Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 07:08:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [IMG]  (Read 44727 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 05:30:32 AM »

lol right, coming from the group that has at least 2 donators...i believe u..but when ever ur ready...

Small donators, like you know buy VIP, and some officers, buy a titan to jump start.... not on the order of your $1500+ a month buy the farm mentality.

And lets not forget your supposed OCD I click every 3 seconds 18hrs a day guy that apparently has access to hundreds of IPs from home. Seeing as I work in IT, and work with ISPs that just not how it works.... give it a test, release your IP from your cable modem/DSL and reacquire. You have a 99.9% chance of getting the same IP back. Funny how that works...Because ISPs use DHCP to assign IPs and DHCP servers set a lease time for the IP (using your unique MAC address), if you renew your IP before the lease has ended you will most likely get the same one back. And just for fun, if you do totally release the IP. Unless someone happens to request an IP in the instant you have none, you will get the same one back.

But this as this is fair game in the game apperently... don't fret our 2 small guys and small donations.

As I said give me a bit of time, Ill get there...till then your small fries are our gravy when seen. Just as you guys say don't mine in Sol...perhaps you should warn your members the same...

Kerbos is the one with the OCD. Not Wolfdoc. Your definitely an IT tech alright. It proves it by you not having your facts straight there. Just like what has happened any time in the past when I have had to call for tech support. I would also like to point out that Kerbos doesn't live in the US or even the UK. It may work a little different where he is at. I am no expert but I can't say for certain. Of course changing one's IP address or at least the one you show to the world can be done easy enough if you know what you are doing.  FYI it is possible to change that unique MAC address. Which could allow you to get a different IP address if you reset your modem.  In case your wondering why WolfDoc donates so much though, it is because he is a friend of Emi's. He wants to help Emi's game. He also doesn't mind sharing the wealth every now and then to players who can't afford to donate. Those who could actually use some extra help.

As for our guys mining in Sol. I have warned them not to. They know the risk. If someone gets them in 0,0 it is their own fault for mining there.  Some miners can be a bit stubborn though and it takes a bit of a push to get them to actually mine elsewhere and move outward in the galaxy. Let's face it if a player just stays in that area, they aren't going to grow very fast. Even without pirates raiding, the resources there aren't that great and their progression is likely to be slow. The COM Missions and SOS missions are also low paying in that area compared to further out. Once you start doing stuff further out, you start to progress faster in the game. How many in your Corp would have gotten themselves in gear and actually moved further out and improved yourselves more if it wasn't for people attempting to raid your mines? Perhaps you would have. Maybe even Dadds would have. But I am sure there are at least one or two in your Corp that wouldn't have.  People like to talk about the bad sides of positive. But few like to talk about the positive effects it can have. That right there is one. Another is that the game would get really boring if it wasn't for people raiding others. I know we don't like each other.  I know we aren't going to likely get along any time soon. But honestly this war breaking out is the most exciting thing to happen in this game yet. Other Corps are watching and waiting to see what will happen next. The news release by Dadds was a nice touch.  As was the one I did. Stuff like that helps to keep people entertained and updated on what is going on. Not to mention it is kind of fun. I think regardless of what happens here, at least some of us are going to have some fun with this. I know I am having fun already. As are some people in other Corps who are enjoying following what is going on.  I do have one thing though to say about you Aysle. You at least do seem to show some respect. I appreciate that. Dadds on the other hand doesn't.  That right there is the reason why negotiations broke down like they have.  I try to show everyone a measure of respect whether I like them or not.  Even when they show me disrespect, I try to show them at least a little. That is just the kind of person I am. That said, I will only tolerate being disrespected so much.  There is a line and he crossed it.  I could sort of understand though his attitude with me. He hates pirates. But he has shown this attitude with other people on the forum as well. So I can't help but believe that if he hadn't crossed the line with me that he would have crossed the line with someone else. Maybe not even a pirate. Maybe another miner.

Fact is respect is respect.  It goes a long way. There are other people in other Corps that could tell you that I am respectful to them.  I am not rude with them. I don't cop and attitude with them. When there is a dispute we sit down and talk about it like mature adults. We don't act like an immature teenager. To be honest Aysle, between you and Dadds, I would say you are more suited to lead that Corp then he is.  You try to remain calm, rational and show some respect. That is something that makes a good leader.  People like Dadds on the other hand, often times lead their troops into their own destruction.  I have seen leaders like him on other games I have played online. The result was usually the same. The alliance was either crushed by a larger would who was insulted by the leader and or some of their members or they would all eventually start to bicker and argue and one by one they would leave until the alliance was split up.  In some cases the members would just straight up quit the game.  One of those futures is what I see right now with IMG as long as Dadds is running things.

To Dadds, I didn't mean any disrespect towards you. I was just stating things how they look to me and how they look to others I have talked to. If you wish to reply you may reply of course. But I ask you at least show some respect. Otherwise I request you just let Aysle do the talking. I really don't feel like being disrespected again.
Report to moderator   Logged
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 06:33:28 AM »

To save space and so we don't start quoting 10+ posts, Im going to skip quoting this time...

Jam, re-read what I posted, Yes I know it is Kerbos with the "OCD" (was just leaving out the name as it has been well discussed on these forums), Wolfdoc is the huge donator. As I said Wolfdoc donates alot and you have a guy that has OCD, two different people. Anyways... Perhaps the cause as to why it is now taking alot more votes to be rewarded by a QP because this situation....

And no Im not a basic IT tech... My line of work is in IT architecture design. Extremely large networks (10k+ nodes) and large data centers (25k+ on-site servers).

--- Technical junk----
Also FYI the basic underlying protocols of the internet work the same all over the world. Yes you can change your mac address easily, but each extra step adds time so we are really pushing it. Change the mac, release IP, get new IP, vote for 5 sites in a 3 second window.

FYI the voting mechanism here doesn't recognize the vote till 1000ms has passed AFTER you clicked on something on the voting page, even with opening a new tab for each of the 5 votes, you now have to click each tab and click something... Don't know how fast your hand is but thats atleast 1-2 seconds. Better we not add-in a unplug / plug back in the router (and router reboot - tons of time). But lets just consider the network cable unplug/replug. That will add time to. Physical movements. OSI level of reacquiring a connection (its not instant). Try this out, unplug the network cable from your router and see how long it takes till the internet works again. 1-3 seconds and thats pretty good. But he was supposed to vote 5x in that time...  Anyways we could argue this matter forever. SirEmi has his reasons why this is ok, and I mostly am ok with them. Higher votes on the sites more players for us, better game for us.

--- End Technical junk----

Great for Wolfdoc donating so much. If I didn't have children and a college fund to worry about I perhaps would donate more... But I  also prefer to spend large amounts of $$ in RL.

Yes we have given you guys credit for banding us together. I will say thank you for that. Even though I was never a victim of piracy I heard the tales. I was lucky enough to be helped out when I started out and avoided the raids. I actually tagged along with the rest of our corp while they moved outta Sol and went deep space. If I didn't happen to be talking to them in Sol chat at the right time I would of missed the boat.

Ah HA, finally the admission of WAR  laugh  Anyways yes, its the most exciting thing happening here. Makes the game more fun just as our News Releases and our Shock & Awe opening salvo. Yes that was TOTAL overkill. How else do you start a war? Not with a rock in a sling shot.

Remember also we are miners so the cost of the nukes was free 1. We earned the resources to make the nukes with mining instead of buying them outright.

As for respect, well its a difference of opinion there. Respect is earned not given. Guess you could call Dadds & I bad cop/good cop. We work well together. I like to write long posts (just as you did) whereas Dadds shoots from the hip. I personally crack up at his sarcasm as well.

I look forward to the activity going forward. I look forward to how this conflict effects the other corps and makes us all more engaged in the game. Its no fun to play if the others aren't playing to.

So, to finish this out as I do need to get some sleep. I await your reply and the engagement it will bring. Happy Hunting to all
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 06:55:01 AM »

Aysle your post didn't say it wasn't Wolfdoc either on the voting thing. So it looked like you were talking about him. I doubt I am the only one to read it that way. But I agree on dropping the subject of voting. You have seen my opinion on how the voting is on other post right now.  I wouldn't have called the cost of the nukes free. It took time to mine all that. As they say time is money. lol. It was a good opening shot and I had told Madmark earlier on to not mining in 0,0. So I can't fault you for taking a shot when you could. It is war after all.  From your post I am glad you are taking things in a good spirit as I am. With your attitude you might actually be able to hold that Corp together.  As for dadds acting the bad cop. Acting the bad cop is one thing, showing disrespect is another.  A leader should always show some level of respect. I can say though that you have earned mine. Dadds on the other hand hasn't, but I am not going to sit around bashing him either or being rude.  I am not going to sink to that level.  On the subject of respect, that was my main issue with Raz. Hell I was going to keep the issue with him one on one. But I felt you guys should be let known about it. I also figured the forum is a good chance to show your new alliance what kind of people you are. Also I wasn't going to actively hunt him down.  But that is the past now and things have grown bigger.  I hope at least through out all of this at least you and I can at least keep our words Civil. As for Dadds, if he can't I would at least like to ask he refrain from saying much. I don't wish to sit and argue. I think most of us are grown adults so I can't see why we can't act like such.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 09:52:46 AM »

LOL we are all going a way off topic and OOC here but jam, i reccommend if you dont know what you are talking about, not any expert, etc etc, i would stop running that flap of skin you are yacking with, and put it to some other more effective purpose.

Kerbos is the one with the OCD. Not Wolfdoc. Your definitely an IT tech alright. It proves it by you not having your facts straight there. Just like what has happened any time in the past when I have had to call for tech support. I would also like to point out that Kerbos doesn't live in the US or even the UK. It may work a little different where he is at. I am no expert but I can't say for certain. Of course changing one's IP address or at least the one you show to the world can be done easy enough if you know what you are doing.  FYI it is possible to change that unique MAC address. Which could allow you to get a different IP address if you reset your modem.  In case your wondering why WolfDoc donates so much though, it is because he is a friend of Emi's. He wants to help Emi's game. He also doesn't mind sharing the wealth every now and then to players who can't afford to donate. Those who could actually use some extra help.
Lets revise this comment for example and break it down.

I would also like to point out that Kerbos doesn't live in the US or even the UK. It may work a little different where he is at.
Hmmm a 3rd world country that is using a different protocol and deliveries than TCP/UDP/IP i wonder how he is talking to us? I think there are aliens amongst us with alien technologies

Of course changing one's IP address or at least the one you show to the world can be done easy enough if you know what you are doing.
Of course, in the old days its called ip spoofing. similar in concept to how NAT works and considered at best very poor form. Used to be a way of getting back into chat rooms that someone banned you from for being a ....well, royal pain to put it politely. Nowadays we have a new version of protocol coming in, opening up many more IP addresses,  called ipv6 to provide the world with enough chat lines for this rubbish to work on
FYI it is possible to change that unique MAC address.
yeah, get a new network card. Other than that, please let me know how you manage it, i am pretty sure the Feds will be very interested to ask you the same questions. at the least, FCC or whichever authority exists to regulate network fraud in your respective countries. Pretty sure that would put you on the list of wanted to talk to hackers
In case your wondering why WolfDoc donates so much though, it is because he is a friend of Emi's. He wants to help Emi's game. He also doesn't mind sharing the wealth every now and then to players who can't afford to donate. Those who could actually use some extra help.
If he wants to help why doesnt he just give/gift the money away for further game development, or ask to come on board as a developer, instead of building up in an impossible timeframe for any other pilot, donator or free player. I am a donator as well, giving a 10$ gift as well, to try to keep pace with game and speed a few components of the game up a bit to where they become more interesting. Personally, i dont care what a person does or doesnt do with his money, that is his choice, and its not correct to discuss this with anyone but him, but dont try to tell us its for ultruistic reasons when he has such personal power, while his "pirate come miners" are getting wacked by hunters.

My two bobs worth, for what its worth. get back on topic or open another thread. this isnt the place for this

Dadds

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2013, 10:44:56 AM »

[quoteTo Dadds, I didn't mean any disrespect towards you. I was just stating things how they look to me and how they look to others I have talked to. If you wish to reply you may reply of course. But I ask you at least show some respect. Otherwise I request you just let Aysle do the talking. I really don't feel like being disrespected again.][/quote]
and yet from another post thread:
It is the actions of a foolish man who like to run his mouth. If he is a man at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he was just some teenager.
and shall we go for yet another?
It is because of their leader Dadds. Unfortunately he kept getting more rude with each post. He even went as far as being rude to Captain Norill who hadn't done anything to him or his Corp. He isn't a pirate, he isn't anything. He is just enjoying the game and learning about it. It is one thing to shoot down an idea, it is another to be rude to them. That of course prompted Norill to make fun of the offer IMG made us.
On that one you bring in your friend Norill, who is infact an alt of ffffffffffffffff of [PRKL] also friends with you, wolf and [PMI]
i can keep on quoting and finding areas where, in my opinion, you are disrespectful towards me, both you and your colleagues. i dont cry about it. if you dont want me to reply, dont post against my posts with insults. i am a trained flamer (do not even go there with your homophobic responses to that ambiguous term, in this context it means to war with sarcastic words)

OOC-To bring you all back to the basics, this is a game. I am to the most part trying to play a roll or character. You want to play the polite thief and vagabond, like the scarlet pimple uhhh pimpernickle something like that. Well my roll is your exact polar, the never-do-wrong to the innocent, morally steadfast and unswerving captain of a miners corporation that is doing it tough, have had hard knocks, and has a real attitude toward the pirate lifestyle. A whitty, dry humor with extreme sarcasm toward those that come here to play. I am not here for popularity votes, i dont play on facebook with likes/dislikes. i dont care if you dont like me, that is your choice, your loss. I am playing a game, you bring it personal or try to. And take it personal. I put it down to cultural and age differences, and a particular syle that is not for all fainthearted sensitives.

You are to me like a jeckle and hyde, posting how nice you are and such, then go off and attack someone personally. At least my character stays along the same fashion.
Why do you think i stepped back to ask Aysle to communicate our terms, cause i knew there was nothing i could say would help. However even his input was rejected by you. Now you want to get all friendly and back-slapping with my 2IC? lol If i sum up one word that can describe you best, jamjul, is inconsistent. Nothing personal, just an observance. If you are going to have a stance, stand for it. Anything less gets my disdain. To quote as Aysle says, "respect is not a given, it is to be earned" You came into my thread to pick a fight. You failed to do your research and got one. Object achieved.

Yes i am trying to spice the game up, and in some ways its working. people are forming factions, opinions, sides. All sorts of overt and covert talks are happening. Mostly though its just your corp and our corp, David and Goliath, that are butting heads. One of us will have to back down i wonder what the odds are on the gambling page lol
Otherways the threads are just getting nastier and personal and taking some of the fun out of the game.

Hopefully the game will head towards having more fun, but not if these threads keep growing in nastiness. I used to play a game called Jumpgate many years ago, no longer around unfortunately. that was fun with factions and wars and miners, pirates, warriors. while more video enhanced than this one and seat of your pants, a similar concept
Guess which type of character i chose: a miner/merchant that builds things. also anti pirate raiding. no surprises there. My character doesnt change much, cause much of what i put into a game is myself.

Dadds [IMG]

Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »

FYI it is possible to change that unique MAC address.
yeah, get a new network card. Other than that, please let me know how you manage it, i am pretty sure the Feds will be very interested to ask you the same questions. at the least, FCC or whichever authority exists to regulate network fraud in your respective countries. Pretty sure that would put you on the list of wanted to talk to hackers
woah, i had a good laugh reading this. let me quote you once again:
i reccommend if you dont know what you are talking about, not any expert, etc etc, i would stop running that flap of skin you are yacking with, and put it to some other more effective purpose.
btw, great example of hypocrisy. recommending someone to shut up if he doesnt know what is he talking about AND doing it yourself in the same post, bravo.

as for the fast IP changing part - some ISPs have a policy to allocate completely new IPs every time user connects, opposite to "sticky dynamic IP". they usually provide a premium option to buy a static IP. but im still not entirely convinced that Kerberos sits all day and manually resets his router.

on a side note - im glad to hear something from Aysle. man, you seem to know how to do the talking. you should be IMG's spokesman. or better, leave that corp :D
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 05:14:59 PM »

Dadds I see what the issue is now. Your trying to RP. This game isn't an RP. I am not trying to get into character or anything. I am a person expressing my opinions. I am not trying to be anything more then I am. You will find a lot of people don't sit here and RP in character as is. Especially when dealing with matters of diplomacy with other corps. I don't treat what happens in the game like I would in the real world. After all it is just a game. In the real world I would never steal anything from anyone. But I do try to negotiate things that would be best for my corps and try to handle myself as I would in reality.  I show respect.  Yes I have taken shots at you. That is because of your blatant disrespect to me. Though I didn't mean it to disrespect you. That is just how I see you. Or how I see your "character" you seem to be RPing. You have only yourself to blame for me thinking that though. Yes respect has to be earned. But no one can earn respect first without showing some in the first place. I have for the most part showed you some respect. More then you really have deserved. What have you, sorry your "Character" done,  you have just shown disrespect repeatedly to me. Tell you what. If your going to talk to me, just talk to me as yourself. Especially on here.  I don't mind the little news releases how they are. They are entertaining. But I would rather talk you as some person rather then a made up character. BTW who ever said Norill was my friend? Who ever said I was friends with PRQL?  Yes I have had some contact with some of them. I have also raided them in the past.  They are neither my friends nor my enemies. We are neutral with one another.

Yes Norill you are correct about that. I couldn't remember what parts of the world still did that or not.  It is possible they do that where Kerbos is at. I can't say for certain since I am not there.
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »

Hey JJL,

Just wondering why your getting caught up on this respect thing.

I hardly expect to get any straight up respect for how i choose to play. And quite frankly IMHO between you me and the door post, neither I nor you, or anyone else for that matter that preys on the week really actually deserves any.

Perhapes i could get some grudging respect for my game skillz... but none for me as this character, because, hey, Im a pirate... and who in their right mind is going to hold me in high regard or esteme for stealing from them? Why should my victims have to show any regard or for my feelings, or wishes, when i have so blatantly shown none for theirs?

Now i do feel, no i state unequivocally that i and every other player in the game has the right to be dealt with politely, but I am in no way expecting anyones respect.

IMG is a corp hell bent on taking retribution against pirates. PMI is a corp that actively supports and engages in piracy... you guys are never goning to get on. Enough of this war of words already, show us what the both of you are made off!
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »

JJL lets try to reconstruct the moments just before the big bang...i am a new recruit, straight out from SEA training. the corps isnt really a corps that i understand it. We meet, we drink and have a yarn about how many drones we shot in training...and then i think well, its probably not great to set up around sol cause i am a late starter and already there are scarey pilots/pirates out there so i head off thinking, i need a place to call home. My main error was thinking i was far enough out. You see, when you are a new player and your range and time to calculate a jump are huge, you cant get too far. i got far enough out to be safe for about a week, when my world come crashing down on me. Not by your squad admittedly, but by a similar group of black-hearted criminals. They destroyed my first module, reasoning was, cause it was mining Iron. Sorry to all those pirates out there who dont profit from looting iron mines.....how was i supposed to know i was going to be their farm.
Then they continued to multi-target me until my system was stripped and i lost everything except what i could gather up while being smashed to the safe zone. After it was all over, i didnt have the fuel to limp back to sol for repair. I didnt have the sols to pay for fuel to limp to sol. The only thing i could do was hit the vote tabs to get 1k of sol at a time until i could afford to get back to home. Just because i mined iron.
Now you talk about respect i can show you the pm's i received after i got hit. Pretty much i was going to quit this game after about a week of playing (out of SEA)
You guys find it entertaining it seems, to smash an individual like that, and almost made me throw up my hands in disgust that a game is allowed to operate that way.

A few kind words and remarks from other new sol members made me stick it out for a day or two, and i watched and learned quickly, who were those terrorists.
When i finally make a call to leave my starting corps to venture out by my lonesome, i had met a few like-minded guys and so i asked them if they want to come along, they are welcome.
i didnt need anyone to follow me, i didnt care if they did or not. i made my choice to go it alone. i didnt have to pay them or promise them riches, just the ideal of being left alone from the threat of extermination.
To my surprise and delight, several pm's hit my box asking for an invite, so we set about a bold plan to build away from sol.
Naturally my next move was to form some sort of constitution. a corp law as such. Something we can stand by and hold true. Of course it had to include, not treating others as we were treated in the start.
Then along came you, and started waving guns in the air and threatening one of my members, who couldnt defend against you.

You tell me which pilot has been disrespected the most. I just defend my territories and my stance. It is unmoveable.

Oh and i wont post any more quotes, but you say this game isnt a rp? what is declaring yourself a pirate crew all about if it isnt roll play? again, i see such inconsistencies in your arguments. maybe i should have quit that first week and found a more consistent player group of gamers to be with, but now i have commitments to see things through for my corp buddies.

Sure i use sarcasm, i am an aussie, we use it all the time. The best usually reserved for the best of friends. If you post an opinion here that is inconsistent, expect that i am going to tackle it for what it is. Not once did you send a PM to me to tell me you had issues with one of my crew. You chose to take it public and threaten my stance and challenge me over it. What else is a leader going to do? "Oh, sure ok np, you can attack razgrIz since u have issue with him, just dont hit any of my other members"
Was that what you wanted?
Remove all your claims to KoS on any of our squad now and accept Aysles counter proposal 2nd option, or i can guarantee you, things wont go to your plans. Actually. things arent going to your plan since we remain safe, and you got 2-3 pirate body bags to deal with.; Many more count to come

Dadds

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »

And in response to Norill or ffffffffffffffffff (did i miss an f? or too many?)
btw, great example of hypocrisy. recommending someone to shut up if he doesnt know what is he talking about AND doing it yourself in the same post, bravo.
What gives you the impresson i dont know what i am talking about? have you seen my resume? I have been involved in communications longer than you have been born. Go ahead and validate your argument . I would be happy to hear what you have to say, provided it isnt just the nonsense just as you just posted. JJL posts he is no expert, then continues on with dribble. it gets a flame. Tell me what you think Norill. Are you an expert? maybe we can swap ideas lol. Feel free to validate your credentials here, rather than just pick and poke with nonsensical argument. You are just that little annoying bug that buzzes around when your hands are full. Post something inciteful Norill, show me that you can hold an intelligent conversation

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 05:29:53 PM »

There was always another option early on in our negotiations with us that you could have done. It is one I would have done. I would have contacted Raz about it and made him get in touch and reascend the declaration of war and apologize to the person he cussed out. Hell if he had been nicer in his very first message I might have offered to give him compensation for his loss. Or if he hadn't declared war on my entire Corp I would have just left him alone. He had a good reason to be mad at me. But they didn't do a thing to him. Yes he was small and couldn't really do anything, but I take all threats against my Corp seriously. Just as you do.

I understand why you dislike pirates so much. The way that group was operating was not a good way to operate. I don't just destroy a mine or harvester because they are mining something crappy. Hell if I see a better resource on the planet I sometimes PM them and suggest they mine the more valuable ore instead.  I also posted a list of tips for newbies here on the forum. Just because someone is a pirate doesn't mean they have to be a butthole about it. As for the stations. I do admit it was a butthole move to do. But I also look at it like this. If he had got that thing completely completed, someone else would have come along and wiped it out costing him even more money in the long run. Or they might have left it alone and perhaps he would have built a 2nd station. It does happen after all. He gets that up bigger and more expensive, then someone comes along and blows both out of orbit. It is better for a person to find out just how unsafe Sol, hell even 0,0 can be as soon as possible so they can know to move further out if they want to mine.   Now that you have said your story I want to tell you mine.

I was an eager cadet when i joined. Before I even started doing the tutorial I drew on my past experience in other games and went over to the forums to absorb as much knowledge as I could. With everything I learned one thing became clear, being a miner in the early game would be a bad idea. I had also learned that graduated get a 2nd ship. So I decided what I would do. I would use my first ship as a science ship and my 2nd as a raiding/transport ship. After 3 days I graduated, moved my vipers over to my 2nd ship and began my adventure. I had my Phoenix sitting in orbit while my Leviathan was off doing transports. It was only raiding people who I happened to run across on transports. For the most part I just looted mines. Though I did on occasion destroy them for the extra resources from them. If I captured them, I loaded them on my ship and sold them back at Earth. Every bit of money back then counted so I took whatever I could get.  After maybe a week Scion accepted my application to join OX. This was the day after I had hit one of his ships sending it into the safe zone. I learned some things from him. I did enjoy my time there but something was still missing. I thought at first it was because I wasn't traveling out and exploring much in the galaxy. Hell I really didn't want to because as you said, those systems that seem to close now seemed so far away back then. Then after meeting other people in the games and becoming friends with other people in other Corps I realized what that was.  I wanted to be able to mine and enjoy the game to it's fullest. I wanted to be with people who had a similar mindset. It was actually Heretic of EIMC that gave me the idea though. He originally suggested I create my own pirating corps and ally with them. Then if they need some dirty work that needs done, I would do it.  I wasn't too fond of that though. But it made me think of how good a corp could be if it was made up of pirates and miners. Then the idea for  PMI was born.  After talking with WolfDoc we agreed on the corp. His corp was renamed and both myself and Scion joined. Kerbos and Capt_Bob from K-K also joined us.  I think it was K-K anyways.  We worked to become organized. I grew stronger and traveled out further and now I must say I am happy with how things in the Corp are for the most part. I mine. I do COM missions. I do SOS missions. I occasionally pirate.  But I am not out there every day harassing people. For that matter it has been quite a while since I destroyed a space station.  I am here to enjoy myself playing the game. If I didn't enjoy the game then I likely wouldn't play it.  As for some of us having a similar mindset. That just means we sometimes tend to think the same way. But our playing differ a little from each other in some ways. For instance, most don't raid people.

BTW I have played other games where I have been through similar things to what you went through there. But unlike Raz, I never cussed anyone out for it.  I worked on bettering myself and becoming a better and stronger player. Oh I would send people messages. But they would be overly polite message congratulating them on their recent attack. In one game in particular I went inactive a while and my planet had become a farm. In the span of a week I went from a farm into a planet no one even wanted to touch. I also joined that particular server when it was already old. In time I grew to be one of the top players on that server. Oh I wasn't in the top 10. But if I remember right I was in the top 50. Which means a lot more on that game then it would here. Power here can change so easily that you can't judge a person by their power on here. Of course this was all years ago. lol. Honestly on most games I don't even raid people unless they are inactive or something. On this game it can provide a decent extra income.  So I consider it a good option.  But I don't like to go far when doing it because the fuel cost can sometimes make it not worth it.

@Scion
Just because someone is a pirate doesn't mean they deserve to be disrespected. Yes some might be real buttholes in real life. But some might just be people doing it for the extra resources like myself. I am not asking to be liked. You don't have to like someone to show respect to them. When it comes to matters of diplomacy, both sides should at least pretend to respect each other. Otherwise nothing would ever get accomplished and a war could break out like it has here. I know for you that is no big deal. You don't have many mines and you live by your ship. You don't even really have any Corp members. I on the other hand not only have myself to look out for, but my corp members as well. Some of which are newer players themselves. While I am not concerned much about most of my bigger players, after all they can take care of themselves, the newer players might have a harder time.
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:58 AM »

@Scion Just because someone is a pirate doesn't mean they deserve to be disrespected.

As we all know disrespect means both lacking respect and being insulting. Now i dont like to be insulted, but it really does just come with the teritory, If you attack other people you must surely expect to loose their respect, and that they may be driven to insult you as well is hardly surprising especially if that is the only means they have of immediate reprisal. Wether we actually deserve to be insulted could be a matter of debate, but that it will happen is not. If you dont want to be disrespected then the solution is simply to not Attack people. IMHO too believe that you can attack people and still demand that they not be disrespectfull is ... well, its a little deluded my friend.

When it comes to matters of diplomacy, both sides should at least pretend to respect each other. Otherwise nothing would ever get accomplished and a war could break out like it has here.

When it comes to diplomacy it surely helps if both sides remain polite or at least civil, but you can be polite while still showing your complete disdain for someone, You can even be polite and disrespectful at the same time. I actually think for the most part youve both done at reasonable job of staying polite, at least weve not been inflicted with a slew of foul mouthed obsenities as others may have been want to do.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:24 AM »

@Scion Just because someone is a pirate doesn't mean they deserve to be disrespected.

As we all know disrespect means both lacking respect and being insulting. Now i dont like to be insulted, but it really does just come with the teritory, If you attack other people you must surely expect to loose their respect, and that they may be driven to insult you as well is hardly surprising especially if that is the only means they have of immediate reprisal. Wether we actually deserve to be insulted could be a matter of debate, but that it will happen is not. If you dont want to be disrespected then the solution is simply to not Attack people. IMHO too believe that you can attack people and still demand that they not be disrespectfull is ... well, its a little deluded my friend.

When it comes to matters of diplomacy, both sides should at least pretend to respect each other. Otherwise nothing would ever get accomplished and a war could break out like it has here.

When it comes to diplomacy it surely helps if both sides remain polite or at least civil, but you can be polite while still showing your complete disdain for someone, You can even be polite and disrespectful at the same time. I actually think for the most part youve both done at reasonable job of staying polite, at least weve not been inflicted with a slew of foul mouthed obsenities as others may have been want to do.

The thing is I haven't attacked Dadds. At least not that I can recall. My issue originally was about one of his members who did in fact slew a bunch of cussing at me and declared war on me and my Corps before they had formed the Corp. In the twist of things how it read to me, they were actually supporting a guy who would do such a thing. In their shoes, whether the alliance was bigger then me or not, I would contact that member, see what they have to say. Then have them come on here post and work to make peace on things. Or at least apologize for cussing the person out. If any of our current members were to do such a thing and I found out, I would immediately make the apologize for it.  If they didn't, or they did and then did it again, I would boot them out so fast it isn't funny. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other Corp leaders would do the same if one of their members behaved like that.  The way Dadds postings were going I actually started to expect the same kind of behavior from him. Your right he has remained somewhat Civil. But he has also been rude.  I admit I got a little rude back but I tried to keep it toned down some. Then he took it too far with his insult of a counter offer. Here I was being serious and he pulls that kind of crap.  He went out of his way to do it too.  Little insults here and there are one thing. That was something else.

Dadds I think the time for all this debate and talking is really over. At this point we are likely to just keep repeating ourselves. So there isn't much point. I will see you on the battlefield.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2013, 07:46:06 AM »

yep we will be out there. We will be defending those who cant defend themselves against the aggressor. Jake1976 was one of your victims, and my very first friend here since we had similar stories. It was how this idea grew into a top 3 corps. Jake has still chosen to remain a true miner and battler, which i admire him for. Its for people like Jake and those that i meet, that i take the ultimate sacrifice and alter my preferred gameplan, so that they can enjoy to be protected and sheltered, to do what they love to do the most. Heck, in some worlds, some of my best friends are pirates lol. we dont discuss politics much, but every now and then a little bit of mutual assistance and to share of each others unique talents and skills can help grow close bonds between such dissimilar methods and beliefs.
As to sanctioning my new team mate, insisting on a formal apology from them or suffer my wrath was never and will never happen. The event happened outside of our corps. I understand the dispair of losing a start to a wonton destroyer. i get the passion and in the heat of the moment the hot albeit futile response, as Scion says, his only gesture or action left to him. I wanted to do the same to my nemesis....probably started to type something strong....then rethought things. Not everybody has the skills to think before they act. If everybody could, it would make for a very dull world we live in. If Razgr1z offered up to make the apology on his own volition cause he feels he made a judgement call error, then i would accept that. Never would i insist on it, never did it cross my mind to insist on it. My leadership works on mutual respect and teamwork and character building, not on being the big, bad boss who will be obeyed. Not everyones cup of tea, but in both gaming and real life it has always somehow elavated me to the leader of a pack.
Your only attack on me was really to get my nose out of joint, posting a KoS in a thread that was saying, here we are, these are our values, leave us be or suffer the effects. The first thing you say to my very first post is you are going to kill my colleague on sight. Hmmmm, now i have to defend our stance or seem weak and unsure of our real motives.

What didnt help was then your colleagues jumping in on the thread, and your allies or friends also putting their opinion in. Now that to me feels like a gang attack...so if i you feel i became defensive and agressive in my stance and lashed out, that is why. Never corner a badger in its own den, you will rue the day!

The greatest misunderstanding here is you fail to be able to comprehend what it is to be me and my moral values, and steadfastness. i reply with scathing words out of defence and defiance and because i have a great control of words. I know how to find others weaknesses with them. You guys really walked into that with both feet first lol

We are from different cultures, different generations. They made us stone tough back when my mould was cast, and immune to petty sensitivities. So if i am a bit harsh on the chat, its because to me its a game of words, and dont always consider my words strike so deeply to some. To me its just water off a ducks back. So sadly, we suit up and arm up and start the body count. Maybe one day if it ever ends, i can get back to what i enjoy most. Building and exploring and trading.

War is war, and usually it is the weakest and most innocent that suffer by it. That much is provable in Earth's history and undisputable fact. Hopefully i have all my flock that are the weakest well covered and defended. Lets see if we cant change history

See you all on the battlefield guys. Nothing personal hey

Dadds.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 09:12:06 AM »

I want to say something else on the issue of Raz. I never asked our members to jump in like they did. Hell I wish they hadn't. But I try not to control them and to respect their wishes. If there is a big matter to decide on in the corp, we put it to a vote. Ordering a member to issue an apology or at least a retraction of a declaration of war on an entire alliance isn't bullying though. It is called pulling rank and making them set a situation right. Raz didn't just once do it to me though. He did it twice. First in his first message. The second time in his reply back. I did try sending him another message back but I was unable to do so as he immediately put me on his ignore list after that. As I have said before. I get getting angry over the attack. I have admitted my attack was kinda a butthole move. I don't deny my actions. I will even admit despite some of my reasons for doing so being positive, what I did was still wrong and he had ever reason to be mad at me.  I will at least own up to what I did.  But he isn't even coming on here and doing that.   I understand you don't like me coming in with a kill on site declaration being made by me.  I got an issue where I am not exactly tactful.  I tend to get straight to the point at times. Which is what I did there in my first message. As I explained to you though and even showed you in his messages, I was only responding to him the same way he was going to do to me.  However I couldn't be sure he would have even told you about it. So the best way to bring it to your attention was to tell you. Maybe I should have done it in the game instead of the forums but what is done is done.  If I hadn't told you at all though and I proceeded to hit him over and over. he might have whined to you that I was attacking him without even explaining the reason behind my attacks. I have played games where there have been plenty of people who have done just that. You like dealing in faqs correct. Lets look at these facts.

1. I attacked and destroyed Raz's space station.
2. I looted 1 of his mines.
3. Raz cussed me out declaring war on me and the rest of our corp even though our corp had nothing to do with it.
4. I tried to talk some sense into him by pointing out to him why that was a bad idea at the time.
5. He proceeded to cuss me out in another reply.
6. He then put me on the ignore list after I tried to send him another reply.
7. I told our members that it was up to them what they wanted to do.
8. Everyone pretty much decided he wasn't worth it.
9. I decided to just only attack him if I happen to run in to him like he would me.
10. Raz joins the newly formed IMG.
11. I contact you about the Raz situation on the forums and wasn't very tactful about it.
12. You start defending him.
13. Hell kinda slowly starts to break loose from there.  From there on it really isn't about raz so I will end the faqs there.

Here is the conclusion I draw from the facts. Raz is hot headed. He got mad about my attacks and decides he would stupidly declare war on me and the rest of PMI while cussing me out.  After my reply he is still angry and cusses me out. Later on he calms down and realized he is in a mess. Then an opportunity arrives. You guys are forming IMG.  Since you were all in SOL together and many of you victims of piracy, he knows he can easily get in and he knows some of you might be able to protect him. So he joins IMG for that protection.

There are always people like that in every game. I have ran into plenty of them. Nothing I have seen from him has proven otherwise. Hell he hasn't even been on the forum to try to defend himself. That itself says a lot.  I understand and even respect you wanting to stand up for your members. That is one of the reasons I have tried to show you some respect. However when one of your members screws up like he did, the member has only brought it on himself.  Here is an example of something that actually happened last month. Sargas had actually attacked and destroyed an NHC science station belonging to one of their members. By doing so he risked the wrath of NHC. But NHC didn't take it out on all of us. Like how it should be, they got themselves a nice revenge attack on Sargas. Since he did what he did, he expected it to happen and didn't get mad after it did.  Afterwards everything was cool between us all again.  Now lets say this had been one of your members that destroyed another members science station, not saying they would, just saying what if, your current actions suggest you would back up that member against whatever Corps wanted revenge on him despite it clearly being his fault.  By protecting him you would be condoning his actions.  It's the same as protecting Raz after what he did. By doing so you are condoning his actions. Which of course means he is likely to maybe do it again in the future.  When one of our Corp members does something I expect them to at least own up to it and accept responsibility.  That is what an adult does. If they can't act like an adult, I don't want them in our Corp.  I do accept people who aren't adults into PMI, however I expect the same behavior from them as I do everyone else. Don't get me wrong when it comes to the not so serious stuff we may joke around and act a little immature. Especially Sargas who I think is 63 now actually.  But at his age he is allowed to have a little fun. As long as it don't endanger the corp and cause us problems, it's fine with me. I am pretty easy going for the most part. I only pull rank when it is necessary.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: