Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 05:06:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Install Wormhole Generator..."  (Read 11541 times)
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2015, 12:20:48 AM »

Am at the SEA course segment preparing for an interstellar hop.

Installed and 100% staffed a Wormhole Generator aboard my space bus. 

The SEA course does not recognize that and I can't continue 'til it does. 

Any suggestions?
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:21:52 AM »

Did it want you to upgrade the WHG?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:24:49 AM »

I don't believe so, no.  The task is "Install Wormhole generator module and hire personnel for it." 

That's what I did.  Snarky little robot doesn't believe me, I guess.   3
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:26:15 AM »

Hmm... My only suggestion is to reread carefully exactly what it says for whatever step does not say (done) happy

BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 12:49:43 AM »

Took your advice, Rostin. 

FYI for those folks who might run up against this quirk:

When I got the WHG from a previous SEA task, I installed it and then staffed it from personnel I had in my Living Quarters.  The task refused to resolve.  I 'Dismissed' those personnel, returned to 'Ship Maintenance' and then BOUGHT the personnel to staff the Wormhole gizmo.
Voila!  All fixed.

Despite a previous SEA task requiring a new module to be staffed from Living Quarters personnel, this particular tasking required that they be bought and not transferred.  That's odd, to me.  It did work, though.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 12:57:29 AM »

Ah yes, I remember that little hiccup now 1

Gave me some trouble when I last did the SEA as well

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 07:42:39 AM »

Well, the instruction was to HIRE personnel, not just staff the WHG. 1
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 07:56:50 AM »

*like* / +1
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »

I guess it's all in the timing, Raphael, as an argument could be made that those folks in the LVQ were hired.  They just weren't hired for a specific function.  It's cool; these little quirks give me something to think about besides timers.  lol

Found another similar hiccup in the SEA tasks, too.  The final task prior to the Graduation calls for players to vote for AG on some of the game review sites.  I had done that earlier in the day (as well as doing so on each of my 4 previous logins to date), not knowing it would be a SEA tasking.  This directive refuses to resolve, also.  It seems to be a timing issue; the action doesn't count because it was done out of order.  I'm not sure why that should be the case.   It's just another 16 hours to wait.   2

Note to folks:  Neither of these things are big deals in and of themselves.  The issue, in my eyes, is one of new player retention.  The hurdles which 'normal' timers place in front of new folks are already stumbling blocks in the path of retention.  The addition of other arbitrary time-eaters can only contribute to the level of frustration some folks (read: Yours Truly) experience in the chase.  Instant gratification is not in the cards --  laugh --but little details like these that confuse new hands on top of the 'time-centric' challenge to retention aren't likely to help much.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:19:42 PM by BravoVoid » Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 05:47:19 PM »

I never encountered these "hiccups." If you just followed the instructions and not find ways to cut corners, you will be done sooner and will have no problems. 1
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 07:38:41 PM »

At the risk of encouraging belligerence, Raphael, I'm going to take your comment at face value.

I'm not trying to cut corners.  Am not interested in short-cuts, at all.  Rather, a granite-solid foundation is my goal.  

I intend to build what you did.  It's likely I won't do it the same way, but my intent is clear.  

Simply put, I'm following the path as it's been laid out.  That path has led me to the postings above.  While you may not have run into the same roadblocks, it doesn't mean they don't exist.  Browse back and you'll find I'm not the only newb to experience some of'em.  

In short, I'm not interested in your superiority, I'm interested in your knowledge.

Have you got more useful info?  Some of your postings have opened my eyes to stuff I hadn't considered.  

Your last post is beneath you.  Just sayin'...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:48:28 PM by BravoVoid » Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »

I never encountered these "hiccups." If you just followed the instructions and not find ways to cut corners, you will be done sooner and will have no problems. 1

At the risk of encouraging belligerence, Raphael, I'm going to take your comment at face value.

In short, I'm not interested in your superiority, I'm interested in your knowledge.

Have you got more useful info?  Some of your postings have opened my eyes to stuff I hadn't considered. 

Your last post is beneath you.  Just sayin'...

*whip crack*  laugh laugh laugh

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »

I'm not trying to cut corners.  Am not interested in short-cuts, at all.  Rather, a granite-solid foundation is my goal.  

I intend to build what you did.  It's likely I won't do it the same way, but my intent is clear.  

Simply put, I'm following the path as it's been laid out.  That path has led me to the postings above.  While you may not have run into the same roadblocks, it doesn't mean they don't exist.  Browse back and you'll find I'm not the only newb to experience some of'em.  

Have you got more useful info?  Some of your postings have opened my eyes to stuff I hadn't considered.  

Your last post is beneath you.  Just sayin'...

That was knowledge right there. Now newbies will know to just follow the instructions and avoid cutting corners to finish the course ASAP and without problems. I'm sure you can find many flaws in the course (and in the whole game for that matter) if you try to do things your way when things just aren't programmed the way you want.  1
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »

I guess it's all in the timing, Raphael, as an argument could be made that those folks in the LVQ were hired.  They just weren't hired for a specific function.

You'd make a good lawyer 13
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »

Maybe he IS a lawyer.

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print