Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 04:30:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Prospectors giving locations to non-existent places!?  (Read 15943 times)
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 02:10:54 AM »

So I waited 5 or 6 days at most to check a 37 millon deposit. I had things to do. Wasn't there. This has happened so often I really can't just accept it. It's insult to injury. Mining is alreayd so time consuming and less profitable than COM. Maybe I"m missing somethingm like with the tech you get from QP donation, but COMs are just so mcuh easier it seems unbalanced.

I say this after mining a lot of planets. It's not like I only did 1 or 2. I did several dozen. I used different strategies over time. I eventually adopted the strategy of using a ship to defend and using undefended MK 1 stations with MK 1 miners for small deposits.

I've experienced huge losses in MMO's b4 and I've accepted. I've played very hardcore over the years. But this.... idk. Maybe I"m just burnt out on this mmo. I've been playing off and on since 2014. It's just right now I feel like walking away for a while.

And btw I don't know if it's just me or what but this happens wiht gas giants a lot.

EDIT: And yes I click on orbit and surface and evne survey before activating the mission in cargo
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:31:08 AM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »

Yes Antilak, I feel you. 10

Nova didn't only make a treasure very much harder find, but you also need better mining gear to be faster, and you need to have much much more time, cause 1/3 of your missions are either leading to a "4 slot Epic patience test" or a "missing system" or leading to a system with a "1day15h nova countdown".

So yeah, mining isn't what it used to be...it's a pity but it's a fact that combat is way more profitable then mining, but it was that before too, just even more boring.

But many players enjoy mining, including myself, it's exciting to find a treasure, and frustrating if the mission leads to "nothing".

Sir Emi, we find a prospector that wants to lead us to a 50M$ treasure. We get excited, we jump to the quadrant and sometimes have to spend HOURS, HOUUURS...to survey all systems, and already at the last system we have this funny feeling that we won't find it... And even though we need to get up a 6 am the next morning....STILL we choose to check the quadrant corners, maybe just maybe we missed a system hiding there. And then we give up, exhausted... and disappointed about the senseless and meaningless way we spent our evening on this game.
No good Sir Emi, the adaptation of "AG mining" to the nova update still needs to happen! ...or, at least it would be nice to know if this is ever going to happen. Lots of players like mining...cause letting pirate ships line up and get zapped "one after the other" (strongest first lol) IS for many unrealistic and even boring btw bro. laugh

Mining is the most realistic thing about this game, it's sad to see how mining itself is the least profitable and hardest way to make bucks.
Report to moderator   Logged

Duh!!
Choose peace!
JimGalaxy
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 11:56:54 PM »

Hear, hear. (Hear. Hear. HEAR. SirEmi, ... HERE!! HEAR!!!)

This completely changed the game for me. I'm still (obviously) playing and exceeding, but treasure mining is so much less enjoyable than it was a year ago. And all because (I believe, and unless the author ever comments, we will simply never know for sure) of an unintended, untested consequence, of a well-intended change ... a consequence that has gone completely ignored by the author for many months now. Grade: fail.
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 01:39:09 AM »

A simple solution is to make mining prospect missions point to comets (gas) and asteroid fields (minerals) without a sun, so they don't go nova. :-)

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 04:21:49 AM »

Hear, hear. (Hear. Hear. HEAR. SirEmi, ... HERE!! HEAR!!!)

This completely changed the game for me. I'm still (obviously) playing and exceeding, but treasure mining is so much less enjoyable than it was a year ago. And all because (I believe, and unless the author ever comments, we will simply never know for sure) of an unintended, untested consequence, of a well-intended change ... a consequence that has gone completely ignored by the author for many months now. Grade: fail.

cheers
lavis
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 10:18:23 AM »

So I waited 5 or 6 days at most to check a 37 millon deposit. I had things to do. Wasn't there. This has happened so often I really can't just accept it. It's insult to injury. Mining is alreayd so time consuming and less profitable than COM. Maybe I"m missing somethingm like with the tech you get from QP donation, but COMs are just so mcuh easier it seems unbalanced.

Had to just say that this is quite false lol

Congratulations captain! The deposit has been located and will now appear on your survey scanner.
We've measured the deposit at 25795 m3 of Xenon, for an estimated value of $14,832,000 solars!

I mined all that within 24 hours .. No COM even comes close to that kind of 24 hour income =D
It does take luck though, Rarer finds on large places = incredible income. Very volatile, keeps it interesting. And yes it is possible to get a Diamond prospector which is friggin sweet lol

Prospectors are a passive income, I personally have 2 SoS prospector hunters and rest are all coms. Keep some variety.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:20:36 AM by lavis » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »

I also have 2 mining fleets (complete with MKL infusers each).
NoBrain
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 12:09:23 PM »

I think mining is making the game fun and interesting. But it would be nice, if Prospectors locations was existing places.

I have 2 mining ships, 1 stabiliser ship and 17 mining stations, online. + My Swifter for locating mining prospects.
Current have 2 stations working on mining prospects deposits, the rest is doing system stripping for mats.

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 12:14:56 PM »

I think mining is making the game fun and interesting. But it would be nice, if Prospectors locations was existing places.

I have 2 mining ships, 1 stabiliser ship and 17 mining stations, online. + My Swifter for locating mining prospects.
Current have 2 stations working on mining prospects deposits, the rest is doing system stripping for mats.

that's pretty much my philosophy too.

...must be a 'No-Brainer'... 12
petera1289
Private

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 07:10:05 AM »

A simple solution is to make mining prospect missions point to comets (gas) and asteroid fields (minerals) without a sun, so they don't go nova. :-)

that would require the creation of new object classes etc for the game ... and probably new properties to be set for all star / planet objects so others cant accidentally find the comet etc for the missions

without access to the guts of the game to scope it out my suggestion when an error occurs (star is nova) ....
is they turn into 'return to earth' missions in the cargo bay ?
or that they become PoW (instead of passenger) cargoes ?
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »

that would require the creation of new object classes etc for the game ... and probably new properties to be set for all star / planet objects so others cant accidentally find the comet etc for the missions

Which in turn requires some new coding full stop. A rare event these days, unfortunately...
petera1289
Private

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 06:44:11 AM »

thus my thoughts on error re-directs to make them pow or rescues .... hopefully fairly simple compared to the amount of change required for new places (comet) etc
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: