didn't tell you about it; why is it any of your business?

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 05:31:24 AM »

wow

Haha I just realised...

PvP: Player vs Player

Doesn't mean 'I attack another person'

So I guess it also burns when you guys get attacked?? LOL

P.S It would be nice if we had 1000 Cadd17s, it means AG has 1000 more players 16 Anyway, its just a science lab, I bet he couldn't be too bothered about it. He might have complained if...like his Artificial Moon (edit - full of resources and cool modules) gets destroyed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:46:11 AM by Madden » Report to moderator   Logged

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »

Uh huh... well I have my answer anyway lol. Enjoy working that all out.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »

I still don't have my answer (from the opening post).

Who speaks for PvP?  1
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 04:26:40 PM »

In the light of recent developments, members of the New Roman Senate have been recalled from Spring Leave to discuss the attacks that have taken place on our installations. In the interest of the decision making process, we would like to know, in the next 24 hours, where the PVP leadership stands on its members' recent activity.

Please consider this the final call for PVP to declare a formal corp stance.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: