Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:22:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A Year Without Updates  (Read 8309 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »

So guys, Oct 30 will be the day that marks one whole year without any game update.

What are your thoughts? Any gameplay change?

I personally will make some drastic changes.  laugh
Report to moderator   Logged
NoBrain
Sergeant

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 10:44:59 AM »

I think, Sir Emi has a little free time for programming on the game and that why the Game Developer Apprenticeship was introduce..

I just starting to get my mining working with Nova..   12

I'm still playing the game in a year from now...

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »

I also intend to play the game a year from now 1

My fear is that the game may be shut down 10

Sure, I would like the game to continue to evolve.
Rostin
Sergeant First Class

Conquer the Stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 05:31:25 PM »

So guys, Oct 30 will be the day that marks one whole year without any game update.

What are your thoughts? Any gameplay change?

I personally will make some drastic changes.  laugh

What do you mean drastic changes? 1

Are you just going to change the way you play?

Join the Solar Enterprises corporation today!
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »

Are you gonna be a pirate? laugh

Well, before the X-Mas of 2017, EPL should... if all is peacefull, reach 5 billion power points. For each member that understands the meaning of 20% tax...and that is willing to learn my way, I estimate another 1 billion power growth more. So...yeah, I gotta a lot to do. Update would be nice, without update, also good. 1

EPL stands for, exploration of personal limitations...we are all limited (personal intelligence, real life situations, Internet access)...but do we understand our true limitations? ;)

Duh!!
Choose peace!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 08:18:42 PM »

One of the things that I thought about was actually just hunting you down.  1
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 01:24:20 AM »

The only way to stop me from passing you on top score? 1
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:48:44 AM by TEDDY » Report to moderator   Logged

Duh!!
Choose peace!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 06:54:48 AM »

I don't care about the top score. There's no benefit whatsoever being on top.

If there was, I would've put some effort into it.

Just pray that an update will come before Oct 30.  laugh

TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 02:57:32 PM »

I pray...
I pray that all members of the SSS life in peace in future...
I pray that the SSS does not dissolve into inactivity because of bad politics...
I pray that human kind evolves to be kind and loving...
I pray that the least expected of expectations happens and the future of this game becomes a priority to Raphael...(aka The one above all)... Not just his ego...

...yes, I pray for those things...not an update. I pray for humanity!

And truely...I hope you understand, that IF WE...you and ME...don't get more players into AG....THE YOUR LASERS WILL BE SWITCHED OFF...game over...your browser can NOT open this page!!! So make an effort...try...and if you don't care about this game...then go back to sleep! Please. Cause others around you care a lot about this game. We really like this game.

I feel sad to even have to tell you this...this so basic 1:1 kindergarden "how to play together".
We depend on a good atmosphere, we NEED new players!!! Cause it we don't get them...AG WILL be switched off. Try harder Raphael. Please. 1
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:22:13 PM by TEDDY » Report to moderator   Logged

Duh!!
Choose peace!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 08:06:09 PM »

No.  1
ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »

Its strange soon after I join AG SirEm forgets about the game?? What If I quit will that bring him back?? 17
I know that is crazy But SirEmi may be stuck in limbo I was thinking that he live in UK ,and the computer/Server is set up in USA...
Everyone is quick to say that game needs updated,and maybe its does ,or maybe it does not ?? The day you can not move your ships/fleet is the day you should be worried!! When I started everything seem to work for me,and I still playing without complaining ...But I did see SirEmi a week or two(2) ago,so maybe he didn't forget about the game?? Maybe he has real life Job and he does this in his spare time?? Maybe he is stuck on island ??But either way we have a great game and be glad that is still working ..thank you for reading my post------------ESC
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:53:48 PM by ESC01 » Report to moderator   Logged

"Power To The "AG" Players"
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 07:22:51 AM »

Hey guys,

You don't have to worry about anything, as it is right now we have enough reserve fund to run the Astro Galaxy server for at least 10+ years.

In the last year I was working with Artificial Intelligence algorithms in the area of context prediction, English syntax and content generators... bettering my knowledge in this field.

So looking ahead, this AI knowledge will be applied in Astro Galaxy and I'm hoping to grow the Dev team and bring in some unique updates.
If all goes well, we will create content automatically via procedural generation, but not just stars and clusters, but unique events and interactions...

If you have any questions / concerns, please message me directly on Support.

Have fun!  1

Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »

Great news SirEmi, I am very happy to read it.
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 10:40:38 AM »

Its strange soon after I join AG SirEm forgets about the game?? What If I quit will that bring him back?? 17
I know that is crazy But SirEmi may be stuck in limbo I was thinking that he live in UK ,and the computer/Server is set up in USA...
Everyone is quick to say that game needs updated,and maybe its does ,or maybe it does not ?? The day you can not move your ships/fleet is the day you should be worried!! When I started everything seem to work for me,and I still playing without complaining ...But I did see SirEmi a week or two(2) ago,so maybe he didn't forget about the game?? Maybe he has real life Job and he does this in his spare time?? Maybe he is stuck on island ??But either way we have a great game and be glad that is still working ..thank you for reading my post------------ESC

Esco,
sir Emi is with us! laugh
Never doubt that!

Duh!!
Choose peace!
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 02:37:03 PM »

*snip*
If you have any questions / concerns, please message me directly on Support.

Have fun!  1

Strange. I just noticed now Sir Emi's picture. it shows a star, maybe a neutron star, emitting a hot jet of energy at its poles maybe because accretion or the momentum of its rotation--possibly the presence of its companion. An extremely unlucky planet would have its atmosphere incinerated by this jet even if it was some light years away. I was thinking about this for a while and recently saw a episode of "How The Universe Works" pertaining to this. I've also read some unique pairs will emit anti-matter. There's a lot of it near the center of our galaxy and recently they tied it to this:
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2007/antimatter_binary.html

About neutron stars (or maybe more aptly pulsars):
http://www.iflscience.com/space/neutron-stars-produce-jets-are-just-powerful-black-holes/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:24:50 PM by Antilak » Report to moderator   Logged

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: