Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 10:20:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [IMG]  (Read 44730 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:36:45 AM »

A guild dedicated to mining & self-sufficiency in deep space with mutual defence of its realms and members. A non-aggressive corps, we will defend our territories and allies fiercely. It will be a long, slow haul, but rewarding to see the fruits of our labours
Dadds (#862) is Corporate leader. PM him for any inter corps dialog including NAP's and boundaries.

There is NO honour among thieves
Report to moderator   Logged

Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:38:22 AM »

A guild dedicated to mining & self-sufficiency in deep space with mutual defence of its realms and members. A non-aggressive corps, we will defend our territories and allies fiercely. It will be a long, slow haul, but rewarding to see the fruits of our labours
Dadds (#862) is Corporate leader. PM him for any inter corps dialog including NAP's and boundaries.

There is NO honour among thieves

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 02:41:36 AM »

Perhaps most of you are. However you do have one member that I will attack and destroy on site. It is a little newbie called Razgr1z. As many people know, it is not uncommon for me to hit people in the Sol System. Usually it is for profit. But sometimes I like to clear out stations that have defenses on them  as well in that area. Hell I do that in the 0,0 area period. Just Sol more periodically.  Some hate me for this. Some become farms. Some learn from their mistakes and my attacks and become better players.  Razgr1z when he was in the Sol Corp, I cleared out one of his stations and what was on the surface of the moon. The next day looted one of his mines.  After that I received some messages from him.  I will go ahead and show you for yourself. All I can say from these messages though is that I am glad he isn't in our Corp and I can't imagine NHC would ever take him either.  Also note I tried sending a message after his last reply there at the bottom but I discovered that after I tried to send it he had put me on his ignore list.

[SOL] Razgr1z(#924)
30-Dec-2012 09:37
WAR

ou want to star tone then fine, consider it started, i'll destroy every last thing of yours and your corporations that i come across
------------------------------------------------------------------------

My message

So all this over some looting and destroying a piece of crap space station. You might want to think twice about this.

1. Most of us are in the top 20.

2. Most are a lot more powerful then I am.

3. My mines are in no danger from you. I keep them protected.

4. If you really want to protect your mines and stations set up farther out then Sol. Sector 0,0 isn't a safe sector.

5. I typically only raid for profit. Though I destroy stations I run across that have defenses. Just to keep them from getting out of hand.

6. If you really want to do this we can. But you will be the one regretting it. Unlike PRKL we aren't idiots. The only ship of mine so far you have seen is my pirating ship. It is the lowest in power of my ships. It is that way for fast raiding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SOL] Razgr1z(#924)
30-Dec-2012 09:49
Re: Re: WAR

think i give a ****, you started this, and im gonna finish it
Aysle
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:49:04 AM »

Perhaps most of you are. However you do have one member that I will attack and destroy on site. It is a little newbie called Razgr1z. As many people know, it is not uncommon for me to hit people in the Sol System. Usually it is for profit. But sometimes I like to clear out stations that have defenses on them  as well in that area. Hell I do that in the 0,0 area period. Just Sol more periodically.  Some hate me for this. Some become farms. Some learn from their mistakes and my attacks and become better players.  Razgr1z when he was in the Sol Corp, I cleared out one of his stations and what was on the surface of the moon. The next day looted one of his mines.  After that I received some messages from him.  I will go ahead and show you for yourself. All I can say from these messages though is that I am glad he isn't in our Corp and I can't imagine NHC would ever take him either.  Also note I tried sending a message after his last reply there at the bottom but I discovered that after I tried to send it he had put me on his ignore list.

Well... first he was in SOL corp then.. so by gones are by gones.

But then again, declared pirates are targets of opportunity for us miners in IMG.

Your big bad, go kill the little stations and undefended miners... scary you. Great job. Bet that makes you feel great....

We in IMG are not only miners, but we can also defend ourselves. I would go hunt you, but you wouldnt be worth the $$ or the effort...Perhaps if you show up during one of my jumps I'll show you what a miner can do. You can take your pirating big bad "scary" crew and watch them be blown away.

Good Day to you... catch you on another day
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »

JamJulLison, your comments are noted and are right. We do have Razgr1z in our team along with others that have been victims of noob attacks by characters such as yourself and [PRKL]. As you point out, some learn from their mistakes, and others just quit the game before they get a chance to start because of unfair sportsman type extermination on weaker opponents. We are a team because of players like you, for that i thank you.  We are not about to quit, we are here to stay. I am aware of all my pilots histories and welcome Raz in with open arms. All victims of your style of gameplay will be offered shelter amongst our Corp.
Our co-orperation is under instruction to never attack any other player or team unless agression has been visited upon them with one exception to that rule: Any corps identifying themselves as a pirate corp is exempt from our prime directive.
I would be very cautious about hunting any of my pilots regardless of prior history, we will be prepared for you and exact a swift response to an attack
1. Most of us are in the top 20.
Take a look over your shoulder at our pilots.
2. Most are a lot more powerful then I am.
Exactly! most are more powerful than you. I would be very nervous in that top 20 position with 2 of my pilots there with you. We are a very active team that are working well together in support of each other.
Perhaps you need to be considering that partition to us for an unconditional NAP before my dogs sniff you out! 21 <MSG ENDS>

Dadds, Corporation Leader, [IMG]

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »

so, if you are going to target me because of the clothes I wear or the friends I have, I have some news for you.  I am a miner (with sharp teeth).  If y'all really want to play, come visit me in sector (quadrant) 2,-2.  I'll be waiting if you let me know when.  Remember Razgr1l declared war upon us and it is up to him and him alone who can initiate a treaty.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »

What I find interesting is that you don't find it wrong that a member of yours is so quick to fly off the handle and run their mouth. It doesn't matter what Corp your in. You don't do that. It is disrespectful.  That is a good way to also make enemies.  Despite what happened I haven't been actively searching him out. It's not worth my time. I will however attack on site whenever I know I can attack him. Even if it means I have to spend some QP if I have any.  I haven't ordered the rest of my Corp to go after him. I leave it up to them if they want to or not. After all he did declare war on all of us.  We aren't taking it out on your Corp though. Hell I won't be hitting your Corp unless I see profit in it.

@Aysle
When i attack I tend to go for profits. I go after bigger players just as often when I am raiding in 0,0. I have even gone after morbius of NHC before.  If I see a chance for profit I will take it. I rarely attack someone just for sport. The reason I tear down space stations with weapons on them when I find them is because if they get a big station set up there, it could post a problem in the future. That said, anything outside of 0,0 I usually just leave alone. Unless of course it is in my sector of space.

@Dadds
You really shouldn't quote the stuff I said to him. That conversation took place before you formed that Corp. I am well aware of the top rankings at the moment. I am also well aware that one of your members has actually paid his way to where he is. He told me as much before he joined you guys. He might be powerful, but it takes more then power to do well in the game.  Also calling my attacks noob attacks shows your still a newbie yourself.  I keep my pirating ship low in power for a reason. That reason is to keep my attack times shorter making it easier to hit targets with lower defenses. Also FYI, I have only been playing a few months myself. So there is a lot I am still learning in the game too. The difference between me and so many others was I was smart enough to realize that mining in Sol wouldn't be a smart idea.  I soon realized mining in 0,0 isn't really a good idea either. I know I have some enemies. I also know that there are other pirates who would hit me in a heartbeat if they saw some profit in it. So I don't give them that chance. If they are going to hit me they are going to have to work for it. What it would cost to find my mines as it is, it really isn't worth going after for them.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »

LOL @ all of you. Sargas, you wear the patch, you wear the responsibility. That will be the big test of your "powerful" corp. i have little else to say on that matter.
Razgr1z cannot declare war or peace whilst under our protectorate. There is only 2 people who have that authority, and i have the veto on all votes.
@JamJulLison, dont pretend to be some sofisticated privateer, lets face it, you are just an opportunistic bully that takes enjoyment out of killing for its own sake. With regards to the postings, i can quote anything you chose to quote at me in a public forum....there is nothing private between you and raz since you posted it up on this thread.  laugh
i dont berate my pilots passion and annoyance, newly out of academy school only to find someone smashing their first steps....i did a similar thing to another squad, albeit in a quieter way. you cost that pilot greatly in sols when you destroyed the station, but you helped fuel a growing movement against your corp...

And yes, i am a newbie myself, also one suffered from early extermination attempt that failed. I am still here and have a solid team to support me.

That is a good way to also make enemies.

Indeed. You are the expert on making enemies so i will add that quote as expert testimony lol. i think by smashing someones station who is also a new guy without a warning is a pretty pathetic an act in my opinion. then to pm and give advice after the fact lol....you come into my "home" and you will get the very same response. It wont just be all words though

Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »

The reason I tear down space stations with weapons on them when I find them is because if they get a big station set up there, it could post a problem in the future.
stations are not potatoes, they do not grow with time. one can set up an artificial moon with nukes, shields and thousands of marines in a matter of minutes.
Morgwen Dubhspiriag
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »

So, following this thread and will throw in a query (not a js query).

How can you determine looking at a station, mine encampment, or
ship that it belongs to a new person.  Low level tech is not a sure
fire method, so ???
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »

Being angry is one thing. Cussing out someone else for attacking them is another. I am not the only pirate around Sol.  I got a feeling that now that Scion is back and active in OX, he might prove to be a bigger thorn in your side then I am. I actually have cut back on my pirating activities.  New players though need to take attacks against them as a learning experience. Rather then flying off the handle and cussing someone out, they should think about what they are doing wrong. Mining period in the early game is risky because they can't get far out from Sol. Instead of mining new players should first stick to transport missions. That's what I did in the beginning. I also did some pirating to add to my profits to help me get ahead. One of the players I actually hit quite a lot actually recently has joined our Corp.  He was angry like your guy at first too. He sent me a message similar to what Razgr1z.  He has since then apologized. Also after he had calmed down he began to take it all as a learning experience. He no longer leaves mines unprotected and has become a better player. So my attacks actually helped him.

Your Corp seems to be doing the same. In which case can be said that I helped in that as well. Just think if I hadn't been around would you have grouped together together to help each other out like your doing?  Would some of you have learned to protect your mines as much as you have now?  You can hate me all you want. But fact is, my pirating can actually help players to become better players.  The ones it don't help are the ones who get mad and quit or just continue to do what they are doing. But let's face it the ones that quit likely would have quit eventually anyways and the ones that never improve, likely would have never improved in the first place.  I have played other online games where I have been in the situation that some of your people have. In those games I always became a better player because of it. I didn't sit around and complain about how hard it is or that such and such person attacked me.

As for me being a bully. Not really. A bully tends to purposely go after a person constantly harassing them. I don't purposely go after people.  In the Sol system I usually only pirate as I am doing transports missions. So a lot of times I just happen to come across a target of opportunity.  When outside of Sol when raiding in the rest of 0,0 , I comb the system looking for easy targets I can make a profit off of. I don't regularly hit those systems though. I do it maybe once a week depending how much I actually feel like raiding. I don't really care who's mines it is as long as they aren't one of my corp members. I am just going for some profit. If I see a station, I first check for defenses.  If there are none, I will usually just loot. Unless it happens to be a science station that I think I might be able to make a profit off of.  Most days though anymore I just mine, do COM missions and SOS missions.

So, following this thread and will throw in a query (not a js query).

How can you determine looking at a station, mine encampment, or
ship that it belongs to a new person.  Low level tech is not a sure
fire method, so ???

If I want I could just search for the person using the search for user in the friends list area.  But I don't bother with that when raiding. I see a target of opportunity, I will go after it. It doesn't matter to me if the person is one of the top people or one of the newer people. Profit is profit.  Most of the top people I have actually hit or tried to hit have at least understood this. They know it's nothing personal.
Scion
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »

The reason I tear down space stations with weapons on them when I find them is because if they get a big station set up there, it could post a problem in the future.
stations are not potatoes, they do not grow with time. one can set up an artificial moon with nukes, shields and thousands of marines in a matter of minutes.

One can? no! Theres oh at least... lets see... a good half a dozen players or so out of all the past and currently active players that can actually do that. Anyone else will have to work long and hard to get to that point.

Destruction of stations like that is an act of subjugation clear and simple, its certainly not piracy. You can hardly expect that people will not seek retribution. Unfortunately for the game though most newbies just throw in the towel after a few hits like that.

I do agree about not using foul langauge is both unnecessary and potentially against the rules. However people do react in the heat of the moment, they fire off a nasty PM to vent their frustration, but remember in 99% of these situations it was the player who attacked first that started it. Complaining that a snowball gets bigger when you roll it down hill is kinda baffling.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:59:50 PM by Scion » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »

Retribution against me I can expect.  After all i did it to that person. Foul language and a declaration of war against my entire Corp from a single player on the other hand is another matter entirely. Sargas destroyed a Science Station of LordDirac's. I told him straight up what happened was between him and LordDirac. After some discussion with NHC leaders it was pretty much agreed apon that the entire Corp would not be to be to blame for such as attack. The issue was kept between those 2 and was recently resolved.

In my message to Razgr1z, I was simply pointing out why it would be stupid to declare war on an entire corp when by yourself.  Since he made this declaration, only he can call it off. It doesn't matter if he is in IMG or not. He made this choice before he was with you and must live with it.  I am not going to actively search him out but I will attack him on site when I can. What he should have done though was kept this between me and him to begin with. Not tried to drag the entire Corp in to it.  I am used to love letter such as his. But when it comes to the Corp, I have to take it seriously.

I personally don't have a problem with IMG as a whole. They are just trying to mine and do well in the game.  I would hate for it to come to war. Especially since I know the ones that will suffer most are your members. I don't wish for new players to suffer. If I did I would do more then just raid people. I would seek out the newbies because they are newbies and bash them until they quit.
Morgwen Dubhspiriag
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »

If I may interject  17 ,

Can IMG speak with the other member and suggest that he make it 1-on-1 and work
this as either a conflict or truce between the two?

And would JamJulLison accept it as between them, if Razgr1z agreed??

-- Switzerland here... you know, neutral.  7
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »

I have no issues with keeping it one on one. I don't usually like attacking unless I can get some profit anyways. I should point out though I would not cease pirating in  0,0.  It is like I have told other corps, teach their members to protect themselves and try to mine outside of 0,0 if possible. I don't raid further out from there. I also won't attack any stations I find that far out too. Simply cause it isn't worth wasting fuel and searching what is likely to be a lot of empty planets. It isn't very profitable. The only exception to this is in my sector. But I can't the lower powered newbies reaching my sector any time soon and some of the stronger people generally keep out of it anyways. In case people are wondering how much profit I can make doing this. I made a little over 100,000 solars after hitting 2 systems back to back on my Christmas Raids. Most of the mines belonged to the same person though. His corp has suggested he move out a little further but it doesn't look like he has yet.  You might wonder which Corp he is in and why the Corp doesn't come after me. They understand I mostly attack for profit. I don't actively seek them out and I don't go after anything of theirs outside of 0,0. Trust me when I say this Corp could likely beat me into the ground if they wanted to. lol. It took some talking with them but there is a mutual understanding between us. It's not a NAP. It's not an alliance. It's not even a peace treaty. Just a mutual understanding. Just like if one our people goes after one of their larger things, the person has the right to get a little payback. In the end we all laugh about it though and continue on with the game.  None of us cuss each other out though. We keep things civil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: