Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:38:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 13078 times)
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

May the Dark Side of the Force Be With You

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2015, 03:33:59 AM »

What is up everyone?  12

A friend of mine (I won't reveal who) brought me to this game. We met on another game and he shared this game to me. So far it seems pretty interesting, huh. It feels really open-world, half-sandbox. Sort of.

Anyway I might be looking to join a corporation who can give me stacks of powerful cannons to hit em enemies who come my way. It seems you've had some trouble with some thieves lately, so I guess I'll just ask for the maximum I can get.  laugh
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 04:04:55 AM »

Greetings

Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 04:24:45 AM »

A friend of mine (I won't reveal who) brought me to this game.

Always two there are. A master, and an apprentice. But who is the master?
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 08:20:03 AM »

Hmm ... I'll give you a hint. Darth Plagueis is dead. *cackles evilly*

By the way, I got into a bit of a tight spot earlier. Apparently an Iridium Armor Plates I sold ... didn't know it was needed for a drone-exterminating exercise ... anyway, recruited a thousand Marines (or Stormtroopers, as I like to call them) and destroyed that drone for good.  12

These people better stop messing with a Sith Lord.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:24:28 AM by Palpatine » Report to moderator   Logged

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 08:30:11 AM »

Aww now I have to repair the "armor"

Sometimes I wish I could zap that SEA instructor with a few forks of Sith lightning.  laugh

(edit: Someone better give me some armour ... titanium armour plates or whatever. Just something to repair. )
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:35:00 AM by Palpatine » Report to moderator   Logged

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »

Never mind, restarted the d**n thing. That's why The Republic fell. Always so by-the-book.

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 01:32:56 PM »

Three suggestions for going through the acadamy.
1. most of the time, don't do more than the acadamy asks you to, for example if it says (IIRC, it was a year ago) get 200 marines, get 200, don't get 1,000
2. Alpha centauri  usually has few open slots for surface miners, but lots of room for atmospheric harvesters. When it is time to go intersteller either pick a system other than alpha Centauri or sell your MIF and buy an ATH.
3. don't deliver your iridium armor from repair until after you graduate the SEA course. You won't need the armor after the combat training while still part of the SEA acadamy.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 04:25:44 PM »

What is up everyone?  12

A friend of mine (I won't reveal who) brought me to this game. We met on another game and he shared this game to me. So far it seems pretty interesting, huh. It feels really open-world, half-sandbox. Sort of.

Anyway I might be looking to join a corporation who can give me stacks of powerful cannons to hit em enemies who come my way. It seems you've had some trouble with some thieves lately, so I guess I'll just ask for the maximum I can get.  laugh

with these criteria, you might want to join one of the more 'pirate oriented' corporations like OX, PvP, PMI, PKRL, or whatever else is out there.
Anyway, good luck to you, sith-lordling.
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 07:17:54 PM »

1. most of the time, don't do more than the acadamy asks you to, for example if it says (IIRC, it was a year ago) get 200 marines, get 200, don't get 1,000
2. Alpha centauri  usually has few open slots for surface miners, but lots of room for atmospheric harvesters. When it is time to go intersteller either pick a system other than alpha Centauri or sell your MIF and buy an ATH.
3. don't deliver your iridium armor from repair until after you graduate the SEA course. You won't need the armor after the combat training while still part of the SEA acadamy.

Alright.  16

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 07:18:20 PM »

What is up everyone?  12

with these criteria, you might want to join one of the more 'pirate oriented' corporations like OX, PvP, PMI, PKRL, or whatever else is out there.
Anyway, good luck to you, sith-lordling.

Come on, they're all inactives.

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »

Well hello, Palpatine. He was known to be a man full of cunning and deceit in the Star Wars series which I absolutely loved, so you guys out there better be careful  16 We don't want another Emo around.

And of course if you need any advice (I won't provide material aid) I'll try my best to help out.

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 11:10:59 PM »

Alright.  16

Astro-galaxy is an exploration and economic game, not a game focused on combat. There is actually much better and faster ways to become successful than by attacking other players. About once a month someone starts playing a player vs player game. Most either quit the game or switch to other forms of play within a couple of months. (1) If you like combat AG does provide an in-game money making attack against computer generated pirates. These are the COM signals scattered around space.

I did create a game guide for players that don't join another corporation, anyone can see it at http://jmf-corp.freeforums.net/board/3/game-hints. If you do join another corporation the help that the corporation will give you will modify some of that.

I too will give any newer players free advice via private message. My current game name is darrellk.

(1) In the last year, the only player pirate I am aware of that has lasted more than 3 months as a pirate is morgan. In the last 3 months I have about doubled my power, (100%) morgan has increased his power by about 25% at 6 months in the game he is at about 1.5M power, at 6 months I was about 30M-40M power. (IIRC)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:16:10 PM by dkuhnkc » Report to moderator   Logged
Madden
Sergeant

Pro.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 04:05:02 AM »

Alright.  16

Astro-galaxy is an exploration and economic game, not a game focused on combat. There is actually much better and faster ways to become successful than by attacking other players. About once a month someone starts playing a player vs player game. Most either quit the game or switch to other forms of play within a couple of months. (1) If you like combat AG does provide an in-game money making attack against computer generated pirates. These are the COM signals scattered around space.

I did create a game guide for players that don't join another corporation, anyone can see it at http://jmf-corp.freeforums.net/board/3/game-hints. If you do join another corporation the help that the corporation will give you will modify some of that.

I too will give any newer players free advice via private message. My current game name is darrellk.

(1) In the last year, the only player pirate I am aware of that has lasted more than 3 months as a pirate is morgan. In the last 3 months I have about doubled my power, (100%) morgan has increased his power by about 25% at 6 months in the game he is at about 1.5M power, at 6 months I was about 30M-40M power. (IIRC)

I can testify to that.  14

IGN: Lord Admiral Kurdock
Palpatine
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 04:18:08 AM »

According to the Sith beliefs, avoidance of conflict - like the pacifist teachings of the Jedi - results in stagnation and decline. We believe that conflict is the only true test of one's ability, and thus its importance is greatly emphasised. It is our belief that conflict challenges both individuals and civilizations, and so forced them to grow and evolve.

Or to make them relate more to you, think about it. Why are Caucasians so much more taller and stronger than those from the third-world places? Because back in their history, they had many wars, and the weak ones were flushed out, leaving only the strong ones to pass their genes on to the next generations. The Africans were forced to work as slaves, and the weak ones died out, leaving only the strongest ones to pass their genes on to the next generations. Which is why many black people are muscular (Usain Bolt, for example) and strong. It's their genes.

And take a look at ... maybe Malaysia? They're apparently famous for being a slightly lazy bunch of people  laugh Why? Because they never really fought many wars. Their natives coexisted harmoniously for thousands of years, and of course with the lack of war, the weak ones continue to flourish.

Sorry if this insulted anyone. Had to role-play this Sith Lord a bit.  laugh

The Force shall free me.

- Code of the Sith
Raptor
Sergeant First Class