Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 01:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 44013 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »

Q: What is the first thing to do when starting out?
A: You start with a small ship with an interplanetary drive and a few cargo bay modules. Dock with the orbital "SOL Commodity Exchange" and click "Bulletin board". Transport a few settlers within the Sol system and try and reach 15,000 solars finances.

Q: I need fuel cells to travel. Where do I get those?
A: All travel requires Fuel Cells. You can buy Fuel Cells from the "SOL Commodity Exchange" station or you can Convert minerals and gas into fuel cells.

Q: Ok, I have 15,000 solars, what now?
A: Dock with "SOL Ship Maintenance" facility in the orbit of Earth, sell one cargo bay module and fit a "Wormhole Generator Mk I" instead. Then dock with the "SOL Commodity Exchange" and try to take an Interstellar mission contract. Make sure you get Fuel Cells to cover the return trip, or else you'll have to issue a distress signal and buy fuel at a higher price.

Q: Why is it taking so long for the ship to reach my destination?
A: Astro Galaxy is a realistic space exploration game. Ship travel time is in real time, however you can install additional engines that will reduce the travel time but you will consume more fuel.

Q: How do I get Research Points?
A: You have to purchase Science Lab modules and hire personnel for it. You can get as many as you can afford, the labs can be deployed on ships, rocky planets, stations. You will receive RP each hour from your science labs, that you can then invest into new technology.

Q: I have researched a new level of technology, what can I do with it now?
A: You can now Mark Upgrade modules to your latest tech level, or you can build new modules up to your tech level. Ships have manufacturing bays that can be used to build / upgrade new modules. A ship size determines the number of manufacturing bays. You will need minerals and gases to manufacture / upgrade and it takes some time.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:19:14 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Borg!
Sergeant First Class

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 12:31:30 PM »

Why do I get nothing rewarded for winning a battle?
Report to moderator   Logged

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »

Why do I get nothing rewarded for winning a battle?

I'm still working on the rewards and the battle system... it takes the wrecks from the battle and the winner will get loot as minerals / gases scattered from the battlefield.

highlandknight
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »

awwww poor borg gets nothing good. Lets learn all about the game first before you start with you attacking.
Borg!
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 11:15:20 PM »

I already learned the game quite well 1 I've killed off about 5 people until I realized I was just losing personnel and not gaining anything out of it.

Borg!
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

Another Questing Emi.

Is there any way to set what your mining facilities mine, or is it random and/or based upon where on the planet/moon your station is?

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »

Another Questing Emi.

Is there any way to set what your mining facilities mine, or is it random and/or based upon where on the planet/moon your station is?

You can set the mining yourself, when you drop the module on the surface a random resource is selected but after just click "Surface" then "Command" on each module and select what you want to mine. Some resources are more valuable then others and will bring more cash / hour. You can see the rarity by the price tag of each resource from the SOL Commodity Exchange. Mining diamonds or uranium or the rare gases like Radon / Xeon would be the most valuable activity. Also the depth of the resource for minerals, height for gases affects the mining time a bit.

For best results, research the MK and try and upgrade your mining modules...

Also, don't forget you need to unload the module when it reaches the maximum capacity of 100 m3, that's where a station comes in handy as it can unload the resource straight to it's cargo bay...

Borg!
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 12:28:07 PM »

Oh thanks. Also I have been stealing from my mines while I'm out in the galaxy. But I didn't know you could change what you're mining. that's very helpful.

Borg!
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 04:45:38 AM »

Planetary modules.

Are you unable to put planetary modules on gasious planets? because I was trying to make Jupiter inter my own personal Research lab filled planet.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 11:30:36 AM »

Planetary modules.

Are you unable to put planetary modules on gasious planets? because I was trying to make Jupiter inter my own personal Research lab filled planet.

There is no surface to land on gas planets. You can only put atmospheric harvesting modules on it atm. Part of the realistic environments.

Also, on asteroid belts you can only put mining facility modules due to the rough environment.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:33:08 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

mikal_spono
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »

crud... i didn't know modules were scraped if left on a protected planet... i'm such a newb confused (i would say noob but i don't know if that word is tolerated here)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »

crud... i didn't know modules were scraped if left on a protected planet... i'm such a newb confused (i would say noob but i don't know if that word is tolerated here)

Yes Venus is a SEA protectorate, there's a warning about that, but it's ok you get solars for it like it would be if you sold it.

You don't need to wait for the module to produce a cubic meter, just deploy it, issue a switch mining command, and then scoop it back up for that SEA step.

If you don't want to travel back to Earth, you can call a salvage ship by clicking Bridge->Navigation and in the lower area click on "Salvage ship" where it says "Distress signals". It costs a bit more to install the mining facility though.

If nothing else, you can always restart the game and SEA course if you think it's too big of a mistake.
Once you graduate the SEA to full captain rank, you won't be able to start again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:35:53 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Spartacus
Private

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »

What happens if I have more than 3 ship or station and my VIP end.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:29:24 PM by Spartacus » Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 11:06:51 AM »

What happens if I have more than 3 ship or station and my VIP end.

Nothing happens, you don't lose anything but you might only be able to activate the first 3 ships or command the first 3 stations, unitl VIP is active again.

Morgwen Dubhspiriag
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »

At what level do each of the Techs max out?
-- I know the Def/Off Tactics max is 5, but was
wondering about the rest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: