Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:38:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Combat mission improvements & balancing  (Read 17986 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »

+ Ships you meet in combat mission encounters are more competitive, They can install illegal modules and ship optimizations.
    * More dangerous missions over the 1 million power mark can have specialized combat fighters.

+ Pirate Hijacker mission reward multiplier has been reduced to 100% of enemy power instead of 200%, to make it in line with the other missions.

+ Combat mission ships are still vulnerable to Death Ray, but not as vulnerable as before.
    * For high level missions you'll also need higher level Death Ray modules to break the enemy defenses.

+ You can now use Action Points to complete ship / station scans, or wait for the timer.

New missions and features coming soon, now that we have the new system in place.

Godspeed commanders and have fun exploring space!

Report to moderator   Logged

Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »

So, now we have new cluster somewhere ?

Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »

could we please look into changing the scan read out?
Could we either see a list of the modules installed, so we could copy it for further reference.  

-or-

Could you make it so that once i have scanned a ship i can always see the modules/scan results?  leaving and coming back to the same ship wastes the hour I spent scanning it.

PS: I'm currently enjoying trying to figure out the new system.  Some of your ship combinations are very very powerful.  I dont want to say too powerful because that just admits defeat, but its a drastic increase in difficulty, not a minor one.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:35:05 PM by Merkaba » Report to moderator   Logged
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 03:55:20 PM »

My nest gave me nothing?

OVERLOAD IMMINENT!
Pirate station exploded in a ball of fire!
Target cargo bay was empty.

wasted 58 hours! 10
Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM »

Two people in my corp are saying the same thing.  the stations when destroyed are giving no loot.
anyone else having similar bug?

I havent done one myself to see if the loot was increased from the loot phase and thus it's just there.

Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 06:13:24 PM »

It's happen to me too, SirEmi is this a bug or nest will not give resources ....

Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 07:14:40 PM »

First new nest ..
i lose first attempt because pirate ships do insane dmg ..
1. ship with 2782903 power make 4751715 dmg
2. ship with 1799440 power make 3946907 dmg

botom line Defender with   10961431 power make about 13 700 000 dmg thats more then double dmg then until now

also taking dmg is not normal 1 ship with 1316350 power take 4505146 dmg
station with 450 000 power take 1093493 dmg
*ps all ships have safety override modules
total reward is about 13 mil ..

lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 07:30:43 PM »

emi I'm sorry but the change to coms is terrible... just did a hijack at 3.5m only reward.. failed twice.. The top 3 ships were 700k power and I used 2.2 million attack and did not even make them flee. it seems I need to do 100% damage to every ship? Why on earth lower the reward by 100% and increase the difficulty by what seems to be 10x of what it was before...
Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 07:36:52 PM »

yeah we are going to have to study the game and how the ships are set up.

I've done a couple 3m reward looters. (around 8.5-9.0 m defender power)

one battle needed lots of shields to survive, another battle needed lots of damage to win.  

so it's not every ship is the same any more and that is good imo.
the battles are varied and more difficult now.  but they can be done.  

Scanning has now become important.!! this is great IMO. 
No longer can i just pop into orbit, activate the com and press a button to win because I know how it is.
I now need to look at all the ships and see the make up, do some scans, and decide how i want to beat the battle.

this will force people to learn more about the game.

**I'm not saying I 100% like it or there isn't some room for adjustment but its not the end of the world

thanks for the update and hope you are open to constructive proposals SirEmi 13  

Also I'd advice dropping down and collecting lower level payouts to relearn the system.
it's shocking how much of a difference the EMJO's and various optimizations make.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:44:59 PM by Merkaba » Report to moderator   Logged
Other_Bartel
Private First Class

Jazz Hands

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »

Looks like SOS missions became a lot better income source

Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »

yes but 11 death rays hit and didn't take down 1 ship (in second experiment nest)
so for what to use them , to make fire in cold nights ..

Merkaba
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 07:49:45 PM »

yeah the death rays do little damage.  and with the EMJO's and now all the ships having some MAU's, they have more manpower.

The days of mk1 Death Rays taking out ships is over.  this too is good imo.  they were too powerful.
but a mk10 DeathRay would hit for more, but as you know they are hard to find and take alot of effort.
I'm not if using 10 death rays to make 1 mk10 is worth it.

Perhaps after time Emi will relook at the deathrays and increase their damage a little?  or allow for mk2 death ray to = 2 mk1 dmg instead of 1.25 mk1

if you had scanned the ship you might have seen that the ship had more than 100k manpower and since a death ray does 1-11k at mk1 it was going to take alot of them.

the emjo listed protection of 70% at mk53 is 70 + the 25% of the ship normally.  so you must kill 95% of the crew.

** sir emi this in effect reduces the amount of POW by 94%.  perhaps you can look into that ?  ***
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:51:32 PM by Merkaba » Report to moderator   Logged
Viracocha
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »

my proposition is to leave pirates as they was before and just turn of possibility to speed up pirates with AP or make that 1 AP speed up pirate mission for 10 min ...

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »

my proposition is to leave pirates as they was before and just turn of possibility to speed up pirates with AP or make that 1 AP speed up pirate mission for 10 min ...

This update was in the making for some time, because combat needs to be interesting as well as challenging.

As pointed out above, you need to study the enemy fleet before attack and make a strategy, it should be easy once you get the hang of it.
I would suggest a mothership with a few fighters / specialized ships, and try to pair the interceptors against enemy damage dealers and bombers against enemy tankers.

Looking into counting all ships in the mothership hangar when taking the mission, to boost the mission power.

Good suggestion to keep the scan data if scan was completed on a particular ship, will make it so.

Also working on adding some more information in combat analysis, maybe a few icons to see what each ship type is, combat fighter, tanker, damage dealer so you don't get a surprise if you run into a bomber squadron  1

Aside from that, all professions need to have something, and so mining and trading is less risky and moderately profitable, while combat should be challenging, riskier and more profitable.

I've checked the Pirate looter stations and there is always loot in the cargo bay, but if you choose to destroy the station with "Capture / Destroy" attack, there is a chance that all the loot will blow up with the station, so then it will say the cargo bay is empty because it was destroyed. However the real reward of the looter mission is the "Safety Override Mk ???" module you occasionally find, witch is worth a lot, kind of like a treasure hunt. More missions like that will be introduced soon, where the boss will have a really nice module or nothing.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:09:19 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »

so, now we need a fleet carries too.  laugh now is the best time to build hang bay  17
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: