Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 07:42:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SPQNR - the democratic corporation  (Read 12185 times)
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2015, 11:46:46 AM »

SPQNR is the fastest growing corporation In AG in terms of number of members, member power, and corporation power.

As of this posting, it is also the only corporation set up as a democracy, and has many other benefits to joining, among them are:
A.   New players will receive a number of advanced modules for free that will enable you to skip the first boring portion of the game, that normally takes a couple of months to complete.
B.   We have several ships that we pass out to our various members on a weekly basis.
C.   You can buy additional modules from other members at cost for modules that you can’t currently produce.

I have a spreadsheet with a lot if useful information and calculation aids. You can get the most recent version after joining, but am including an older version here.

EDIT: the biggest advantage is that we help each other out. This may be the reason that SPQNR is the fastest growing corp.

* AG spreadsheet V4.zip (65.35 KB - downloaded 264 times.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:19:51 PM by dkuhnkc » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »

Not to mention the all-round great and dynamic atmosphere in New Rome. With nearly 30 players from across the globe, there's always someone to talk to.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 03:15:51 AM »

Everyone is welcome; from casual miners to intense pirate hunters you will find no better home than the Senate and People of New Rome  1

Our leadership structure offers all members the chance to be elected into officer roles and our new Legion organization facilitates easy roleplaying and mentoring.

Open door policy here at SPQNR, all are welcome to come and go as they please.
"Once a Senator, ALWAYS a Senator"

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 04:48:37 AM »

Intense pirate hunters?O.o Npcs only I hope.

Just wondering are PIRATES allowed lol

And SCORPs belief is that this "boring" portion of the game is actually where the player begins to grasp the game and start to understand it. Free modules are great, but you should give a player a month or so to feel the game on his own (are there female players actually???)

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »

And SCORPs belief is that this "boring" portion of the game is actually where the player begins to grasp the game and start to understand it. Free modules are great, but you should give a player a month or so to feel the game on his own (are there female players actually???)
I'm sure there have been some female players in AG since it has started... whether or not any of those female players decided to stick around is another matter, who knows?

Personally I also kind of believe that giving a player free modules that are far beyond what they could possibly make does somewhat limit that players grasp on how the game works. If I had not had to do those early missions from Sol to the other planets and then to the other star systems I wouldn't have understood how the efficiency of the engines works as far as having higher lvl WHG's vs. more WHG's installed. Also even after I initially joined Jazz at ITO I still didn't get a ton of help (in the module department anyway) and I had to come up with a plan as far as how I would grow and develop, because of that I investigated many different ways of playing the game and have a good bit of experience with them.

If someone had just handed me a COM ship that made me a couple million solars every day then I probably wouldn't have bothered with anything other than COM's (which honestly isn't a super bad thing) and I wouldn't have devolped as much experience as I have now.

I hope your methods are working for you at SPQNR however, regardless of whether I agree with them lol.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 12:38:18 PM »

We don't give them excessively high tech modules right off the bat. They're good beginner-intermediate level modules to get them started. And of course there are female players! New Rome has a couple!

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 09:27:58 PM »

the EoS doesn't ask gender.

A citizen is a citizen!
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 10:10:11 PM »

I'm sure there have been some female players in AG since it has started... whether or not any of those female players decided to stick around is another matter, who knows?

Personally I also kind of believe that giving a player free modules that are far beyond what they could possibly make does somewhat limit that players grasp on how the game works. If I had not had to do those early missions from Sol to the other planets and then to the other star systems I wouldn't have understood how the efficiency of the engines works as far as having higher lvl WHG's vs. more WHG's installed1. Also even after I initially joined Jazz at ITO I still didn't get a ton of help (in the module department anyway) and I had to come up with a plan as far as how I would grow and develop, because of that I investigated many different ways of playing the game and have a good bit of experience with them.

If someone had just handed me a COM ship that made me a couple million solars every day then I probably wouldn't have bothered with anything other than COM's (which honestly isn't a super bad thing) and I wouldn't have devolped as much experience as I have now.

I hope your methods are working for you at SPQNR however, regardless of whether I agree with them lol.

1. I did not have that luxury. The pirate corporation 'OX' (Scion and JJL) ran me out of ring prime (all the way to sector 3,1). After running out of fuel, I sat there for a month or so of real life, came back to Earth, sold a bunch of crap and went out again.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 02:27:03 AM »

We only hunt NPC pirates and anyone foolish enough to actively pirate our assets  laugh

Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 06:40:53 AM »

1. I did not have that luxury. The pirate corporation 'OX' (Scion and JJL) ran me out of ring prime (all the way to sector 3,1). After running out of fuel, I sat there for a month or so of real life, came back to Earth, sold a bunch of crap and went out again.

Good to know there's somebody here who's experiencing what I'm experiencing right now -_-
My flagship, [SCORP] Warrior, is currently stuck 140LY away from Sol, but at least I'm making steady progress back home, issuing fuel distresses and buying just enough fuel for the next jump. I pretty much deactivated my WHG XXX and used my backup WHG I to save money -_- But at least I managed to do this weird SOS mission and have the location of 7mil worth of Tin.

Btw this Tin deposit, is it only farmable by me or can others see it too if they happen to land on that exact planet??

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 06:52:12 AM »

Madden, have you tried to send it on autopilot home with just one (1) civilian on the whg? If you do it while you're asleep you make easy progress.

I'll happily send you a couple of QP to convert to solars and that to fuel.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 07:02:31 AM »

HUH? Autopilot continues LR courses?? I thought I have to engage it first...then the autopilot does the jump.

I'll try and thanks man.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 09:44:59 AM »

once you find your tin deposit, anyone can mine it. If someone is there first, offer to share.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 10:19:19 AM »

If you need fuel, ask me and I will try to set up a small station nearby. My 25 solari per cubic is a lot less expensive than the snakes that survive on our tragedies.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »

No need to bother you, but thanks for the offer.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: