Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:45:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Huge update today  (Read 37709 times)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:17 AM »

New Rome seems to have put away their bug-out bags for now.

Thanks Sir Emi, looks like I won't have to find new friends just yet.  6  Opps
Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 03:27:38 AM »

The story of how ONE simple button managed to keep over a dozen active captains on board just in New Rome. Thanks again for turning it around SirEmi, it was the right course of action  1
Dragonfly
Lance Corporal

Eternal Wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 04:46:13 AM »

Yeah, thanks for that SirEmi 1

And seems like dialog windows are now better optimized for mobile users 1

Restecpa 1

Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 05:17:25 AM »

Just to cue in on my two cents here SirEmi. I understand what you were wanting to do with the QP's and everything, I had felt for awhile now that you were never going to make any money with this game considering how easy it was to get QP. I could see how that fact could contribute to you not really feeling like doing anything for this game.

With this AP system in place it will definitely help the noobs, the speeding up effect of the QP's being put on AP now that regenerate every hour helps them speed stuff up a ton plus since they only cost 50k insteand of 250k like QP used to they can buy them more easily to speed up many tasks.

I am some what concerned that the AP regenerating will undo some of your efforts to make QP less common and to give more incentive for people to buy them with real money. My concern is that you get 24 AP a day which is basically one free QP every day. Granted that still isn't that much but it basically gives everyone a free and unlimited source of VIP at the very least. Perhaps you should push up the cost of QP from 20 AP to something like 30 or 40 AP. As much as it will pain my wallet I would prefer to actually have to work to keep my benefits that some people pay for.

Also since the option to buy AP and then convert the AP into QP exists I feel like it would be a better option to just bring back the ability to to buy QP straight with Solars and just increase the price to what it would be with the method we have now which as of right now 50k per AP and 20 AP per QP is 1 million solars. It just seems a bit cumbersome to have to buy one form of currency just to convert it to another, though I do understand you only added it due to massive outcries from the players.

Someone (I can't be bothered to go back in the pages to look up who it was) brought up an interesting idea. Perhaps you could create a donator status for people that do donate and to give incentive for others to do so. Something that was relatively simple and not game breaking (basically as long as it didn't become a pay2win sort of thing). One thing I can think of is the ability to hold even more AP than we can with VIP status, perhaps an increase from the 200 with VIP to 400 with Donator status? Another cool incentive would be some kind of Donator Black Market where you can sell things for their full value rather than the normal sell price, which would definitely help miners make money.

Maybe a cool little golden ship icon next to their name ingame would be nice as well to identify who is a donator.

There are always good ways to give people an incentive to give you money and not upset the people that either can't or don't want to and not completely change the balance of the game if you look hard enough xD I'm sure many of us could give you other good ideas if you wanted.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 05:39:55 AM »

if you make the acquasition of qp much more expensive then it's going to slow the newbs down more so than before. 1m per qp is enough. it gives people something to work towards. whilst i'm not making a buckit load of money per day, i do think that 1m solars per qp is enough.

as for ap, well i don't mind that either. again it's something that can help the newbs and you can choose how you use that ap. 1 qp per day with just generating ap really isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things. especially if you want to have officers and vip status. on it's own you'd never be able to save up enough ap to acomplish all that.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 05:55:48 AM »

Wow the AP is really making me feel like I'm cheating ...  Opps

I can do over 10 SOS missions in 10 minutes.   12

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 06:18:02 AM »

how exactly if you can only get 1 per hour?
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 06:35:47 AM »

It generates when you're offline...so you get 24 per day.

Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 06:43:49 AM »

if you make the acquasition of qp much more expensive then it's going to slow the newbs down more so than before. 1m per qp is enough. it gives people something to work towards. whilst i'm not making a buckit load of money per day, i do think that 1m solars per qp is enough.

as for ap, well i don't mind that either. again it's something that can help the newbs and you can choose how you use that ap. 1 qp per day with just generating ap really isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things. especially if you want to have officers and vip status. on it's own you'd never be able to save up enough ap to acomplish all that.

Well the thing is, AP working the way they do actually is making it faster for noobs than ever before. I mean if they are picking up even the cheap refugee missions in the 1st or second ring they can easily spend a few of their free AP to cut the time to go around collecting them and then come back to Sol down pretty drastically without having to spend a bunch of money upgrading their engines and paying for a ton of fuel. On the other hand if they are in a corp as many new players do join a corp before long they can already get decent engines and maybe some fuel or even a corp ship to use to make a bunch of money. Those people can save up those AP and use it solely to convert into QP. As SirEmi said the full amount of free QP you could get just from AP alone is 36 over the course of one month (30 days). That is enough to not only buy VIP for 25 days but also an Officier for 15 days. Now if you consider the amount of QP you can get from voting every day (and I mean from the individual votes not the grand prize that most of us will never win) it isn't too hard to see people being able to afford VIP whenever they want it as well as one or even two officiers at least half of the time if not most of the time.

I mean hell when I joined TGE I got a corp ship that can get me enough solars from a single COM to buy VIP status at the current prices after just a week. Granted not all corps have the kind of assets that TGE does (not to mention I've know Jam for awhile so he knew I wouldn't do stupid things with it) but corps are getting stronger and bigger every single day so in the future I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with all the majorly active corps.

If you want to have perma VIP status you can get that with just the AP you get every day if you save them up, you can even have an Officier half of the time. If you want perma VIP and all of the Officiers then yes you are going to have to pay a premium but honestly you don't really need most of them. I mean starting out the Science Officier is kinda pointless since it's a percentage boost that gets better the more base RP/Hour you have. The Manufacturing Officier is similar though not completely pointless since you are really just trying to make money in order to make something better and you aren't dealing with 100 hour + manufacturing timers. Again the Combat Officier gives you a percentage boost much like the Science Officier so at low powers it's really not all that worth it.

So if you are smart and realize that early on all you really want is VIP and the Nav and Engine Officiers this free AP goes a long way to having those at all times. As things stand noobs will still be progressing much faster than any of us did in the old days with AP essentially giving them more free QP's than we ever got.

Going from 1 mil to 1.5 or 2 mil isn't that drastic of a price increase as well. Once people get into the 3rd and 4th rings they can make that just by picking up 5-10 refugee missions and bringing them back to Earth, with two or three ships doing laps out there you can rake in enough money for any number of QP you want depending on how much support you get from a corp and how much time you have to play. Don't get me wrong it is significantly more over the course of buying those things for several months but I think that SirEmi is entitled to do what he wants with the game. This is just a compromise between what the players in general want and what SirEmi wanted to originally do.

Personally speaking I don't want it to be more expensive, I gotta pay for extra Officiers since I'm actually at a point where the Manufacturing Officier is pretty much vital and the Combat Officier is pretty darn helpful. However it's really not that much effort as it is considering I will basically be getting VIP and an Officier for free from those AP I get every day. It seems like it right now since we haven't had time to build up a stock of AP but I imagine that once we've had the AP mechanic in the game for a month or two quite a few people will feel the same way.

Anyways it was just a thought for SirEmi to think about, I'm sure we will see if it is or isn't a good idea in time.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 08:20:20 AM »

Wow the AP is really making me feel like I'm cheating ...  Opps

I can do over 10 SOS missions in 10 minutes.   12

Then there are those who bought the Wormhole Shifter and do 20 in 10 minutes without speeding up 16
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »

Yeah. But I think those consume much more fuel.

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »

the Wormhole shifterl allows a -80% for nav comp and -80% fuel consumption, so actually has a better cost/profit ratio.
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2015, 11:55:35 AM »

ok, maybe we are wrong with this update, maybe we don't need VIP and officers when we have AP  21

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2015, 12:16:44 PM »

The pirates are arming up  wow  gun_bandana

dazz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2015, 12:22:54 PM »

ok what's this wormhole shifter and how do i get one?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: