Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 01:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Standard for Discussion  (Read 8219 times)
CliffClavin
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 04:08:45 PM »

Umm did I rejoin the game at a bad time.
Report to moderator   Logged

"The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space."
JOHN F. KENNEDY, speech at Rice University, September 12, 1962
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 06:47:54 PM »

As neither SPQNR nor LOEP, and EOS seems to be amenable to negotiations to cease hostilities, it seems as if the differences are irreconcilable.

I understand that SPQNR still retains some degree of influence over LOEP, and the relationship between the two is cordial at worst. The fact that EOS has sided with SPQNR on this issue is, at best, disappointing. Hence, we will eliminate the policy of solely attacking SPQNR and LOEP, and revert to every-man-for-himself.

Because we offered a no-fault cessation to hostilities, the likes of which have been unceremoniously rejected, any further losses incurred by either party will not be accepted as damages under any future agreement.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:04:51 PM by caker18 » Report to moderator   Logged

Heyo! Join PF for a 30 QP compensation after 3 weeks and confirmation that you're going to stay!
Herod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 05:08:04 AM »

I'm not even convinced you've read any of the posts. It's difficult to fathom how you can misinterpret so much in so few words:
1. SPQNR has not committed any hostilities against you. The hostility comes 100% from your side, so we have nothing to cease and nothing to negotiate.
2. I consider the relationship between SPQNR and LOEP to be very cordial, but SPQNR retains no influence over LOEP. They do their own thing and respect to them.
3. EOS hasn't 'sided' with SPQNR – Sargas merely gave his very reasonable take on the situation and outlined his own corporation's stance.
As I say, nothing to negotiate. Just stop attacking our members and chances are we'll continue to ignore you and get on with our own thing.
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 08:28:58 AM »

During diplomatic discussions, caker18 attacked and destroyed two stations, 'Vince's Crab Shack' at Epsilon Sirius and the Historical (longest established retail station in the known galaxy)
'Joe's Bar & Grill'
Tthe Empire has changed his corps status from NAP to Active Pirate.

[PF] has attacked the Empire and has been placed on our active pirate list. Any PF'er is now a sanctioned target.
The Imperial citizens are voting on whether [PF] is just a distraction or a walk-on player in the war.

(Edit just to prove that it is me.)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 10:17:25 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 12:21:12 PM »

I'm not even convinced you've read any of the posts. It's difficult to fathom how you can misinterpret so much in so few words:
1. SPQNR has not committed any hostilities against you. The hostility comes 100% from your side, so we have nothing to cease and nothing to negotiate.
2. I consider the relationship between SPQNR and LOEP to be very cordial, but SPQNR retains no influence over LOEP. They do their own thing and respect to them.
3. EOS hasn't 'sided' with SPQNR – Sargas merely gave his very reasonable take on the situation and outlined his own corporation's stance.
As I say, nothing to negotiate. Just stop attacking our members and chances are we'll continue to ignore you and get on with our own thing.

Unfortunately, per Jonrovian's post:
I fully support LOEP in their war stance with PF.

Per Sargas' post:
thank you Jonrovian, I could not have said it better

Whilst Jonrovian speaks on his own terms, Sargas represents his Corp. We find it unusual that a Corp with a NAP would sponsor or advocate for a proxy war against the target Corp. This amounts to little less than betrayal.

While Herod claims to not have any influence over LOEP, I find this position untenable. The reason why this round of negotiations specifically involved LOEP *and* SPQNR is because it is clear that should SPQNR truly intend on reverting back to the SQA, they have the ways and means to do so. While it may have been unclear, the collective inclusion of SPQNR is with the intention of concluding a cross-cutting treaty.

Since SPQNR evidently lacks the will to make any assay into the no-fault re-institution of neutral or favorable relations, in spite of the "inconvenience", it appears as if we must irritate them some more. Same goes for EOS.

Heyo! Join PF for a 30 QP compensation after 3 weeks and confirmation that you're going to stay!
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 12:40:53 PM »

Why did you bring the Empire into this b*****it in the first place?
And WHY did you attack me? Is it because you didn't like what I said?
i
If there is even the smallest chance of peaceful relations now, you truly need to explain your actions at the Summit Meeting.

You really want to upset and offend one of the most respected, honest, fair, and helpful corporations in the Known Galaxy (KG)?

The Empire has already survived wars in the KG!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 12:48:01 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Herod
Private

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 02:57:46 PM »

So, to summarise:
1. Caker asks for peace with SPQNR and LOEP.
2. I point out SPQNR is not attacking him and that I'm not really interested in attacking him if he leaves SPQNR players alone.
3. Rather than taking the partial victory, Caker announces he's going to continue attacking SPQNR and, for good measure, going to start attacking EOS as well.
Nice negotiating there, Gandhi.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 10:12:52 AM »

awaiting your response, caker...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:15:11 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 11:04:20 PM »

The EOS issue was my error. I am willing to compensate for the issue if necessary.

Unfortunately, SPQNR and LOEP are too closely linked. We cannot implement a ceasefire if, effectively, the consequences would be effectively the same as if SPQNR were to attack.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2022, 08:51:42 AM »

What are you offering in compensation? I will take it to the proper Imperial Department for approval.

The ambiance at Joe's cannot easily be  recovered
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 02:02:18 AM »

What are you offering in compensation? I will take it to the proper Imperial Department for approval.

The ambiance at Joe's cannot easily be  recovered

Your quote, we can negotiate further if necessary

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2022, 10:51:02 AM »

Ok, it's 'further'. What are you offering?
caker18
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2022, 07:12:12 PM »

I need to know your quote first. If you ask me, we start at $100M solari. I'm not sure you're willing to accept that, so put in a counteroffer.

sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2022, 09:01:36 PM »

How do you propose the exchange?

The amount can be discussed later after we figure out how to cross corporate trade.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2022, 07:59:15 PM »

voting has ended.
 it was close (1 vote). there will be no war.

[PF] remains a sanctioned target and carries a bounty, but the Empire will not declare war at this time.

All 'Letters-of-Marque' are rescinded (Imperials cannot get the bounty payment).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: