Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:48:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pro Tips  (Read 24166 times)
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2015, 02:57:37 AM »

Just a stray thought that got out when I was dreaming delusions of grandeur.

Would love to see this thread become a kinda central repository for various tips, strategies, configurations, etc., that the Monsters of the Universe have discovered.

JJL is particularly good at this, a lot of his posts around the Forum have an "I used to do this but now I'm..." content.

Who else has info like this that could serve as guideposts and/or targets to/of opportunity? 
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »

feel free to compile them, just remember to give credit in the proper form
BravoVoid
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 07:18:01 PM »

And that's absolutely my intent, Amigo.   It'll likely be some time before the information I envision showin' up in this thread is stuff I can even USE, though.  I reckon I'm just about as far from 'Pro' as it's possible to be.  Still, I'm pretty certain that there's a place for this sort of informational gold.

How 'bout it, folks?  This'd be a cool place for you Elite creatures to tease da noobs, baffle your targets, mislead, misguide and misdirect threats to your holdings and maybe even give a promising space-Neanderthal a leg up on what to think about next.   17

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:23:21 PM by BravoVoid » Report to moderator   Logged
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »

I used to be in the most powerful corporation in the game.

Now I am the leader of the third most powerful corporation in the game 1

Take that for what you will

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 05:06:18 PM »

Seriously though...

I used to do a lot of dumb things. What exactly were you looking for?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »

Can anyone tell me if putting two stations in orbit is better if I want to protect the one which is weaker by putting them together? I know putting all your eggs in one basket isn't good, but neither is leaving your eggs unprotected!?

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 03:08:12 AM »

Find yourself a nice backwater planet and just put NINE in orbit, protected by a decent sized ship. Solar for solar the cheapest and most efficient defence.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:17:54 PM »

Just a stray thought that got out when I was dreaming delusions of grandeur.

Would love to see this thread become a kinda central repository for various tips, strategies, configurations, etc., that the Monsters of the Universe have discovered.

JJL is particularly good at this, a lot of his posts around the Forum have an "I used to do this but now I'm..." content.

Who else has info like this that could serve as guideposts and/or targets to/of opportunity? 

A lot of my old tips are a bit outdated lol.  Still they hold some basis.  I won't likely be writing up any more faqs or guides though.  My heart just isn't into the game like it used to be.
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »

1) How do I know if a big deposit is the result of a mission someoen else is doing? If it's the result of a mission and I put miners on it, what if that causes the player doing the mission to attack my miners?

2) If I click on "Rival Modules" and the Owner field is empty, what's that mean?

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »

1.  It is the opinion of the Empire that if you find a large deposit and there is nobody there, it belongs to you.  If someone else is mining, it is theirs (regardless of any open slots - ask permission to share).  And if you discover a large deposit where someone is mining something else, you should ask permission to share the planet.  

2.  It usually means someone fought a pirate nest (or hijacking) and had modules on the planet that were captured by the pirates, thus belonging to nobody.

(edit for the usual reasons)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:51:49 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 08:11:38 PM »

How do you start an active scan remotely using a wormhole detector which is located on a station?

The WHD Logs section says you can start a scan using a detector which it says can be on a station.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 12:21:55 AM »

sigh...  the WHD only does static scans and is not capable of deep scanning. I have complained about this in another topic.
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »

sigh...  the WHD only does static scans and is not capable of deep scanning. I have complained about this in another topic.
What do you mean?

Can I use a wormhole detector which is installed on a station?

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »

As of now, a WHD only registers what is coming into it's range. If it is deployed on a ship, you can order a scan at any time, but it will only tell you a wormhole is either forthcoming, present, or closing. it does not tell you who is opening the 'ole.

If it is deployed on a station however, it will only perform a 'static' scan and not a deep scan.

But either way, you will only know that a wormhole is about to open, is open, or has closed.

(edit because - giggle)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:32:33 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 05:37:01 AM »

I have suggested changes to these as well but of course nothing as come of it. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: