Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:52:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: bad game logic ?  (Read 11332 times)
petera1289
Private

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:29:06 PM »

two examples

1) i have a ship with one cargo hold with a orbital base inside
I can deploy the base into orbit, then give the base the cargo hold
I can NOT reverse the process because the cargo hold has to become 'cargo' and then be installed

2) I have a (mining / science) module needing 50+ crew
I have 30 PoW in my cargo hold
I dont have a quarters module so i cant switch the PoW to unused crew (via talk to them) to module crew

I know that if I go to Earth I can temporarily install a quarters module and fix the problem .... until next time

I really really wanted to like this game but to much fiddly procedural stuff like this is killing me
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »

Unfortunately there are many situations like these, but you'll get used to it soon enough.  1
TEDDY
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 03:17:09 PM »

Yes, I played this game for years. Yes. You will get used it, as the guy above that thinks he is above all is trying to drool to you.
 Once you managed to figure it all out. Don't dare to threaten that guy, cause he will then ruin your economics, ruin your fun, ruin your game...and expect you to be a "man" and fight him. So "puke" don't even start here...type "peacefull game" into google.

Cause AG is not made for PvP. The creator of the game, has added PvP, but never played PvP himself. He doesn't know how EASY it is to attack and destroy a player...and get away from it.

Most players in AG are peacefull, actually the best about AG... :)great fun communities...but ALL scared of encountering TOAA(the one above all)...why? Cause they don't enjoy playing like him. He is a "ego shooter" guy without a play station. His Internet connection allows ONLY this game...the problem is, this is not a PvP game. :-/ but he has an aggressive stance! 10

So grow, grow, grow! Spend your time on this game (YEARS) and then...if you want. Fight against the Raphael...I think he is 9 years old....or join his alliance...of join another and bow your head FOREVER, like all the rest!

In this game it's simple...those who came first "dictate". Dictating means being a dictator. YOU PLAY LIKE THIS! That's dictating...and with the blocking of sol, Raphael is DICTATING, like a dictator tling you how to you HAVE to play this game!

And there is nothing that you can do!!! Nothing!!! Because he started this game years before you, du to MUDflation...noting you can do. (again...lazyness in coding) and if he notices that you have 5 times more income then you, cause he is primitive...then he will certainly distroy you! And he has better weapons, why? ...MUDmation, lazy coding, lazy mantainance...and no development. Dead game. I have seen it a dozen times.
One big king...everybody hates him. Same old story. The creators fault, bad coding. 1

So as long as that primitive guy is around, go look for another game. No need to try to gain power here...it's very unrealistic anyway. PAHHH! Compressing cargo bay...lol! Duh!
PM me if you need a suggestion, I just went through the lists. 1
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:33:01 PM by TEDDY » Report to moderator   Logged

Duh!!
Choose peace!
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »

...sigh...

Teddy, darling, do you really wish to proceed in this direction?
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »

You wanted me to take side in your war. I keep silent to prevent it. I succeeded because now you decided to insult me. You lost. it will not work.

Were you not supposed to quit the game???? Do not feel oblige to stay because of me!
Xioxx
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »

Teddy is proud of his corp in which he is the only member. Astro Galaxy was a peaceful place before he started talking crap to everyone and trying to steal the fun from the game. Maybe we should all quit so that Teddy can play by himself. He makes this game suck.

Xioxx EOS
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 04:33:25 AM »

Yes, I played this game for years. Yes. You will get used it, as the guy above that thinks he is above all is trying to drool to you.
 Once you managed to figure it all out. Don't dare to threaten that guy, cause he will then ruin your economics, ruin your fun, ruin your game...and expect you to be a "man" and fight him. So "puke" don't even start here...type "peacefull game" into google.

Cause AG is not made for PvP. The creator of the game, has added PvP, but never played PvP himself. He doesn't know how EASY it is to attack and destroy a player...and get away from it.

Most players in AG are peacefull, actually the best about AG... :)great fun communities...but ALL scared of encountering TOAA(the one above all)...why? Cause they don't enjoy playing like him. He is a "ego shooter" guy without a play station. His Internet connection allows ONLY this game...the problem is, this is not a PvP game. :-/ but he has an aggressive stance! 10

So grow, grow, grow! Spend your time on this game (YEARS) and then...if you want. Fight against the Raphael...I think he is 9 years old....or join his alliance...of join another and bow your head FOREVER, like all the rest!

In this game it's simple...those who came first "dictate". Dictating means being a dictator. YOU PLAY LIKE THIS! That's dictating...and with the blocking of sol, Raphael is DICTATING, like a dictator tling you how to you HAVE to play this game!

And there is nothing that you can do!!! Nothing!!! Because he started this game years before you, du to MUDflation...noting you can do. (again...lazyness in coding) and if he notices that you have 5 times more income then you, cause he is primitive...then he will certainly distroy you! And he has better weapons, why? ...MUDmation, lazy coding, lazy mantainance...and no development. Dead game. I have seen it a dozen times.
One big king...everybody hates him. Same old story. The creators fault, bad coding. 1

So as long as that primitive guy is around, go look for another game. No need to try to gain power here...it's very unrealistic anyway. PAHHH! Compressing cargo bay...lol! Duh!
PM me if you need a suggestion, I just went through the lists. 1

laugh laugh laugh

I expected you to fight because YOU were the one who declared war in the first place! YOU were the aggressor! Don't you get it? Why did you declare war only to quit so soon? Why did you declare war when it was no secret that I have the best techs in the game? Did you think I would concede just because you declared war??

You really are a special kind of stupid. HAHAHAHAHA!
green eyes
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 09:59:49 AM »

look at this topic !!!!!!
petera1289 ask for a little help and you guys Hi-jacked his topic...No wonder the game is going backwards!!
Please understand the little guys read this and see that they are pushed back because some of you have a bone to pick with the other guy!!
" we need a moderator  "

I would make a good Moderator ----Always watching Topics !!
petera1289
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »

Unfortunately there are many situations like these, but you'll get used to it soon enough.  1

not sure that im used to it yet but my tolerance is growing

"quote Please understand the little guys read this /quote"

and hopefully think the people posting that crap are just {swearing deleted} like I did .... shame they couldnt even post it in the right area ... where the corp details are perhaps ?

unfortunately not all new players are going to have two experienced players contact them directly to hold their hands while they discover the other similar pitfalls like my original examples
ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 08:27:12 AM »

don't give it !! beside things does get in the way but there is good in this game.. I been there  where you was  and if you post again I am sure you will get a answer to your question.. But please join a corporation and you will see the help will be there what you seek...

"Power To The "AG" Players"
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »

two examples

I can NOT reverse the process because the cargo hold has to become 'cargo' and then be installed

I dont have a quarters module so i cant switch the PoW to unused crew (via talk to them) to module crew

I know that if I go to Earth I can temporarily install a quarters module and fix the problem .... until next time

I really really wanted to like this game but to much fiddly procedural stuff like this is killing me

I see nobodyt has answered your questions. I'll try to help.

#1.  when you deploy a station (orbital base) you must deploy a cargo bay before you can transfer cargo. Then (if the cargo bay is empty) you 'scoop' the modules back to the ship.

#2. The easiest way to do this is to contact the salvage ship (button found  on navigatiin screen below the fuel ship. You can then purchase a LQ (for mlre mnoney than at earth.

good luck and we will be sure to help you with your next question(s).
petera1289
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 06:23:33 AM »

#1 you missed the point

I had a ship with 1 cargo bay holding 1 station .... i put that station out then put my only cargo bay into it .... i could not undo the process because my ship now has no cargo module for the one i put onto the station to scoop back to before being installed

however when i put miner/atmos modules down and scoop them back .... they go to slots and i have to fiddle around to get them into cargo (because of the crew)

As my topic header says .... "bad game logic" ..... easily fixed by having the scoop command always go to a slot

#2 i solved by having either the quarters or worm drive in cargo ..... until i earned enough cash that im not stuck with such crap modules on a ship that its barely capable of carrying the fuel to get to tau ceti and back

As for this forum .... after joining SEC I have had very little interest in coming back here to wade thru the dross to find an answer to last weeks question
Antilak
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 02:47:25 PM »

two examples

This MMO needs less clicking/reloading and more tactics and strategy.

"Lots of things happen after you die - they just don't involve you." - Louis C.K.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: