Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:28:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Grab&Drag Addon for Firefox  (Read 2637 times)
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2015, 03:27:31 PM »

NOTE: I think some people have said this doesn't work well in Firefox 42. I don't know if this is true. I use firefox 41.

Anyone else use a lower resolution and have to scroll a lot? If you use Mozilla, install this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/grab-and-drag/

You can change the settings if you don't like the default. This is what I'm doing:
1) Click on preferences and go to the "General" tab
2) Make sure it's the middle or right mouse button to click and drag
3) Make sure "Disable grabbing on links" isn't checked
4) Make sure "TextToggle Enabled" isn't checked
5) Click on the "More Options" tab
6) Increase the drag multipler to 2 (many raise this even higher)
7) Change Mouse cursor to default cursor instead of open hand
8) Click on the "Momentum" tab
9) Move all of the sliders to about 10% to 15%
10) Click on Ok and you're finished

This will enable you to click&hold on the web page and scroll. It's tremendously useful almost anywhere with or w/o a mouse. Lots of pages are big vertically and this makes navigating easier. Here, on the star map for example, you just click&hold to scroll. You don't need to use the scroll bars in the browser. You can still click on any links or buttons.

This also enables you to scroll images the same way. I use it for very large images. I'm surprised so many programs I use, while they might have clicking and dragging for scrolling, they usually don't have any momentum feature, making it nearly useless.

With the mouse wheel occasionally being used this makes scrolling a breeze.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:07:23 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: