Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 04:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Instant complete opposition scan report  (Read 7448 times)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:31:36 AM »

Sun Tzu taught us:

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

In the new combat system, it's important to know your enemy in great detail. I speed up active scans with AP, the $500 K it costs against the average # of opponents I can take on, is worth it IMO. But having to start the same p*ss annoying process over and over again for 8-10 ships/stations, IS irritating. Would it be possible to insert a button that allows you to buy a full report on ALL ships, and just pay 1 AP per unit in one go?
Ideally, the result of your scans, whether done as a complete report in one go, or ship by ship, would be visible on the battlefield screen (where the timer runs). At least add ship class, optimisations and attack/shield/armour/manpower/combat speed data to it please.
Report to moderator   Logged
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »

Even more important, IMO is the fact that the data learned from scanning is not kept. once you scan the ship, you must immediately record it on paper because once you leave the screen all the information disappears.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:46:04 AM »

I don't scan my COMs but a scan log and "Scan All Ships" option would be nice. 1
Vipervenone
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 11:55:17 PM »

I would like to offer you this great topic, I like it.

Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 03:14:14 AM »

I agree. It's something i've wanted for a while. I just came back the other day to see what has changed if anything. It's sad to see not much has changed. The UI (user interface) in this game is so bad. And I don't even necessarily mean what it looks like or whether it's easy to click things. It's the number of clicks to do things that's terrible. It's like everything was made independently and jumbled together, instead of it being looked at as a whole and pieced together that way. I appreciate the effort SirEmi has placed into it, as I'm unsure I'm underestimating it. I mean no disrespect. However the number of clicks to do things can't be ignored. It's a common complaint. It's really really not good to leave alonel.

Just for example, among the many possible examples, is when I'm getting together some minerals/gases for a journey into the stars. Usualy i need some for upgrades while i'm out there. Typically i have ot open a separate window and figure out how many i need for a partciular item (like advanced mining facility). I might need 500 or 1000 or more MK. Right now i have a spreadsheet i open up and it shows me how mcuh cargo i'll ned and how expensive it'll be. Then I go to the station and purchase the resources. Ultimately it's a lot of clicks. It doesn't have to be this way. It's so tiring and it's so sad to see nothing has been done about the myriad of things that need to be looked over.

Therer'e better MMO's out there. Just today I was asking msyelf why am I coming back with no progress since i left.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 03:41:58 AM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
SteveCrab
Private

Taking the A out of AI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 11:52:37 AM »

Hey Antilak

You are clearly an experienced player.

I agree with your complaints.

But look at the positives. The complexity of the game is satisfying and when you work out a routine (like your spreadsheet) you can become very productive.

The game mechanics are well balanced - modified and adjusted over many years.

The new version of the game,Orion, is underway.

If you are a coder contact me.

Else - wait and see the new feature list because it is substantial.

AG drags you back because of what you learned and did, There is a nice future emerging!

Cheers

Dr Noonian Soong

AG Mining Deposit list - http://orion.cbhp.com.au/deposit.php - access open to all

Dr Noonian Soong is currently considering all membership applications.
Scripting assistance and code provided.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: