Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 02:38:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Done  (Read 9247 times)
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2015, 07:35:51 PM »

Ok, here it is, the moment I'm sure everyone was waiting for.

Please Sir Emi, make this game fun to play. I can't stand it anymore. These harder COM missions are worthless if I can't earn enough money to make ships that stand a chance against them. This game has gotten boring for me, the only reason I login anymore is for my people and even they are starting to drop like flies. If you can't keep players like me or Mythiclord interested than you have no chance at attracting and maintaining a young and/or casual potential player base.

So do something, bring COM mission rewards back up, overhaul mining RIGHT NOW, or make a d**n update that brings excitement to the game. It was fun when I could make progress and have fun with the friends I made, but now it's like a ghost-town and I can't do anything except for watch my tech levels skyrocket while I scrape enough money together to barely afford officers.

Maybe you don't care what I have to say. I am one player after all. Only been here a little over a year and if I leave who cares. But I'm leaving soon and I won't be the last.
Report to moderator   Logged

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 01:25:42 PM »

I'm sorry but you need to adapt to the new combat missions. NPC ships do not have tactical maneuvers and officer bonuses, so you have the advantage.

Use specialized designs. I see new boarding ships with optional power armor marines are working quite nicely.

There will be new content updates very soon.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:28:51 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:43:26 PM »

I definitely agree with bringing more excitement to the game. The most recent update was really unnecessary at this point. It looks better now, yes, but NO ONE ever complained of how the main page looked like. Improving gameplay would've been a whole lot better.

SirEmi, can you introduce something that veterans want? The recent updates seem to aim at newer players (like APs, GUI improvements), but supernovas, something older players have been looking forward to for a looong time, is sadly delayed over and over again. How about the module market? Corporation stations? There are numerous suggestions in the forum that are really easy to program, but are not done or even entertained. Like what Rostin said, once older players start leaving, existing newbies and mid level players will also leave. I don't know with SPQNR, but most SSS members still log in everyday, but if ever I quit, the majority will follow me.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »

Hopefully very soon indeed.  1
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:56:54 PM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:39:50 AM »

I may also quit the game, I had been logging in many times a day before but since the update I check once every 3-4 days and sometimes once per week. Since the last update I have not started any new missions!!!! Like I said before, SirEmi, you are free to do what you want with your game but you have not added anything new for us to do. I have been playing for a very long time and I am not interested in UI updates.
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 05:54:56 AM »

This is the 3rd game of yours I have played Sir E, and since that last update, I am thinking you have screwed up another one. Do you have any others to try before you nerf them?

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
CarolusRex
Private

Hodie mihi, cras tibi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 06:22:35 AM »

I'm sorry but you need to adapt to the new combat missions. NPC ships do not have tactical maneuvers and officer bonuses, so you have the advantage.

Use specialized designs. I see new boarding ships with optional power armor marines are working quite nicely.

Right. Thanks, Sir Emi, but I think that post just sealed the deal for me. I will quit this game when I run out of my current QP, unless you manage to redo some of the useless updates of late before I do. And by useless updates, I do not mean the utterly pointless UI update (which, btw, work really poorly in mobile devices)...

I know, you (or anyone else) probably don't care if I leave, but there it is. You screw the game up too much, and players WILL leave.

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 10:16:36 AM »

The game seems to be falling apart. This is my latest combat:

RATTLESNAKE Vs. Hijacked ship
Weapons assault
RATTLESNAKE maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
RATTLESNAKE attacks with Railgun Battery MK XLV using standard mode.
Target dodged the incoming attack!
Objective: Make the ship named Hijacked ship enter emergency jump.

Attacker victory!

How can I win a victory for 'jumping' a ship when it dodged the only attack?
SpaceShip
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »

I definitely agree with bringing more excitement to the game. The most recent update was really unnecessary at this point. It looks better now, yes, but NO ONE ever complained of how the main page looked like. Improving gameplay would've been a whole lot better.

SirEmi, can you introduce something that veterans want? The recent updates seem to aim at newer players (like APs, GUI improvements), but supernovas, something older players have been looking forward to for a looong time, is sadly delayed over and over again. How about the module market? Corporation stations? There are numerous suggestions in the forum that are really easy to program, but are not done or even entertained. Like what Rostin said, once older players start leaving, existing newbies and mid level players will also leave. I don't know with SPQNR, but most SSS members still log in everyday, but if ever I quit, the majority will follow me.

No, for new player is COM down, is take a loooooog time before a new player can do a 15.000$ COM, so now it is even harder on new player to get in to the game...

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 12:45:51 PM »

New players aren't supposed to do COMs, even before the latest COM update. Focus on SOS' escape pods instead. With APs speeding up jumps, money should be easier. 1
CarolusRex
Private

Hodie mihi, cras tibi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 05:50:25 PM »

New players aren't supposed to do COMs, even before the latest COM update. Focus on SOS' escape pods instead. With APs speeding up jumps, money should be easier. 1

Not supposed to do COMs? Really? Must've missed that PM.

Other_Bartel
Private First Class

Jazz Hands

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »

I am not finding a problem with combat, and I don't think it's any less exciting.

JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 11:33:33 PM »

I'm sorry but you need to adapt...
 ...NPC ships do not have tactical maneuvers and officer bonuses, so you have the advantage.

Ok, so first off, we have to invest in new designs and rework everything- which for players like me is bad enough but especially for players with 250mil ship power etc. that's a lot of modules to re-arrange etc.

Secondly I find this funny:
"NPC ships do not have tactical maneuvers and officer bonuses, so you have the advantage."

Some of us won't have officer bonuses either if payouts are so low that it takes a day or two for one com ship to buy just 1QP when it used to buy 5 or whatever we were accustomed to.

And this is like MMO suicide:
"I'm sorry but you need to adapt."

I've noticed my players become less active since the last combat update. If players are less active or leaving and you are going to blame them then you will be the only one playing. If other companies had that attitude about their foods and products they'd never have commercials saying how great they are. Sony would have commercials saying "The PlayStation 4 doesn't suck no matter what everyone that owns one says or how many of them trades it in for an X-Box.".  That doesn't exactly draw in or retain players.

If the combat rewards were put back like they were I'd like it much more. I don't know about the other players as some may have other complaints but I would be fine with most of the other changes if the com rewards were restored. It would still be harder to win coms without re-designing our ships but at least maybe we could afford it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:55:18 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »

Why nerf the combat system, tell us to change our ship setups, and promise great improvements and new content, only to release a shiny log in screen? Surely if you are going to radically alter the gameplay, you would get the updates sorted out rather than driving away people who used to find this game worthwhile spending time on.

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

And you haven't fixed marine rotation/fatigue or pirate planetary forces. So your talk of strategy means nothing to me

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: