Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 01:43:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hi & help!!!  (Read 9093 times)
celtictiger
Private

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »

Hello everybody. Started this game yesterday but am stuck in the academy. I killed the training drone and gave the repair order for the armor but now I can't do the next step. I can't go back to Earth because of a cargo bay integrity overload. But there are no more cargo bays to install. What did I do wrong? Should I restart the course?

And is this game any interesting for a space mining gamer like myself?
Report to moderator   Logged
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:20:11 PM »

To make a FTL jump you have to get rid of the cargo bay overload by reducing the cargo to be no more than the total capacity. I recommend doing so in this order:

1. Convert to fuel ALL Iron-nickel, Nickel, Iron, Nitrogen, Helium and Hydrogen to fuel. it takes more than 1-M3 of these materials to make each M3 of fuel.

2. If you still have too much cargo, eject just enough fuel to get rid of the imbalance: example, Cargo bay capacity 347/300 m3, eject 47 m3 fuel which makes it Cargo bay capacity 300/300 m3 CAUTION: make sure you keep at least enough fuel to get back to earth.

3. If the imbalance exists after ejecting most of your fuel, you will have to start ejecting other materials. I recommend ejecting the least valuable first.

As far as mining is concerned, I recommend moving away from SOL to do your mining, there will be less competition. Another suggestion is to join a corporation with other miners where you can get advice from them.

Have fun in the game. I enjoy the game, want it to grow, and enjoy helping others, so if you have any other questions you can send me a private message (PM) at darrellK

celtictiger
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 11:57:10 PM »

Thank you :-)

I had to dump a cargo bay module to make space. This engine reward actually gave me more cargo than should be possible. Is this a bug?
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:11:57 AM »

Welcome, our corp leader sargas is an expert on mining. Good luck in the game.
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 04:50:27 AM »

Hi celtictiger,

Good to see new captains once in a while. Gives me assurance that the game isn't dying.

By the way, mining is actually a very decent job, as there is little warfare nowadays, economy-based jobs seems to be most interesting. You know, mining, SOS missions, COM missions...

By the way, it's always good to join a corp one day ... free modules to help you skip the first boring six months of transport missions, help from great players, and you can make a bunch of friends as well, not to mention the fact that the 'SOL' corp tag kinda flags you as a potential target for those pirates that roam the galaxy ...

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
celtictiger
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »

Managed to graduate at last. A mining career beckons. Matamaure001, how do I contact your corp leader?
celtictiger
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 01:48:01 PM »

I only see the option to send a join request. Not to talk to the leader.
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 03:22:56 PM »

Celtictiger, if you go to the "message" menu, you can click "send message" to PM (private message) anyone you'd like. Typing the name "Sargas" in the "Name or ID" field will allow you to talk directly to the leader of Matamaure001's corp.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 03:56:27 PM »

Thx RegnadKcin
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 04:16:34 PM »

My friends call me Nick. (And it's easier to type!) 1
celtictiger
Private

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

Thank you "Nick"!
Found it and sent a msg to sargas.
JimGalaxy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 08:56:12 PM »

Well met, celtictiger! (I'm a USA sports fan; NBA Celtics; NCAA football Clemson Tigers; so although it's likely unrelated: 3 cheers for your nick, also lol)

Mining was my passion for my first 2 to 3 months in the game. It's awesome, in its own way. I have more than 500 units still out in the field, and I dutifully tracked them all in an Excel for that time period. I still grab the high-end ores and gases on a fairly regular basis.

I've moved on to primarily combat missions, with invaluable initial help from sargas and EoS, and am still steadily building from there. Still having a blast. :-)

Welcome to the game!
- Jim
celtictiger
Private

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »

Thanks Jim, the pleasure's all mine!
The nick is indeed unrelated to the two world famous teams you support ;)  celtictiger simply refers to the period in the 1990s and early 2000s my country went through when I was growing up.

Speaking of growing up: you managed to get 500 mining units in 2 months?! I'm a week into this game and stuck on 4! It sometimes feels it probably takes 2 months just to fly back to Earth 10
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »

It sometimes feels it probably takes 2 months just to fly back to Earth 10

Once you've joined a corporation, you may find that you will be given a couple of "starter modules"... A decent wormhole generator and FTL at least... to help you get started. From there, you should be able to run a few SOS missions to get enough Solars to buy those miners!
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 04:15:14 AM »

I'm a week into this game and stuck on 4! It sometimes feels it probably takes 2 months just to fly back to Earth 10

If you use multiple engines you can make solars faster. For example, with 5 engines, you can make 5 trips in the same time. Although you will use more fuel, and thus less net profit per trip, the fact that you are making 5 times the number of trips means that you still make more profit per hour.  

For those recently graduated, the best moneymaker is the interplanetary builtin board missions (some refer to it as taxi service) During this phase, I recommend the following: If you have at least 1,200-1500 cargo bay space you can carry all 4 missions, dropping them off in sequence and make 4 times the money per trip.(15-CAB-I, 5-CAB-X) A few days at taxi service and you will have lots of money to invest in miners.

research Specialized miners and harvesters. They only harvest the less valuble materials (less than $100/M3 purchase price) which they are ideal for.

If you get away from sector zero zero, the mining is usually better. You will do less traveling in the long run if you can find a system with few MIF's or ATH's, and put lots of your miners there. Since you can harvest gas (70%+) faster than mine minerals, (40%+) add a few MK to your miners (MIF-3-4) so they all fill at the same time. (every 4-5 days)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:26:58 AM by dkuhnkc » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: