Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 05:54:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: War Games  (Read 40716 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2019, 11:25:11 PM »

This is an official Galactic Empire transmission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone. This is Emperor Jam-Jul Lison. First let me say I have been gone for too long.  From what I can tell there isn't much that can change. For example you would think my technological experts would have figured out how to at least tell us when systems are gone. You would think after all that time that be possible by now. But anyways I am back. I have a big announcement as well. As some of you already know I have hit some targets within Sol.  I still have a few more planets to do it.  I am still tweaking my raiding ships to lower power levels.  Why you might ask. For the first annual Galactic War Games.  Things seem as dull as ever.  So I have returned to cause some excitement  Soon the War Games will begin.  I will be attacking all lower powered targets though stronger Captains are also not exempt.  I already removed some science stations in Sol belonging to SPQNR. Corporations we already have a NAP with are except from my attacks  So at this time EOS will not be hit as we already have a NAP with them and I have already verified it is still intact  Now on to these War Games.  I want to give these newer Captains a chance to see how it was for us in the early days.  I am talking way before Raph ever appeared. I am sure Sargas and Mata remember. So I got an idea. Why not turn this into an organized event.  Lets design ships for low combat power battles. Battles that don't take forever to prepare for.   This would also put us on more even terms in combat so they might even surprise us a little.  It will help them to become better captains as long as they don't take it personal. Cause in the end isn't life just a game.  Perhaps we can even come up with some rules on ship power limits and stuff. I would even be willing to discuss some untouchable targets. Maybe some could be set up for the war games special games. I am open for discussion on this.  I imagine EOS might have some fun with this.  Especially larger corporations setting up bases for combat games.  Like I said working with a set of rules could make this fun.  That said if people don't want this to happen I am still going to go ahead with the war games. Just less rules.  EOS of course being exempt unless apon request. No one Captain in my empire is required to participate in this unless they want to except to those flying my private ships.

I have another big announcement and this is about recruitment. Effectively immanently The Galactic Empire is offering recruitment to any Captain that wishes to join my empire. It doesn't matter if we had any problems in the past and I don't care if you have problems with other players. All are welcome to join. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of transmission.
Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 11:51:24 PM »

You are taking liberties waving the Imperial Flag ([EOS]) in a way that does not meet with imperial approval.
Please refrain from including [EOS] in your advertising. 12
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »

I had to make sure people knew you were except from my attacks old timer.  Kinda got carried away there with the speech.  Also been smoking some of that grass I keep in my hydroponics bay.  lol
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:54 AM »

my ships are large enough for an agricultural bay (fresh berries, oranges, banananas, corn, beans, etc)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:05 AM »

We have those as well.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 12:28:06 AM »

I welcome everyone's input on The War Games.
StarGazer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 05:04:11 AM »

I have submitted some code to Sir Emi recently for some AG development.  No response yet, but things MAY happen.  In time an encounter with BORG type aliens may satisfy your thirst for battle! diablo

In the meantime, I could personally agree to some "War Games" as a means of adding interest.  But as not a current member of SPQNR government it is not for me to speak for the entire Corp.  Except that without an agreed set of rules of engagement continued attacks on our Senators is likely to be viewed as an Act of War
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 05:13:35 AM »

They can consider it whatever they want. Fact is large scale combat is so tedious and not worth it that I am worried about it. Without any major installations any damage done would be miniscule. Didn't we learn this with Raph?  I doubt that coding will be used. Siremi is notoriously slow and bad about providing updates. Not a thing has changed since I quit. 
StarGazer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 07:44:43 AM »

Tell me about it! Code for 2 new SOS missions that I submitted to Sir Emi in November got an initial enthusiastic response. But no progress or implementation since  10
But I can hope  14

Fact is that without any major installations of their own to protect, any dummy can do hit and run stuff.   I expect that you want a challenge?

An initial Rules of Engagement proposal. Suggest mods as you see fit. Maybe have multiple engagement options?
Engagement option 1.
- Name a time and place eg Phobos orbit, 12:00 UTC 9 Jan (just an example, so deliberately in the past)
- Name a maximum ship power per side as reported by AG in the Battle Report eg 2.5 million (2.5 million each side would give a max of 5 million for the battle, which is about a one day battle timer?)
- Both sides turn up and either can start the battle
- Nobody uses AP to speedup the battle until both sides have had a chance to scan the opposing ships (you would want to see the cunning config that beat you up wouldn't you? ;) (Or vice versa 10
- the victor gloats and the loser sulks till the next round...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 03:50:23 PM »

You seem to be missing the point of the War Games.  Part of the fun is finding targets to hit and getting hit unexpectedly.  I wish to see people increase in skill. Not lazily do battles though some like this could be arranged if two parties agree.   
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 04:11:29 PM »

BTW a lot of my attacks on weaker targets will be by far weaker ships then you described. Meaning lower timers.  I miss the days when we actually thought about how we would set up our ships.  When it took actual skill to combat one another.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »

It seems things have become so stale that people don't even post on the forums anymore.  I know I have seen some people lurking about on here.  So no input from anyone else?   I already know one of the smaller corps LSD isn't happy. He has threatened war on my entire corp lol.   Some others I have talked to seem to find it interesting.  Come on people speak up or we are just going to have War Games with no rules.  Something I have no real problem with doing.  These games are not optional.  I just figured everyone would at least like a sporting chance and to have some fun.  I have no problem just blowing things up. 
StarGazer
Private

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 06:27:47 PM »

So finding targets is part of the fun?  And skill is required?  So a real chance of losing?  Because some of us would say that hit and run on easy targets is a lazy way to do battles...

Engagement option 1.1
- Name a time frame and quadrant/s eg For a day from 12:00 UTC 9 Jan a specific named ship/station will be in an unknown but specific orbit for the whole time period, somewhere in Q x,y
- Name a maximum ship power for the target as reported by AG in the Battle Report eg 0.5 million (0.5 million each side would give an average of 1 million for the battle, which is how many hours battle timer?)
- Opponent has to find the target
- Opponent turns up with whatever power ship/s they want, starts the battle, PMs the target owner
- Both sides get a chance to do a scan of the opponents ship before the battle is resolved
- Wargames points awarded based on the result. A first suggestion: 50 points for the target side if it is not found (a penalty for not trying basically!), battle victory score is 10 points divided by the odds ratio (as determined by the Att and Def strength in the AG battle report). So beat some one up at 2-1 odds and you get 5 points. Take someone down at 1-2 odds and you get 20 points (a reward for skill!). A draw counts as a Victory for both sides, so fight a 2-1 attacker to a draw scores the defender 20 but the attacker still gets 5 for his effort

Engagement option 2.1
- Like 1.1 but hide and seek. After a specified time (1, 2 hours?) the target has 5 minutes to move to another orbit in the target zone. Maybe PM the searcher before and after moving
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 06:38:05 PM by StarGazer » Report to moderator   Logged
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

Ć’uck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »

It seems things have become so stale that people don't even post on the forums anymore.  I know I have seen some people lurking about on here.  So no input from anyone else?   I already know one of the smaller corps LSD isn't happy. He has threatened war on my entire corp lol.   Some others I have talked to seem to find it interesting.  Come on people speak up or we are just going to have War Games with no rules.  Something I have no real problem with doing.  These games are not optional.  I just figured everyone would at least like a sporting chance and to have some fun.  I have no problem just blowing things up. 

Welcome back.

I could point out that in the UC days, both our signatures were placed under a NAP. But we don't rely on a dated piece of paper to defend ourselves. The days of your corp having an extra nought behind its power rating compared to ours, are long gone my friend. Kindly be informed that an attack on any Senator of SPQNR is considered an attack on the Senate itself, and will be dealt with accordingly.

On a personal level, I wonder why you bothered coming back to a game you know full well isn't suited for proper PvP, when picking a fight appears to be your main motivation. Are you sure you didn't just miss the OGame junction on the motorway?
RegnadKcin
Sergeant

Nunc est bibendum - Quintus Horatius Flaccus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »

First let me say I have been gone for too long.

I would suggest that YOU'RE the only one who thinks so.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: