Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 05:35:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GCA: Galactic Commerce Association  (Read 29181 times)
Pokeboy
Sergeant

Exploring Space and Humanity Simultaneously

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:59:08 PM »

We at PT are making a large effort towards trade stations and peaceful commerce and co-existence with all corporations. We have decided to create this alliance of sorts between corporations. We will help regulate inter-corporation commerce, as well as provide deals between members. Any corporation is allowed to join, but at the moment, PT is alone. Who is to say we can't have a player economy without Sir Emi the Deserter. Please help!
GCA Agenda: Give deals on trades to member corps.
                    Make laws and restrictions involving price rates, tariffs, tax rates, embargoes, loans, and debts.
                    Encourage game updates.

The more members we have, the more power we get. Please join!
 hi welcome hi
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:07:34 PM by Pokeboy » Report to moderator   Logged

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex
Galactic Commerce Association Founder

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »

Yay
Report to moderator   Logged

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
JOHN F. KENNEDY, speech at Rice University, September 12, 1962
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:14:02 AM »

Would be nice to bring life to AG.

Keep us updated on how you plan to do this.

I'm willing to contribute funds/modules so you guys can lay out the infrastructure to help everyone, especially newbies.

Note that transparency is key.

Good luck.  1
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:53:36 AM »

We at PT are making a large effort towards trade stations and peaceful commerce and co-existence with all corporations. We have decided to create this alliance of sorts between corporations. We will help regulate inter-corporation commerce, as well as provide deals between members. Any corporation is allowed to join, but at the moment, PT is alone. Who is to say we can't have a player economy without Sir Emi the Deserter. Please help!
GCA Agenda: Give deals on trades to member corps.
                    Make laws and restrictions involving price rates, tariffs, tax rates, embargoes, loans, and debts.
                    Encourage game updates.

The more members we have, the more power we get. Please join!
 hi welcome hi
CAP will join

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »

Biggest issue I see, is how to pay for things without the ability to transfer equipment and materials on shared Corp ships.  Ambassadors (people who temporarily change corporations) are great for major balance of payments or equipment exchanges between corps, but don't help those Sol players who want to retain their independence :-)

Only mechanism I can think of, is setting up temporary, undefended stations at a place and time shared by PM between the parties, and agreeing on a unit of currency that survives a looting attack (only available means of exchange other than QPs).  That means it has to be modules, since a mod in storage survives looting, while some materials are always lost during looting.

How does an currency based on CAB-M's sound?  Rationale:  everyone needs storage, storage can't be used aggressively, and at $1,264,000 a piece, a CAB-M isn't out of reach of most independents?

Thoughts?
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 06:18:23 PM »

That sounds about right

Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 06:20:02 PM »

Keep us updated on how you plan to do this.
Thanks. I was thinking that corporations that join will get a vote for each member, and will vote on laws to make sure that any player trade is fair, and that pirates are not traded to. Anyone who joins spends less on certain trades and we could arbitrate territorial claims. Hopefully it will work and we can create an new era of peace and trade between all. If we get enough people, and Sir Emi still occasionally checks up on the game, maybe we can pressure him into updating. Of course, just because you aren't in the GCA doesn't mean that you can't have territorial claims or trades, it would just exclude you from sales on trades and representation on the GCA Council.

CAP may join as they wish.

As for currency and transfer of it, I figured we would just do QP or Diamonds on unprotected stations at undisclosed locations. The idea of CAB-Ms as a currency is new to me, because I didn't think of using modules, but it could work.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Dominus custodiet me, ut ab amicis meis epularer; Possum tractamus inimicos meos.
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 07:32:39 PM »

Also, when you say CAB-M, I assume you are referring to the advanced module, not the normal?

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »

suggested regular CAB instead of "advanced" ACB, because want currency to circulate.

Powerful players have little temptation to hold onto their CAB-M's when they can easily blow past that capacity with ACB's.
However, at the -M size, at least CAB wouldn't just be taking up storage space.  Any big station depot could use them when they're not being traded.

Going the other way, if we made ACB-D the currency, there'd be a lot of temptation to use them as "seed" for larger mods, and the currency might crash?

re. some other possibilities mentioned:
QP transfer now requires a onetime US$5 donation for the memberID.  Fine for committed players, but no good for others.
Diamonds suffer loss during looting, that mods in storage don't.  That's quite a "tax" to pay per transaction!

That said, better some agreeable currency than no currency :-)
(as long as I don't find myself staring down the barrel of a payment I made, so no military mods ;-)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:01:35 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 07:49:52 PM »

Powerful players have little temptation to hold onto their CAB-M's when they can easily blow past that capacity with ACB's.
However, at the -M size, at least CAB wouldn't just be taking up storage space.  Any big station depot could use them when they're not being traded.
Sounds good. Small problem of the fact that, I, for example, don't think I have CAB-M, because I went straight to ACBs, and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one.
(as long as I don't find myself staring down the barrel of a payment I made, so no military mods ;-)
Very reasonable, and that would probably be one of the first trade laws that we passed, along with no trading to well known pirates, if we can ever get this thing off the ground.

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 08:51:05 AM »

Sounds good. Small problem of the fact that, I, for example, don't think I have CAB-M, because I went straight to ACBs, and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one.
Very reasonable, and that would probably be one of the first trade laws that we passed, along with no trading to well known pirates, if we can ever get this thing off the ground.
such as federation

Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »

Don't have to make currency mods - you can trade for them with someone who can :-)
If you don't like the terms of the trade, someone else will probably offer better ;-)

__
Here's two alternative notions that makes full use of the Corporate system, but would require some Sponsors to set up and operate..

Notion 1:  Imagine a corporation where all membership is temporary, other than the Sponsors'.  Call it "Trade Corp":  

Your join request contains the time and quantity of materials you want to trade, along with the name of your trade partner.  When the Sponsors have matching join requests, they accept you both to the corp and assign a ship to the first trade party.  When the ship is loaded, they assign to the second, and if necessary then return to the first.  When the trade is over, you quit.  When your time is up, you're booted.  The ships stay at Earth, and non-Sponsors have only cargo privileges.  So no worries about hijacking or mods theft.  The ship's cargo log is available to resolve disputes.  Corp members would have to ask their corps to rejoin (and be reassigned or reclaim  their corp ships).  Sol players would be momentarily corpless, but can auto-rejoin Sol just by applying.

Notion 2:  Similar to 1, but many-to-many, instead of 1:1.  Call it "Market Day Corp":
on a specified day, anyone who wants to Join is allowed in.  Trades are requested and proposed in Corp Chat.  When there's a buyer and seller, a ship is shuffled between.  Members who are done wiith their shopping quit the corp as above.  When a Market Day is over, everyone remaining is booted, other than Sponsors.

Advantages of these 2-notions vs a mods based currency - with corp ships you can transfer materials (eg. pay in diamonds or whatever), and everything is done with the security and convenience of Earth.  Disadvantages:  asks a lot of the Sponsors, and would require them to maintain alt-IDs that do more than Sol Chat.  Sir Emi probably would OK alt-IDs that enhance the game for everyone, but we'd need to ask (multiple IDs other than a 2nd for SOL chat violates TOS).  Alternatively, some major Independents could become Sponsors for the temporary corps, using their primary IDs - any volunteers ?-)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:37:24 PM by Publius » Report to moderator   Logged
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 03:15:46 PM »

Don't have to make currency mods - you can trade for them with someone who can :-)
If you don't like the terms of the trade, someone else will probably offer better ;-)

__
Here's two alternative notions that makes full use of the Corporate system, but would require some Sponsors to set up and operate..

Notion 1:  Imagine a corporation where all membership is temporary, other than the Sponsors'.  Call it "Trade Corp":  

Your join request contains the time and quantity of materials you want to trade, along with the name of your trade partner.  When the Sponsors have matching join requests, they accept you both to the corp and assign a ship to the first trade party.  When the ship is loaded, they assign to the second, and if necessary then return to the first.  When the trade is over, you quit.  When your time is up, you're booted.  The ships stay at Earth, and non-Sponsors have only cargo privileges.  So no worries about hijacking or mods theft.  The ship's cargo log is available to resolve disputes.  Corp members would have to ask their corps to rejoin (and be reassigned or reclaim  their corp ships).  Sol players would be momentarily corpless, but can auto-rejoin Sol just by applying.

Notion 2:  Similar to 1, but many-to-many, instead of 1:1.  Call it "Market Day Corp":
on a specified day, anyone who wants to Join is allowed in.  Trades are requested and proposed in Corp Chat.  When there's a buyer and seller, a ship is shuffled between.  Members who are done wiith their shopping quit the corp as above.  When a Market Day is over, everyone remaining is booted, other than Sponsors.

Advantages of these 2-notions vs a mods based currency - with corp ships you can transfer materials (eg. pay in diamonds or whatever), and everything is done with the security and convenience of Earth.  Disadvantages:  asks a lot of the Sponsors, and would require them to maintain alt-IDs that do more than Sol Chat.  Sir Emi probably would OK alt-IDs that enhance the game for everyone, but we'd need to ask (multiple IDs other than a 2nd for SOL chat violates TOS).  Alternatively, some major Independents could become Sponsors for the temporary corps, using their primary IDs - any volunteers ?-)
I like it

Publius
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »

in PM, Nojehu (SEC's Leader) suggests SLB as a better currency - it's something everyone researches, everyone needs, and can't be used offensively.

I agree :-)

Thanks Nojehu!
Publius
Pokeboy
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 05:04:36 PM »

Small problem with corps for trade, although the idea sounds pretty good, is that a leader could want to trade, but if they left their corp, it would be disbanded. Personally, option 1 sounds better because of possible time zone difficulties with option 2, as well as the fact that 2 would only be for a single day. But if 1 was made, we should at least have a chat on the forums for it to make it more public, like the corp. chat advantage of option 2. Also, I agree that science labs would make a great currency.

Also, unrelated, but, does anyone know how the reputation thing on here works?

So, current GCA status:
SLB Mk.? = Currency, Shouldn't do a specified Mk, because M might be out of reach to newer players, while L would be far to low for older ones. Maybe more of a system like L = $1, and M = $100, and such.
Members: PT, CAP
Currency Tranfer Possibilities: Sponsored Trade Corporation
                                           Undisclosed Cargo Station
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:17:16 PM by Pokeboy » Report to moderator   Logged

Pax Terra Aeterna Rex

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: