Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 02:25:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GCA: Galactic Commerce Association  (Read 29592 times)
Pokeboy
Sergeant

Exploring Space and Humanity Simultaneously

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »

Part of me wants to say that PT should be in charge of this because we came up with it, but the other part of me doesn't completely understand where the GCA has gone, so I will allow it to carry on its own path. confused
Report to moderator   Logged

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex
Galactic Commerce Association Founder

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 06:17:13 AM »

I will sponsor.

As to who will be the manager of the trading corp, I don't care who it is as long as he/she gets the job done.  1

Who's willing to create the bylaws? I will donate 100 QPs (equivalent to 100 million solars) for the draft. The draft should try to cover everything. The AG community will then modify the draft based on consensus.

Personal opinion: there should be no fees for trading to maximize attractiveness - anyone can trade for free. The sponsors will pay the manager for the day-to-day operations. As the trading volume increases, the salary will also increase (that needs to be specified in the bylaws).
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 04:24:19 PM »

Part of me wants to say that PT should be in charge of this because we came up with it, but the other part of me doesn't completely understand where the GCA has gone, so I will allow it to carry on its own path. confused

What happened is you "crowdsourced" an interesting question, around a common need, in an open forum  punk
You want control, "sell" a solution  19

imho, you did the right thing - crowdsourced results are unpredictable, but (absent a genius) typically better than anything one individual would have conceived.

cf https://www.whitesourcesoftware.com/whitesource-blog/crowdsourcing-open-source/
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wisdom_of_Crowds

'nuff theory - back to the Game!

__
I will Sponsor with the first corporate ship license, an unoptimized Titan, and 100@ACB-100 = 772,500m3 storage (someone else can contribute a Freighter-X Optimization :-)
(all 100-slots go to storage - this is strictly a transfer vessel, chained to Earth)

Will start the ACB's as slots open up this week, and they will be reserved, but they will only be released once all Sponsors agree that Trade Corp is otherwise ready to serve the public good.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:01:26 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 08:54:51 PM »

I will sponsor.

As to who will be the manager of the trading corp, I don't care who it is as long as he/she gets the job done.  1

Who's willing to create the bylaws? I will donate 100 QPs (equivalent to 100 million solars) for the draft. The draft should try to cover everything. The AG community will then modify the draft based on consensus.

Personal opinion: there should be no fees for trading to maximize attractiveness - anyone can trade for free. The sponsors will pay the manager for the day-to-day operations. As the trading volume increases, the salary will also increase (that needs to be specified in the bylaws).
I will sponsor and I will be willing to manage the corp

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
JOHN F. KENNEDY, speech at Rice University, September 12, 1962
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 10:36:04 PM »

CliffClavin - to sponsor, in the normal sense of the term - you need to put up something of value.  Raphael led with $100m, I followed with around $90m.
You're staking..  (maybe $26m for Freighter-X Optimization on the first transfer ship ?-)

Iow.. we're endowing a Not-for-Profit NGO  cheers

fwiw, I'd been thinking more of a B-Corp, to be handed over to mid level players who'd benefit the most from taking it big in an ethical manner.  However, am just as happy this way :-)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:57:43 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2018, 03:43:58 AM »

Update:  100@ACB-C (mk-100's) started.  ETA March 29th.  

Will we have bylaws, a funding structure, and management by then ?-)  
If so, we'll have a transfer vessel :-)
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »

Isn't 100 QP equal to 5 million solars, not 100 million.

Also, I can't sponsor, because all of my money goes to PT Protector project. However, I will try to work on bylaws and hope to have a draft done by the 25th.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 06:11:30 PM »

That'd be AP where 100 = $5m.  
1AP = $50k, 20AP = 1QP, so 1QP = $1m  15
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:13:23 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 07:46:12 PM »

If you look at adv CAB and CAB time to build and cost, a CAB cost half the price but take twice longer to build. Are you patient or not. From my experience, if you want to be among the top in the game, you need to spend not a solar more than absolutely needed.
ESC01
Sergeant

Alien Hunter Ω

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2018, 07:53:17 PM »

Hello Matamaure001
But patient is not on the broad,when playing on-line games .We need it yeasterday,or the day before,but ACB is the way to go if you could wait or be patients enough for them ,and it would be worth it... 

"Power To The "AG" Players"
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2018, 12:39:52 PM »

ACB to "strike while the iron's hot" (ie. before forum attention moves on). 
Yes it's twice as expensive, but the absolute outlay at this level is still small.
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2018, 01:41:16 PM »

The choice is yours, I said what I said to make you think. This is also true for shields....

Personally. I have chosen the opposite route and look where I am. (by the way, it is Raplael that make me discover this. Competition is beneficial lol)

The only important thing is to have fun with this game and it is my wish for all of you. 1
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »

Where do you turn 1 AP into 50K solars? I've always turned 20 AP to 1 QP and then turned that to 50K solars. If you can turn 1 AP into 50K solars, it would explain why my game progress seems to be so slow... yawn

BTW Working on writing some bylaws but I doubt I will think of everything. I probably won't have enough there to actually build this thing on.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2018, 06:13:30 PM »

Can turn:
$50k -> 1AP
20AP -> 1QP
 1QP -> $50k (OUCH!)
 1QP ->   1AP (OUCH!)
 1QP -> 25k-RP (OUCH!)

Can't turn 1AP -> $50k

__
Get enough down on the Bylaws for others to react to?  Might not win the 100QP, but "the ball" will keep "moving forward" ?-)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:15:35 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2018, 07:56:47 AM »

So, for the bylaws, what we basically need is a restriction on what an agreeable currency is, how long someone can be in the corp., how long someone can have a ship, penalties for trading with pirates, and penalties for breaking laws, not staying in the corp. for the full amount of time, or not fully following a trade agreement. Anyway, here is what I have Opps:

All trade must be made in either CABs, ACBs, or SLBs of an agreeable level to both parties, and must be sent into the public corp. chat so that there are witnesses to the trade agreement. A trade may not be made in any form of a weapon. Once someone joins the corp., They may stay for 120 hours. No one may leave the corp., as if they leave before their time is up it shows they may not be following the trade agreement. The leader must kick people when their time is up. This is a minor offense and will only receive a warning, unless there is proof of only following the trade agreement halfway, which is cause for placement on the GCA KoS list. At any time during their stay, they may ask the leader for permission to use the GCA Transfer Ship, and, assuming it is not already taken, may keep it for 24 hours. If the ship is returned out of earth orbit or module(s) are damaged or stolen in any way, you will be put on the GCA KoS list, which will transfer over to all member corps. KoS lists. All people on the GCA KoS list are officially embargoed by the GCA and may not be allowed to join the corp. to trade for any reason, unless they are pardoned. The GCA KoS list is enforced by member corps., while the GCA gains funds from sponsors, and in this way, the GCA gains its power from its members.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:38:17 AM by Pokeboy » Report to moderator   Logged

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: