Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 10:17:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nova speed is to fast...  (Read 3288 times)
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2015, 05:15:55 AM »

Hi Sir Emi

I think nova speed is too fast...
The game pace is normal slow, but now the game have Nova with turbo on..

1. Mining...
Normally mining a big deposit with station takes time, but now you don't have time cause of nova..
So you need to stabilize the system.
A stabilizer cost $$ 20 M, you need 17 SHI + ship  in alpha orbit.. that's $$ 340 M + ship (This ship has to stay to stabilize the system, so no income).
A big deposit is + 150000 m3 on a 4 slot planet @ 400 m3/6h, will take ~ 94 days to extract and be worth $$ 30M.
But the system goes nova before 94 days.. So you only portion of the deposit..

2. COM's
You gets COM's pointing to systems that is unstable (+500) or worse..
The COM's should only point to stable systems.. in this way should you have a chance to complete the mission, before the system goes nova..
Or the game should give you the mission reward, if you have a active mission in the system going nova.. You still handle the pirates but with a nova instead of weapons.  wow

I hope you make some changes to Nova...

NoBrain
Report to moderator   Logged

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi
StarGazer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 05:50:25 AM »

I agree.  While the star instability and nova changes are in general good and working well, it seems that it would be better if the pace of it all was reduced.  A suggestion would be to halve the rate of instability growth from what it is now, so that star lifetimes are at least double what they currently are.  Happy with the current proportionate difference in lifetime of dwarf vs coloured vs binary vs giant stars, but they could all last longer than they currently do.

And while we are talking of changes, there are a couple of minor needed reporting changes:
- upgrade the exploration reports.  So that when reviewing where your ship has been, the system report includes the star instability at the time of the visit.
- stations should be able to report the current star instability rating in their system.  Currently they cannot (to my knowledge), only a ship can in system view
dkuhnkc
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »

I thought nova's was a bad idea in a "realistic" space game when I first started. luckily I have played more than a year without them.

I have multiple systems that need to be stabilized I can't afford the equivalent of a years worth of both VIP and all officers to be able to affort the QP for all the stabilizers I would need. Nor can I dedicate multiple ships to carrying the infusers. (5 systems are critical)

I would prefer to have nova's turned off completely. Second choice make the star instability much slower. and by much slower make it only 5%-10% as fast (maximum -2.5 to -5 per day.)

And how about making infusers work on stations and planets, not just ships?

If a change is not made, I will not be playing astro galaxy a month from now.

How about putting systems outside the 4th ring. Those in the 5th ring would have COM missions only, no SOS. Those outside of the 5th ring are rich in high value minerals, bringing back mining profitability.
lisunken
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »

I are agree the speed way too fast for any profit for mining. either speed up the mining rate pick up by station or reduce the speed for nova.
on com, any system has been nova with com should remove at once with a message to the player notice said the com is ended because system nova.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: