Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 23, 2024, 02:56:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [IMG]  (Read 45031 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »

I hardly expect to get any straight up respect for how i choose to play. And quite frankly IMHO between you me and the door post, neither I nor you, or anyone else for that matter that preys on the week really actually deserves any.
@Scion. It is sort of what my point is Scion. However, believe it or not, you do get some sort of grudging respect from me. Not for what or who you are, but that you have chosen to be this character, and you play it within the bounds of a rum-drinking opportunist who picks off the easy cream. You stick within that role and dont complain when the authorities, or even vigilantes, catch up to you and string you from the nearest yard arm.

Its a tough career you choose to take on, poor public opinion, target on your back, having to stay 3 steps infront of the gathering revolt of the peasants with pitchforks screaming for your blood. Not a career path that i would choose for myself, living on the edge like that.

I would expect a pirate to consider removing a military fortress that was hell bent on ceasing their activities in a region thereby restricting the pirates cash flow, if he had the power to do so. Its another thing to remove a pilgrim who is just trying to defend his belongings. You understand this, other pirate clans seem not to get that concept.
So again, i dont agree with your life choices of free flowing rum, women and pillage (hmmm wait.....oh, never mind lol) I do like that you play the role and dont pretend to be something other than what you are....a scurvied dog and terror of the skies ;)
i leave you with this famous quote from Black Adder

"My lord, the peasants are revolting" - "They certainly are, Baldrick"

Dadds (yes me again, [IMG])
Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2013, 09:40:29 AM »

I would expect a pirate to consider removing a military fortress that was hell bent on ceasing their activities in a region thereby restricting the pirates cash flow, if he had the power to do so. Its another thing to remove a pilgrim who is just trying to defend his belongings. You understand this, other pirate clans seem not to get that concept.

You seem to think one station in an area can aide in the defense of an entire area. Aside from the wormhole protector providing some warning, it doesn't do anything else to protect a system. Just the planet it is around. A pirate such as Scion or even myself, could hop in fast to a planet, start the attack and in about 3-4 min be out of that planet's orbit with the loot if the planet itself has no defenses.  Any station with any sort of defense on it, no matter how big or small threatens to stand in the way of profit. There for Scion is just as likely to blow up a station as I am. One difference though is he doesn't care if other players improve. I actually hope that players can learn from the experiences and become better players. After all the game needs better players. I already admitted it was kind of a butthole thing to do. But it is done.
WolfDoc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2013, 08:00:20 PM »

yep we will be out there. We will be defending those who cant defend themselves against the aggressor. Jake1976 was one of your victims, and my very first friend here since we had similar stories. It was how this idea grew into a top 3 corps. Jake has still chosen to remain a true miner and battler, which i admire him for. Its for people like Jake and those that i meet, that i take the ultimate sacrifice and alter my preferred gameplan, so that they can enjoy to be protected and sheltered, to do what they love to do the most. Heck, in some worlds, some of my best friends are pirates lol. we dont discuss politics much, but every now and then a little bit of mutual assistance and to share of each others unique talents and skills can help grow close bonds between such dissimilar methods and beliefs.
As to sanctioning my new team mate, insisting on a formal apology from them or suffer my wrath was never and will never happen. The event happened outside of our corps. I understand the dispair of losing a start to a wonton destroyer. i get the passion and in the heat of the moment the hot albeit futile response, as Scion says, his only gesture or action left to him. I wanted to do the same to my nemesis....probably started to type something strong....then rethought things. Not everybody has the skills to think before they act. If everybody could, it would make for a very dull world we live in. If Razgr1z offered up to make the apology on his own volition cause he feels he made a judgement call error, then i would accept that. Never would i insist on it, never did it cross my mind to insist on it. My leadership works on mutual respect and teamwork and character building, not on being the big, bad boss who will be obeyed. Not everyones cup of tea, but in both gaming and real life it has always somehow elavated me to the leader of a pack.
Your only attack on me was really to get my nose out of joint, posting a KoS in a thread that was saying, here we are, these are our values, leave us be or suffer the effects. The first thing you say to my very first post is you are going to kill my colleague on sight. Hmmmm, now i have to defend our stance or seem weak and unsure of our real motives.

What didnt help was then your colleagues jumping in on the thread, and your allies or friends also putting their opinion in. Now that to me feels like a gang attack...so if i you feel i became defensive and agressive in my stance and lashed out, that is why. Never corner a badger in its own den, you will rue the day!

The greatest misunderstanding here is you fail to be able to comprehend what it is to be me and my moral values, and steadfastness. i reply with scathing words out of defence and defiance and because i have a great control of words. I know how to find others weaknesses with them. You guys really walked into that with both feet first lol

We are from different cultures, different generations. They made us stone tough back when my mould was cast, and immune to petty sensitivities. So if i am a bit harsh on the chat, its because to me its a game of words, and dont always consider my words strike so deeply to some. To me its just water off a ducks back. So sadly, we suit up and arm up and start the body count. Maybe one day if it ever ends, i can get back to what i enjoy most. Building and exploring and trading.

War is war, and usually it is the weakest and most innocent that suffer by it. That much is provable in Earth's history and undisputable fact. Hopefully i have all my flock that are the weakest well covered and defended. Lets see if we cant change history

See you all on the battlefield guys. Nothing personal hey

Dadds.

ur right its usually the weak to suffer the most, Hell ur attacks showed that, all u done is hit the smallest guys who cant afford to travel far out yet..lol Great victorys, hell Sim joined our corp after the war started and u consider that a win.. But as for the whole article, anyone can spin a story to make them sound like the good guy.. Hell in happens in every war people ever been in.. from the U.S vs Terrorist(Iran & Iraq) to the cold war to the world wars..So if this is what u think the war is about that's ur opinion..Just keep in mind, this is a game, a pirate game on top of that...that ur taking way to serious, only part ive taken serious is ur lack of respect..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:30:17 PM by WolfDoc » Report to moderator   Logged
Harachte
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 03:38:40 AM »

...this is a game, a pirate game on top of that...

Since when?

Quote from: Game description
Astro Galaxy - Realistic Space Exploration MMOG. Astro Galaxy is a realistic online space exploration game. You can customize ships, stations and planetary facilities. You can colonize / explore other stars and fight with others for control with endless possibilities.

Don't see anything there about pirating; sure, it can be a part of this universe, but it isn't the main directive of the game, if you ask me...

Pirate Quest is a pirate game; Pirate Corruption is a pirate game; Pirate Galaxy might be a pirate game...

Disclaimer: Anything written by this person [Harachte] here on forum and in any other message, private or public, is solely the opinion of the author and cannot be held to represent the official stand of the corporation [NHC] or any of its members, unless clearly stated otherwise.
WolfDoc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 03:51:35 AM »

lol maybe u should ask emi, the maker of the game, it is a exploration game as well, but since the beginning of time, if there explorers there pirate.. this game was designed to have pirates..
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:42 AM »

Then i guess our presence here adds an element of complexity to that concept of a pirate universe. I must admit, i was surprised when i first started, to find so many top pilots as pirates or pirate corps. Quick conclusion to that was the game dynamics is keyed to pilot vs pilot attacks, or piracy i guess. Of that there is no doubt. It is much easier to get a start in this game by attacking others rather than building. I still chose the harder way of playing the game. I think since the birth of our corps, we show that there are other ways to play the game, using teamwork and hard work which shows that being in a corp can be beneficial. Hopefully Sir Emi is watching the development of its subscribers and gaming patterns to better cater for the complexity of an unknown world and a game shaped in part by players determination.

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »

I actually hope that players can learn from the experiences and become better players. After all the game needs better players. I already admitted it was kind of a butthole thing to do. But it is done

You got your wish. We became better players, but what you didnt expect, we became good teamplayers also. Seems this thread is the hottest topic next to our imminent super nova explosion experiment lol

edited to better describe our actions. We are scientists, not demolishion experts
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:55:00 AM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

Private

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »

just wanted to Congratulate you guys 1 1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: