Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 20, 2024, 03:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Install Wormhole Generator..."  (Read 11544 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »

Took your advice, Rostin. 

FYI for those folks who might run up against this quirk:

When I got the WHG from a previous SEA task, I installed it and then staffed it from personnel I had in my Living Quarters.  The task refused to resolve.  I 'Dismissed' those personnel, returned to 'Ship Maintenance' and then BOUGHT the personnel to staff the Wormhole gizmo.
Voila!  All fixed.

Despite a previous SEA task requiring a new module to be staffed from Living Quarters personnel, this particular tasking required that they be bought and not transferred.  That's odd, to me.  It did work, though.
the SEA is teaching you how to do stuff.  first you staffed a WHG from a LQ (correctly according to your instruction) then when you tried to staff the new one the same way and it did not work. It did not work because you didn't follow the instructions. The first taught you how to staff a module from your own idle crew and the second taught you how to hire new crew.

The voting problem is something else. I thought  that just trying to vote (and getting the standard "you already voted' message was enough to pass that part of the course. Did you try voting, or did you just wait until the timer expired? When I was a snot-nosed cadet, I read that advice in the SOL forum.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 01:07:21 PM »

You can always go to a different computer or internet source to vote again. Or do it from your phone using data

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 01:39:32 PM »

there is that. it even tells you to do that on the voting page...
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »

Took your advice, Rostin. 

FYI for those folks who might run up against this quirk:

When I got the WHG from a previous SEA task, I installed it and then staffed it from personnel I had in my Living Quarters.  The task refused to resolve.  I 'Dismissed' those personnel, returned to 'Ship Maintenance' and then BOUGHT the personnel to staff the Wormhole gizmo.
Voila!  All fixed.

Despite a previous SEA task requiring a new module to be staffed from Living Quarters personnel, this particular tasking required that they be bought and not transferred.  That's odd, to me.  It did work, though.
the SEA is teaching you how to do stuff.  first you staffed a WHG from a LQ (correctly according to your instruction) then when you tried to staff the new one the same way and it did not work. It did not work because you didn't follow the instructions. The first taught you how to staff a module from your own idle crew and the second taught you how to hire new crew.

The voting problem is something else. I thought  that just trying to vote (and getting the standard "you already voted' message was enough to pass that part of the course. Did you try voting, or did you just wait until the timer expired? When I was a snot-nosed cadet, I read that advice in the SOL forum.

Exactly, it's because he didn't follow instructions. In the real world, not following simple instructions can cost you your job. LOL also don't forget that personnel in the LQ could've been cloned, not necessarily hired. 1
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 12:10:19 AM »

It's probably late enough that not many others are goin' to weigh in on this segment of the 'Junk Drawer.'

So, a big thumbs up to all o'y'all that commented on it...the lesson is clear.  "Follow instructions, ya whacko."
'
My only defense is that I aggressively pursue any competitive advantage.  It bit me in the tail, this time.

Cool little sub-set of the Drawer, though. What mistakes did you folks make gettin' the ball rolling?  I think it'd be useful as all get-out to have a 'Don't be an idiot' section.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 02:58:55 AM »

My biggest mistakes were squandering QPs on speeding up tasks.

Other than that, using real weapons instead of marines on my first COM ships really hurt me in my mid game

BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 04:13:30 AM »

Oh?  How did doin' that hurt, Rostin?  I have exactly 0 combats under my belt aside from the one in the SEA course.  How would you set up a weapons load out if you were new but taking the long view?  I've read here an' there that a MAU/Shield load out is effective.  Are there more effective/practical configurations?

I've got a boat that I've outfitted for SoS/Com ops and it's wallowing toward its 1st mission now.  (it's not a COM tasking)  Before I step on my whoozis, maybe some of y'all could share some thoughts about how to fit out a craft for a newb's first forays into Universal conflict.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »

I started with lasers my first time doing COMs and didn't use marines until much later. THAT was a mistake. MAUs are OP 13

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 01:36:05 AM »

Exactly, it's because he didn't follow instructions. In the real world, not following simple instructions can cost you your job. LOL also don't forget that personnel in the LQ could've been cloned, not necessarily hired. 1

Dunno, I give out the instructions, not follow them   laugh

The comebacks keep getting better btw, cloned  personnel at n00b level. If BravoVoid sounds like a lawyer, you should be the prosecutor  pistols
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: