Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:26:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bogeygolfer61  (Read 13305 times)
bogeygolfer61
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2016, 06:22:26 PM »

Name is Terry, I reside in Panama, retired from the US Navy... Had a couple of rough patches with this game, but I am getting through it I suppose, just also wanted to thank everyone who has been there to try and help my dumb a** from time to time wow wow

Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:12:06 PM »

be of welcome, Terry.
Other_Bartel
Private First Class

Jazz Hands

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »

Welcome to the game!

TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:02:44 PM »

Welcome 1
What are you into?
Now that you know the game better.
More like sos pods? Combat? Mining? Alien weapons?...

Duh!!
Choose peace!
bogeygolfer61
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »

Welcome 1
What are you into?
Now that you know the game better.
More like sos pods? Combat? Mining? Alien weapons?...

Well that is a good question, I have dabble a little in all of it... the most lucrative, and because I have the time is scoping out alien wrecks....Although, my goal is to make a MOD50 death ray....The refueling PODS piss me off to be honest, although I do enjoy rescuing and giving meds to ships...especially now that I have a scout ship that only takes a minute to go to PODS, so I am not wasting AP... Like mining too, although, I find it difficult to keep in ,y mind what is what and I need to make my mods a touch stronger to max out the 6 hour timer... The real challenge is simply building and upgrading all of your mods...Hope I answered your questions, Capn ESC01, speaks highly of you
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 03:52:56 PM »

That's cool. 1
Combat is still least manual clicks I find...that's why almost all my ships are doing combat. Passive income. But I do pick up SOS pods and most of my online time I spend finding new treasures and moving my stations. 1

Duh!!
Choose peace!
bogeygolfer61
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 12:26:14 PM »

never thought about moving my stations, I will keep that in mind, I am trying to set up a "permanent" base on Epsi Erdani, I have 2 Mod X stations... giving it a try...I guess my next goal is a titan and make a manufacturing ship...but that is a ways away.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »

Well... 15
If your station is attacked and blown up, then you lost everything. My stations have only one purpose, they defend my mining modules and the harvest. I have my SLBs on my ships, they are big and valuable modules, MD...MM. I don't risk to loose them, cause if my ship is attacked, I might loose the scientists, but not the modules. I advise you to have 4-5M power in your station if you want to be kinda safe...1. Careful, here are some hardcore pirates lurking out there.

BUT... If you fly Faaar away from sol, Morgan, and other strong pirate just won't find your little nest. I advise you to use distance as a defense...distance is relatively cheap, just fuel cost. 1

And your factory ship...here another tip...laugh...(typical teddy, can never shut up). Lol
A Titan is a very good factory!!! It has 12 manufacturing bays...
Those ManuBays have a value: ship license + Titan cost divided with 12.
Now, getting a Titan and upgrading it to a factory has a cost...easy to count: Titan factory enhancement X + Titan ship divided with 48!....

Count it out bro, is it cheaper for you to get 4 Titans, or one Titan factory X?
I'm not certain what the economic point was... 12...13 titans cheaper then a factory...long ago. 1

Enjoy, fly safe, buy cheap, sell very expensive. No mercy in the world of income and economics!  gunsmilie

Duh!!
Choose peace!
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 05:29:40 PM »

Ohh...btw, if you upgrade a ship enhancement mark after mark...meaning first you get mk1 and a week later mk2...then you will loose quite a bit. It works like this.
-You buy enhancement mk1...
- a week later you want to get enhancement 2
- the game sells enhancement 1 at 50% of buying price.
- after mk1 was sold, mk2 is bought.

Yep...another very silly thingy of AG laugh...but it's fact. So, best and effectively cheapest is...save the bucks first for mk10 and skip all the rest.

BUT! Lol, (always a but)...mk1 is not so bad. If you counted out how much the value of one of your Manubays currently has, then you might consider getting titans with factory mk1. That's 4 manufacturing bays more, so 16 instead of 12...pushing your Manubay value further towards the factory X manubay-value. If I was to put a chronological "spend least bucks for a Manubay"...then it would be:
- many Titans
- upgrade Titans to factories mk1
- upgrade one Titan after the other to factory X

Step by step. Do the math. 1
But then again, depends mainly on what you want to build. If you want to build standard cargo bays and standard shields, then you need factories, lots of them. But if you want to build advanced stuff, you might not even need a factory, cause it's so expensive to build those modules, and they build so fast, that you might just be fine with a few titans.
Peace 1

Duh!!
Choose peace!
Xioxx
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 01:08:15 AM »

Thats very helpful thanks. I guess I already wasted quite a bit.

Xioxx EOS
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 05:15:37 AM »

cheers ...not too late. (Late is when you got 20 Titan factories and you only got the cash to fill 1/4 of one them with laser-MMMM.) laugh

... if you sell your factory X enhancement later, you will get 15M back. Better 15 then non, especially if you know that you can't fill them in near future anyways. So another way to see it is, a factory X enhancement costs 15M...and another 15M is deposit. 1

Advanced Tip:
If you can afford it, then you can even get a Titan X factory, AFTER FILLING your X factory, you can sell the factory enhancement and turn it into a scout X again. Then you got a scout X with 48 Manubays, BUT! once you emptied your bays it's back to a normal scout Manubay amount. So actually it's only advisable to do that if you, first of all need a scout, second of all have a very long building project, like MM(4months). Basically the "wasted" 15M you payed for the factory (15M "deposit" you got back) gets divided onto the 48 modules, making each module only 312k$ more expensive. Building 48 mk 100s is certainly not efficient, but on something that takes a long time to build, the fuel save a scoutX gives in that time, might just actually exceed the advanced investment, and the extra speed is not to be forgotten. And better to have a scout picking up SOS pods then having a lazy factory in sol orbit. 1

Duh!!
Choose peace!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: