Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 06:55:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Standard for Discussion  (Read 8212 times)
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2022, 01:25:06 AM »

Out of an abundance of compassion for all players in the game, the Pax Forti legislature has come to propose a disarming agreement.

Knowing that LOEP and SPQNR appear to be doing perfectly fine with (dropping COMs? No clue what they're up to) what they are currently doing right now, the extant situation is likely suitable for profit and gain for those corporations. That being said, other corporations, such as [EOS] and [SEC] appear, at minimum, to be marginally negatively affected by the conflict, and by the Scorched Earth policy pursued by [LOEP].

Thenceforth, in order to remedy the state of affairs in AG currently, the Pax Forti legislature is proposing a number of measures:

• All corps currently involved in the conflict, particularly [LOEP] and [PF], renounce the right to piracy and the unprovoked attacking of ships.
  • Operation Scorched Earth ceases, or at least ceases to apply to any member of any of the 10 largest corps.
  • [PF] uses its military capabilities solely in pursuit of COM missions and any associated NPC missions, but reserves the right to use military force for self-defense purposes.
  • Hostilities between [LOEP], [SPQNR], and [PF] shall cease indefinitely, assuming no further provocations are undertaken.
  • The Mutual Mining Agreement is reinstated to full effect.

Noting as how [PF] has now developed Mk 10,000+ MAUs and extraordinarily high-level shields, this war is no longer beneficial to any party, and a return to peace would be most profitable to all. Even the prior concerns that [PF] as a pirate organization had too high of a technology status are now alleviated, if not by anything, by the fact that such technologies have been unlocked anyways. Whilst we share the disappointment in SirEmi's patent failure to continue updating and modernizing the game, we do not believe alienation of all new players is a suitable path to follow. Indeed, per our calculations, it is likely that such players as NoBrain made greater profits mining than in the current situation.

The issue of missing modules appears to be now moot. If the issue of funds or outstanding balances remains extant, payment plans, whether in QP or solari, may be arranged after a permanent armistice is concluded.

Per Sun Tzu,
There has never been a protracted war from which a country has benefited.
Report to moderator   Logged

Heyo! Join PF for a 30 QP compensation after 3 weeks and confirmation that you're going to stay!
Raptor
Sergeant First Class

ƒuck it, Scorched Earth it is, SirEmi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 06:07:05 AM »

" No clue what they're up to"

Nope, cos your alts don't get in.

Scorched Earth it is, and will remain.

*** TRANSMISSION ENDS ***
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 07:33:35 PM »

So be it.

Heyo! Join PF for a 30 QP compensation after 3 weeks and confirmation that you're going to stay!
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 05:57:47 AM »

Noting as how [PF] has now developed Mk 10,000+ MAUs and extraordinarily high-level shields...

Where are they? 1
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 10:44:43 PM »

Noting as how [PF] has now developed Mk 10,000+ MAUs and extraordinarily high-level shields...

Where are they? 1

Mind you, my research capacity now is effectively much of SPQNR/LOEP's corp capacity squeezed into a single account... most of my other corp members are now inactive..

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 12:01:53 AM »

I'm not asking for a screenshot or background story - your tech level is still insignificant.

You're saying this war is no longer beneficial, so where are your ships? I will gladly spend APs to speed up the timer. I still have tens of billions to burn. 1

caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 12:46:52 AM »

I'm not asking for a screenshot or background story - your tech level is still insignificant.

You're saying this war is no longer beneficial, so where are your ships? I will gladly spend APs to speed up the timer. I still have tens of billions to burn. 1

They are around all right, just variously pointed in some directions. If you're talking about solari donations, I will more than happily take them, but I'm not sure what you mean beyond that.

if you're asking for trouble... we're afflicted with a bad case of malaise for that type of stuff, I fear
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:49:36 AM by caker18 » Report to moderator   Logged

sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 09:45:08 AM »

coffee1
 read
 drink
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 11:19:25 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Herod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 10:10:25 AM »

Mind you, my research capacity now is effectively much of SPQNR/LOEP's corp capacity squeezed into a single account...

Forgive my scepticism, but are you absolutely sure about that?
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 11:29:54 PM »

Mind you, my research capacity now is effectively much of SPQNR/LOEP's corp capacity squeezed into a single account...

Forgive my scepticism, but are you absolutely sure about that?

Can not and would not claim to, but in terms of corp capacity I must remind you that we did buy a majority of OREO's stock, so private capacities unaccounted for, the rest we have.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 01:23:23 PM »

The Empire is not supporting this.
The reasons are written in yellow.

quote:
"All corps currently involved in the conflict, particularly [LOEP] and [PF], renounce the right to piracy and the unprovoked attacking of ships. Piracy is allowed (by the rules) in the game. this is unenforceable.

Operation Scorched Earth ceases, or at least ceases to apply to any member of any of the 10 largest corps. Discriminatory. You are saying hit the common folk  and leave the 'Elite' alone. The Empire rejects this.
[PF] uses its military capabilities solely in pursuit of COM missions and any associated NPC missions, but reserves the right to use military force for self-defense purposes.Good for you, this has been Imperial practice since our founding years ago.
Hostilities between [LOEP], [SPQNR], and [PF] shall cease indefinitely, assuming no further provocations are undertaken.This topic would best be settled between PF and the rest of us. Is it a demand or an offer of Peace?
The Mutual Mining Agreement is reinstated to full effect.The Empire has always respected this. "
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 01:25:47 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 06:07:55 PM »

Responses, red

The Empire is not supporting this.
The reasons are written in yellow.

quote:
"All corps currently involved in the conflict, particularly [LOEP] and [PF], renounce the right to piracy and the unprovoked attacking of ships. Piracy is allowed (by the rules) in the game. this is unenforceable. This is a civil matter. It does not concern the rules of the game, and instead creates "best practices" or a common guide to go by. In effect, this reverts to the status quo ante, without piracy. Consequences for violating this provision, therefore, concerns not the rulebook but the decisions made by other corps.

Operation Scorched Earth ceases, or at least ceases to apply to any member of any of the 10 largest corps. Discriminatory. You are saying hit the common folk  and leave the 'Elite' alone. The Empire rejects this. The minimum stated here is not intended to be discriminatory (the optimal case is a complete dissolution of Operation Scorched Earth). [PF] does not partake in Operation Scorched Earth.  Ultimately, this document serves more so as a bilateral or trilateral guideline, and is not meant to concern any individual outside of our Corps. Whether or not attacks continue elsewhere is beyond our mandate or concern. Your audience for this, therefore, is LOEP, not PF.
[PF] uses its military capabilities solely in pursuit of COM missions and any associated NPC missions, but reserves the right to use military force for self-defense purposes.Good for you, this has been Imperial practice since our founding years ago. Once again, this is meant to be an agreement between [SPQNR], [LOEP], and [PF]. While your opinion is appreciated, your Corp has little to no stake in this affair as you are already on relatively good terms (or at least friendly terms) with all Corps involved. Since you are not partaking in the conflict, any disarming agreement should not necessarily invite any consequence for your Corp. If you take issue to the morals of attacking new players or other piracy-based behavior, your audience is not with me, and does not relate to the substance of this Standard.
Hostilities between [LOEP], [SPQNR], and [PF] shall cease indefinitely, assuming no further provocations are undertaken.This topic would best be settled between PF and the rest of us. Is it a demand or an offer of Peace?I am not aware of an armed conflict between PF and EOS. I therefore do not understand the substance of the phrase "the rest of us". It is an offer.
The Mutual Mining Agreement is reinstated to full effect.The Empire has always respected this. I am aware of that. Once again, this is not meant for EOS. I am under the impression that, despite EOS compliance, the fact that many other Corps are currently not observing the Agreement would denigrate the significance of the former. In that sense, you should be advocating for the renewed adoption of the Agreement.

To summarize: PF is currently fighting a relatively limited traditional war against SPQNR and LOEP. LOEP, from my understanding, is waging all-out war against all new players and virtually 95% of the playerbase. The Treaty would serve the sole purpose of eliminating these conflicts. I don't quite see how EOS factors into the calculus, and would not see a reason to compel EOS to do anything.

This agreement is chiefly intended to be an offer extended to [SPQNR] and [LOEP]. Once again, while the opinion of EOS is respected and acknowledged, I find no way that this treaty would possibly affect EOS at all. The objective of this is to, at least in the primary stages, create optimal conditions for increased play by new players (even if that means they have to be within a large corp *at first*), such that there is greater incentive to develop and work on the game. In my opinion, destroying AG has no purpose. It will not invite SirEmi to resume development of the game, and is a massive waste of time for those partaking in these activities.

As a corp, we are not attacking nor targeting new players, but instead solely acting against those we have traditional conflicts with (SPQNR and LOEP). We have not touched an ounce of EOS property, and do not intend on doing so. Our goal, to reiterate, is to revert to the status quo ante, where piracy is frowned upon and newer members are given guidance and sanctuary within our Corps. We seek to revise the toxic climate, and instill a cleaner, more welcoming environment, with the ultimate end goal of incentivizing development on AG. I understand PF had engaged in various forms of piracy when our power ratings were <10M, but we are far larger than that, and practicing piracy nowadays would simply be a less extreme version of LOEP's activities.

Piracy will always be inevitable. As larger corps, let's not do it.

Herod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 01:57:51 AM »

All right, this is my personal two-penneth worth.
• All corps currently involved in the conflict, particularly [LOEP] and [PF], renounce the right to piracy and the unprovoked attacking of ships.
I don't believe SPQNR is directly involved in a conflict. Occasionally, PF (aka Caker) attacks one of our players, but it's minor in the grand scheme of things. I also don't believe any current member of SPQNR indulges in piracy or unprovoked attacks. If for no other reason than the benefits are puny compared with other ways of achieving success.
• Operation Scorched Earth ceases, or at least ceases to apply to any member of any of the 10 largest corps.
Nothing to do with us.
• [PF] uses its military capabilities solely in pursuit of COM missions and any associated NPC missions, but reserves the right to use military force for self-defense purposes.
By all means. Fill your boots.
• Hostilities between [LOEP], [SPQNR], and [PF] shall cease indefinitely, assuming no further provocations are undertaken.
I don't believe we've indulged in any hostilities. You must be thinking of PF.
• The Mutual Mining Agreement is reinstated to full effect.
Nothing to do with us.
Jonrovian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 04:54:49 PM »

I agree with Herod.

No one who is currently in SPQNR considers themselves to be in a war with PF.

As far as I know, no current SPQNR member has ever attacked any member of PF in well over a year.   Additionally as far as I know, other than caker, no one else in PF has attacked any member of SPQNR in the same time period.

caker does continue to occasionally discover and make unprovoked attacks on our members, much as he has done for a long time.  It is definitely an inconvenience, especially when trying to do mining.   We simply consider him as a pain in the bu# pirate.

I fully support LOEP in their war stance with PF.   This has been ongoing ever since a PF member (Likely caker himself) hacked into a departed spqnr members account and masqueraded as him for numerous months and then after obtaining control of several of our corp ships, and removing all the high level mods, switched the corp of that hacked account to PF.  In doing that he made off with a large number of high value mods from spqnr, and started the 'war' that caker is talking about.   In fact caker should be credited with the birth of LOEP since it was entirely his pirating and hacking actions which caused the more aggressive members of spqnr to break off and form their own corps and no longer be encumbered by the rather slow and time consuming diplomacy process of spqnr.  

Much as a leopard can't change its spots, I doubt that caker could ever change his ways, and I suspect that much of the assetts that PF controls that did not come from pirating, came from that or other similar incidents of hacking into inactive player accounts.

On the other hand, I do agree with caker on a few points.  Being a very powerful pirate, and attacking players to take and or destroy their assetts would detract from the attacked  players desire to play the game.   I know that when he attacked me several times with a 300M + power ship, and took numerous mods that I had spent the previous year building, I had considered throwing in the towel, however I was convinced instead to switch to COM fighting.   At least if only doing COMS, the ship will simply jump to the safe zone and though you may loose marines, and cargo, and a few days of time, you won't loose mods so it just becomes an inconvenience.

I for one am extremely happy that LOEP has been giving caker a taste of his own medicine, and has been distracting him enough that  I am able to carry on with my own peaceful growth within Astro Galaxy.

I would also be very happy if the scenario that caker describes where all hostilities were to cease could occur, and life in AG would return to how it was before, however that scenario is totally out of spqnr hands.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 05:25:22 PM by Jonrovian » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 02:21:19 PM »

thank you Jonrovian, I could not have said it better.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: