Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 08:32:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GCA: Galactic Commerce Association  (Read 29184 times)
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »

I could set up an undisclosed cargo station that moves
Report to moderator   Logged

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
JOHN F. KENNEDY, speech at Rice University, September 12, 1962
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »

Small problem with corps for trade, although the idea sounds pretty good, is that a leader could want to trade, but if they left their corp, it would be disbanded. Personally, option 1 sounds better because of possible time zone difficulties with option 2, as well as the fact that 2 would only be for a single day. But if 1 was made, we should at least have a chat on the forums for it to make it more public, like the corp. chat advantage of option 2. Also, I agree that science labs would make a great currency.

Also, unrelated, but, does anyone know how the reputation thing on here works?

So, current GCA status:
SLB Mk.? = Currency, Shouldn't do a specified Mk, because M might be out of reach to newer players, while L would be far to low for older ones. Maybe more of a system like L = $1, and M = $100, and such.
Members: PT, CAP
Currency Tranfer Possibilities: Sponsored Trade Corporation
                                           Undisclosed Cargo Station
I agree with using SLB’s as currency.

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
Pokeboy
Sergeant

Exploring Space and Humanity Simultaneously

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »

By undisclosed cargo station, I mean a small low level station with a cargo bay on it storing the currency or traded item that is set up by the sides of the trade, so that one side can raid it and take the cargo. It would be in a secret location decided upon by both sides, and would be picked up after the trade.
I think that a corporation would work well, as long as leaders have members who can take over temporarily and are trusted to return the rank when the leader returns. Both ways would require a good amount of trust, because a station owner and a member with a corp. ship could just raid the other station or take the items and not put their own down to trade their side of the bargain, so there would have to be some sort of military to protect this.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex
Galactic Commerce Association Founder

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 07:56:28 PM »

Doesn't need its own military.  Treaty with at least 1 major Corp or a few big Independents would do.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »

We should find a way to make it worthwhile for the corp leader to maintain the trade corp.

Perhaps a monthly salary in QPs that sponsors agree upon?
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »

How big would a salary have to be, and who would supply it? Only a single sponsor could supply a salary in QP, unless they all shared a small amount.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

The station I have a cargo bay I can install as long as I don’t lose it to an attack

Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »

Suggest 5% fee on mods, 3% on materials?  Charged to the seller by the transfer agent.  Reason it has to be seller, is that's the only party before the transfer agent.

Still won't make up for Sponsors' time vs their other activities, but won't choke weaker players, allows Sponsors a token of appreciation, and undersells Earth's fee :-)
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 06:32:17 PM »

Seems Reasonable... 21

Now we just need a leader, and none of the high-ranking officials of PT are willing. Haven't consulted lower rank officials, but I doubt they would too, and the leader should have more power than any of our members anyway, we aren't the strongest...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:38:06 PM by Pokeboy » Report to moderator   Logged

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2018, 07:49:42 PM »

I could help, but would need a clear ruling from Sir Emi on using an alt for this.  Surrendering my SPQNR equipment for even a short period would cost much more than the traffic likely to flow through the corp..
(Suspect the same for Raphael, but even more so ?-)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 07:51:44 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 11:14:33 PM »

I agree with you, Publius. I will not jeopardize the Empire for something as chancy as this...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:28:42 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 08:24:44 AM »

Sir Emi will never come. He has abandoned AG. If this cannot start until Sir Emi approves, it will never start.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 01:52:47 PM »

He's around.  Recovered 2-server errors this year, and SPQNR's seen his "Avatar" ship out and about.
That said, AG certainly isn't first and foremost on his mind :-)
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 11:36:07 PM »

If we set up something like this, we'll just set up an SPQNR trading account player and share the username and login with our member base. Yes, it will be an "alt account", but will serve no other purpose and stay Solbound. Can't imagine Sir Emi having a problem with that. We'd be fixing one of the development problems the (otherwise still interesting, or I wouldn't be here after 4 years) game.
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »

If we set up something like this, we'll just set up an SPQNR trading account player and share the username and login with our member base. Yes, it will be an "alt account", but will serve no other purpose and stay Solbound. Can't imagine Sir Emi having a problem with that. We'd be fixing one of the development problems the (otherwise still interesting, or I wouldn't be here after 4 years) game.

Problem solved for Corporate players (including likely sponsors)  clapping

Now the trade-corp needs some: sponsors, simple bylaws, and a rate structure.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: