Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 05:20:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Huge update today  (Read 37774 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 04:50:11 PM »

Vira: is the general reaction in SSS as negative as it is in SPQNR? Right now, out of our two dozen players, more than half will pack it in when their officers expire.
Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 04:53:18 PM »

I saved a long time to bypass the worst bottleneck in the game (travel time), and got myself the wormhole shifter around the turn of the year. Researched WHG-D tech, and with VIP and nav officer, I can do 16 ly jumps in 38 seconds now. That'll be back to over 2 mins without VIP and officer. No quicker than with a common scout op'ed ship before, and that is just too slow. I didn't invest all that time (and money, I did pay $35 in my earlier days, just months ago, to obtain QP, so IMO that's a good return for a basic browser game, albeit one with potential) in the game to be forced that many steps back.
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »

in the upcoming auction system, witch is the next project after super-nova explosions.

I ask again... is there any kind of timeline for the auction?
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 05:00:32 PM »

And combat?

Why is QP even an issue? Why does it need to be a big deal? All people used it for was officers, VIP, speeding up tasks, and buying things from the pledge system. It doesn't need to be unique, you could have just renamed QPs or made a new system for your special supporter items.

The pledge stuff still would clean me out if I wanted to buy some things for a unique ship I had designed. But now it looks like I might never get wormhole shifter which would have been my next project after I finished these science upgrades.

It also looks like my science network will be crippled once my officer runs out. There is now way I can catch up to the big guys who already have hundreds of QPs stocked up and will be getting 30% more RPs than me once mine runs out.

The officers and VIP were a GREAT incentive to save up money and work hard in the game! They were also a key selling point to get anyone to join a corp without much other tools built in the game for recruitment.

The biggest killer is now the manufacturing times... I'm going to have to either wait twice as long for my modules to build or else spend ALL of my APs cumulated over hundreds of hours to speed up the production of ONE module; sacrificing the chance I would have to speed up jumps and other things. Now I will have less of a reason to be on every day because my friends will start quitting, my modules will take 1500 hours to complete, I won't be able to speed up my COM missions by deactivating as many modules, and the travel times without VIP and the officer will be horrendous, or I will need to make bigger engines to eat MORE fuel just to fly to a freaking bullsh!t 20% COM strength mission in an hour. Oh, and it's like we'll be wearing blinders because our nav screens will be itty bitty now.

Autopilot and LR courses? Useless
Mining? Useless
Looter Missions? Useless (you have effectively KILLED the value of diamonds)

I've played as a newbie and this game sucks until you get VIP and Officers. I've been a huge supporter of yours Sir Emi and I've been patient with updates while everyone else griped and complained with your irregular activity. But I feel like I just waited months for a slap in the face and for you to tell me to start all over. I will probably have to rebalance ALL of my ships with cargo space, engine size, and even weapons and shields because while they increased with the officer the ship power did not. Tell me right now why I should keep playing this game when you are about to destroy the community of SPQNR that we've developed and you're going to bring my progress and ships back to a snail's pace because you want more financial support after you release an update that, right out of the gate, has more people unhappy than U.S. foreign policy.

Why don't you look at what The Old Republic has. A preferred player status that gives you certain advantages after you support the game financially any one time. You could donate $2 once and be set for life on those advantages.

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 05:03:20 PM »

in the upcoming auction system, witch is the next project after super-nova explosions.

I ask again... is there any kind of timeline for the auction?

And how much QP/day could be expected to be earned by players investing in this new system?

Will I be able to afford keeping my VIP and officers if I have one ship working on auction modules or will I need to send my entire fleet for weeks to renew for the month?

dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 05:05:16 PM »

well maybe the auction thing needs to be done first for the simple reason if there's no way of getting qp apart from spending rl money then that's really going to get on people's nerves. if people are going to start leaving because of this when their officers go then the game is dead.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 05:10:50 PM »

Mythiclord shares my sentiment...

Quote from him (he does not have an account in these forums)
Please Sir Emi. Please change the game back to how it was!
My Corp is falling apart. One person just quit today forever. More than 10 out of 20+ of our members have already decided to quit the minute their VIP and officers expire. Please give us an option to buy QP with solars. These guys are like family to me and they're already starting to quit 10
These are all quotes from members Sir Emi:
I'm out of the game, this is my last evening. 1 ... It would be nice if we would meet in another game. 1 ...
Mostly my nick I sun... Pre colours... Like green sun, bluesun, silversun. laugh if we do see one another... It would be great... I like mmo browser games.. 1
Over..out... CaptainB .. Love you all ;)
I just sent a PM to sir emi that I will not pay more than $80 US a year for VIP and officers. Unless there is an in game way to get VIP and officers, I will no longer be playing. My last day will be april 24th.
I'm going to stick it out until officers desert and qp runs out. Figure I have enough time left to see how this works out. Spent a year + building the fleet with minimal (although greatly appreciated) help...... just before I leave, I'm thinking of a suicide mission ......

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 05:15:27 PM »

I see that you cannot us QP any longer to speed anything up (it must first be converted in the 'pledge' menu). I'm not complaining, it has to be this way for AP to work the way you seem to want it to work. You may need to put in an option that while 1 QP can be traded for 1 AP, it would take (for example) 10 AP to purchase 1 QP.

so how can ap replace officer bonuses? especially when it comes to science?

It just speeds stuff up. So instead of getting the officer benefits, you speed things up. Indeed what about science, the combat bonuses,or anything else that cannot be sped up?

And I agree with everyone else that this will cause a mass-desertion.
Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 05:19:51 PM »

it really is a shame that this isnt a day of celebration.

In reality, a lot was done.  if the entire backbone was reworked then I can see how the game was greatly improved.

There are some issues with the way you are handling reloading and the images etc because they are taking too long and forcing us to reload each time.  there isnt a way to set these up as cached?  

I had to play this game via mobile for a while and I was shocked how much data it ate up via reloading all the screens.  anyway something to think about.

Finding a balance between how much it costs to create and maintain a game, personal profit and incentive to players to spend money on your game is a difficult one.  but you either have Donation and Donator status or you have a pay to win game if there is no way to replicate the same thing in game.

I'm fine with having things in game that people can buy instantly if they want to, but I dislike not having access to it via saving/smart play/reasonable amount of time to get it if i want it.
Ordago
Private

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »

Wow, this update just killed the game.  gun_bandana

perhaps a warning, perhaps a special offer to the existing gaming community buying QPs at a big discount just to give the developers a cash injection,

dont know what will happen but removing the option of buying QPs completely without any warning, it is going to have dire consequences to AG. notworking

one thing is for sure, once my officers expire, I and many players at SSS will also stop playing at least this "auction thingy" is up and running pretty soon.

Your call Sir Emi. 

my 2 cents!!  frusty

Vini, vidi, vinci

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 06:04:42 PM »

You can buy Quantum Points using Actions Points now.

Keep in mind that your navigation computer generates 720 AP / month

It costs 20 AP to buy 1 QP, that means 36 QP / month.

This option might be removed if abused.

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 06:11:27 PM »

thank you for that. it should help re-balance the game.
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 06:18:25 PM »

i'm going to post what i put up on our board.
post from lord sidious:
lets just step back a bit and see what happens with this auction thingy. i suggested
on the forums that he needs to get that sorted first seeming as this is the way he's
going. lets just see exactly what happens with this treasure hunting thing. i admit
this whole thing is a surprise for sure but lets just stop and see exactly where
this auction thing goes where qp is concerned. everybody is kneejurking because of
the lack of ability to buy qp. understandable on it's own. however we do not yet know what he has planned for the future aquazition of qp. we know something
is coming, we don't know what. so until we do know lets just get on with this game
until we hear something concrete?

end of quoat.
Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 06:21:33 PM »

what does abused mean?

you may just wish to set a max/limit on number of QP's bought with AP per month

Just a random example:

Lets say you set the QP purchased with AP to 350 per month
then each day you complete all 6 votes allows you to buy 5 more QP with AP per month.

This would give a total of 500 per month a player is able to buy with AP
(PS get rid of the allowing votes from multiple isp, limited it per account it just looks like a way to falsely prop up numbers on the voting sites)

So set a maximum limit for QP and allow/give incentive to increase that amount by a pleasurable amount for doing things that help you, your game, your development, your advertising etc.

Many games gives bonuses for finding and reporting bugs or making suggestions that improve the game if implemented, some even give/award bonuses for just having good topics or guides on the forums etc.

You have control over if it's abused, either that or state what the abuse level is.

PS I myself approve of the 1M solars per QP.  it's attainable but for the uber rich that may still be inexpensive and we may buy more than you intended.  Some guidelines would serve well

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:28:47 PM by Merkaba » Report to moderator   Logged
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »

SirEmi thx for understanding this will give possibility for good game experience  \o/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: