Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:32:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My New Stance On Piracy  (Read 12042 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 09:12:08 PM »

That's rather hypocritical. A known pirate and leader of a corporation that permits piracy is now going to start attacking other non-allied pirates.

I don't encourage or discourage it.you do not forbid it either.

Your corporate stance says:
"Current Stance
As it stands now, our main focus is on our Navy and creating more COM ships. We are peaceful for the most part. I don't prohibit pirating or mining. But I don't encourage doing either of those things. As it stands now we have a NAP with both EoS and ITO. We are also unfortunately at war with IMG again. Though not much as really happened in it. Most of my people are just going about our own business of doing COMs and working to grow stronger rather then worrying about finding IMG bases. As always we are recruiting and looking to help out other players and corps who need help."

But none of us have really engaged in piracy in a long time.a 'retired' pirate is still a pirate  So competition has nothing to do with it. then why are you going on this vigilantish behavior?  It is more of a way to help with boredom IF YOU ARE BORED, GO BAKE A CAKE! Boredom is not reason enough to attack those weaker than you and maybe help out miners who are getting hassled by these guys. which miners have been complaining to you?.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:14:35 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19:34 PM »

Reformed pirates are not a target.  I am just going after people who are currently a pirate.  Which means being in a pirating corp1 or I have confirmed info showing they have been hitting people recently.   This is mostly being done because I am bored and i need something to do. Unlike IMG, I harbor no real ill feelings towards these people who are pirating.  Just a way to pass the time.  

Do not try to rise above IMG by saying you have no ill feelings toward those you attack. Attacking them fulfills the requirement of 'ill feelings'.

Find yourself something else to do 'Pirate' besides attack other non-allied pirates.

1 YOU ARE IN A PIRATING CORPORATION!

Do not use that as an excuse for attacking weaker players.

WHO (out there) ASKED YOU FOR HELP?

ATTACKING THE WEAK IS NOT A PROPER CURE FOR BOREDOM!

If you really need something to attack so you can 'pass the time', try more senior players.  You seem to like to attack my fueling stations, one is at Mercury and two others are in the new cluster.  If you want to try one of them, let me know and I will give you the coordinates. You see, we are getting kinda bored also but we are not Jingoistic.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:53:38 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Other_Bartel
Private First Class

Jazz Hands

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:34 PM »

I used to be part of TGE and I don't think of it as a Pirating Corp.
I also don't think of Jam as a pirate or a bad person for being a pirate at one time.
Just sayin
Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 11:28:57 PM »

I used to be part of TGE and I don't think of it as a Pirating CorpI also was a member and it was then and still is now a pirate friendly organization (as long as you were one of our pirates).
I also don't think of Jam as a pirate or a bad person for being a pirate at one timeJam was/is a pirate (bloody 'ell, so was I) but he's not a 'bad' person.
Just sayin
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:33:21 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
kvala
Private

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33:59 AM »

kvala: if you fancy some friendly PvP (you know, without the ill feelings and on a bilateral agreement basis), there are a few SPQNR players who'd take you up on that one 1

Thanks, Raptor, for your kind offer laugh
But I'm not interested for the moment. The reason is I'm not so active.
However, I think it might be an interesting topic > a combat chalenge in a certain conditions. A tournament or something similar. And bets, of course laugh
kvala
Private

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 10:39:32 AM »

kvala your a member of my corp so naturally your exempt. As is any corp we currently have a NAP with.  But I think we should leave our pirating days behind us. Besides like you said it is kinda boring lol

Good to know that, Jam 1
But I don't intend to pirate, I don't see the use. It was just a hypothetical scenario like "what if".
Anyway, as I said to Raptor: I think a tournament combat could be something interesting.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »

I've always encouraged isolated, consensual, and regulated PVP competitions. No one ever take me up on my offer... 10

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 05:35:33 AM »

For me this is just something to do. I am not trying to rise above IMG.  Dadds and the early members of IMG went after pirates because they had a lot of issues with pirates earlier on hitting them.  It kinda made them mad.  Then they fell into the mess that lead to our war with them back when we were PMI.  That of course was over an issue over one of their people that joined them that had actually declared war on us. I had hit him. Then I guess some others had hit him. He thought we were out to get him. I tried to talk reason into the guy but he didn't listen. So he declared war.  When IMG tried to protect him we tried to reason with them but it lead to arguing and eventually war. Sad thing is it could have been avoided if the guy had just retracted his war declaration on us and maybe apologized.  I know I didn't need to go into a history lesson but some of the newer players might not have known the story.   

The thing is our corp has changed a lot since those days. We have moved away from pirating and for the most part mining.  Instead we focus on our fleet's navy strength more then anything.  I don't prohibit mining or pirating.  But I don't encourage it.  Most don't see much of a reason to want to pirate and a lot of our miners have turned away from it as it isn't as profitable for them. Even Bob one of our people who loved to mine, has more or less stopped.  I don't see a point in just picking pointless fights with people in other corps. Not even over boredom. But perhaps we can help out some by helping to try to protect some of the miners out there.  I got nothing against these pirates.  Like in my early days, their just trying to have fun.  Also I am not hunting them down in one of my more powerful ships.  Instead I have designed a smaller ship for that purpose.  Ok it is pretty strong compared to some of them. I wanted to make sure it could handle a lot.  But in most encounters it is going to be powered down a lot to give them a bit of a sporting chance.  You guys can look down on me if you want. But this is just my way of giving back to the community and trying to have a little fun.  Odds are these pirates won't even get too mad over this.  Hell as a former pirate I can tell you that they expect this sort of thing anyways.  Unlike IMG of old, I am not hunting them down out of spite or hatred.  It will take luck to even find them anyways. Now that they have seen this they might be more careful about leaving ships out in the open.  So I have already helped them improve their playing style.  Now if I was out to pick on the weak like some of you accuse me of,  I would be going after anyone smaller then me.  I am not doing this.  On my last trip through Sol I saw quite a few people I could hit. Not just your people. I saw many Sol corp people.  I didn't hit them even though I could have.   
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: