Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 02:09:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IMG Stations  (Read 53311 times)
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »

Need quick QPs or solars? Then you're in the right place!

20 QPs (QPs needed to become VIP, worth 5M solars if bought, 1M solars if converted) for the location of each IMG station with power greater than 1,000,000.
15 QPs (QPs needed for an officer, worth 3.75M solars if bought, 750K solars if converted) for stations between 500,000 and 1,000,000. Unfortunately, stations less than 500,000 are insignificant to the Syndicate and need not to be reported. Just message Admiral Raphael in the game. All information will be kept strictly confidential.  1

diablo  Offer is open until IMG ceases to exist.  diablo
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:04:57 AM »

Just a word of a warning. Those who we find out are aiding raph will be treated as enemies.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

har har har funny post. Do your own dirty work Raphael. Can i collect on that QP reward? i can tell you where they all are. But you never come and visit anyway. So brave on the forums but you wont meet me in space

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:02:34 AM »

Just a word of warning as well: Those who are supporting GC's hostility towards the Syndicate will also be treated as enemies by us.

P.S. Good job to NHC (even though they are part of the GC) in not publicly opposing the Syndicate. All of their stations and mines remain intact.  1
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »

Maybe you should take some time and think about the GC, what it is for and what are your stance.

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »

Well, unlike before, other corps don't want to be part of the GC anymore because they know how inefficient it is and they don't want to antagonize the Syndicate.

That's how low and useless the GC has become.  laugh

Back to the topic, I thank one pilot for some information given to the Syndicate. QPs were sent!  1
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 04:57:04 AM »

Do you want to replace the GC with your "sydicate"? What can you offer?

Leader
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 02:53:08 PM »

The Galactic Council was created to help out newbies. Unfortunately due to poor battle mechanics protecting others is rather hard to do.  Still we do what we can.  There was also another reason it was created. That was to help keep each of the top alliances in check.  For example IMG and some other people out there likely feared perhaps PMI might go destructive and raid and or destroy everyone.  Some of us in PMI and other corps felt that IMG can be a little extra violent when it comes to pirates, terrorist or anyone that tends to tick them off. No offense Dadds. You just sometimes seem a little battle hungry.  A lot of us didn't like the idea of some big galactic council shoving it's weight around. However we thought it over and thought it was best.  When a trouble maker does appear we try to handle it on a case by case basis. An example being you. Not only were you a pirate but you bragged about it a lot too. Then we begin hearing about destruction of people's stuff. ITO at the time wasn't part of the GC but it was a matter we in PMI take seriously. Then your little war with IMG began. We thought about keeping it out of it. However once we saw threats from you such as threating to burn Sol system to the ground, we couldn't just ignore it.  That is why we voted yes to adding you to the outlaw list.  As part of the GC we have in fact helped out some people.  Here is just some of the things PMI themselves have done.

1. Helped lower people with advice in the game. Unfortunately some of it does get annoyed.
2. Have helped move a few people further out. Admittingly most people decline this.
3. We no longer attack people within Sol system itself.

Right now with how things are in the game and with some GC representives not being as active or outspoken, we admit there is only so much the GC can do when it comes to a rouge player such as yourself. That doesn't mean the GC isn't a good idea though.  We aren't going to be like some big bully telling people what they can and can not do. The charter itself is mostly a set of guidelines for us to follow.  Only in certain cases do we even consider declaring someone an outlaw.  To this date there are only 2 outlaws even on the list. You were the second.  I have posted before though how you could possibly get out of this hole you have dug for yourself.  I am not an unreasonable person.  Neither are the other GC representives. Even Dadds can be reasonable as long as you don't keep poking him.  There was a time when me and Dadds never got along at all and it was rare for us to agree on anything. It took him quite a while before he began to trust me.  I was the best pirate this game ever had and if I were to ever come out of pirating retirement I would still be the best here.  Why? With pirating it isn't the biggest ship. It is about being able to hit quick and get to moving so they can't catch you. I could be a thorn in everyone's backsides in the game if I really wanted to. There is one thing though in the game I really have to give you props on. Thanks to you relations between PMI and IMG are now closer then ever.  Something which a lot of people might not have thought possible.  If this can happen then I really believe it might possible someday for there to be peace between you and the GC. However for that to happen you really gotta make some effort.  I have already posted in another thread as to how you can do that.  Until then though I am forced to do my duty and continue to hunt down your stuff. I have a responsibility to both the GC and PMI to do so.
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »

I'm not shure but I think Admiral Raphael did never think about the GC and what it is for. He also has no alternative to offer. The GC tries to do something more and give an aditional quality to the game by active players. If Raph would win some day agains the GC(haha) he has no idea or the will to replace it with an other organisation or structural idea. He just fights for fun and to provoke other players. really lame

Leader
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »

I didn't really want to get involved in any of this Raphael business but at the moment I feel compelled to just say my part and move on. Jam as I recal either reading on the forum or perhaps it was just one of the times we were talking on the game. One of the reasons you stopped pirating besides all of the negative attention it brought upon you was because it wasn't really that profitable compared to the other things you could be doing am I correct? I mean, after seeing some of the logs of you guys destroying Raphael's level 1 science stations I can see how attacking newbs and destroying their stuff really doesn't make you a lot of money. So if making money isn't a factor in his motives for doing all of this then what are?

To me this game isn't about combat, I mean looking at the way the combat system is designed it seems to me almost as though it is meant to be a feature on the side. The way the rest of the game is designed I don't see any way for a player or group of players to force any one player to stop their actions unless that player is rather stupid and doesn't know how to run and/or hide which clearly isn't the case here. The best any group of players could hope for is that their continued attacks would slowly whitle away at the players morale or determination until they reach the point where they give up. Mainly because there isn't a really drastic penalty for losing battles, sure you can lose personnel and things in your cargo like fuel and maybe even lose modules, but you still have a ship you can use to make more money to replace the things you lost and ultimately over time it's like it never even happened. The fact is, it's simply too easy to run and hide in this game for it to really be about combat. In my opinion anyway.

I just want to ask you this Raphael, Why exactly are you bothering people here by blowing up their stuff and interupting their activities? Is it like Jazz has said, do you simply enjoy pissing people off and being a troll? Up to now I have simply been watching all of this and honestly the arguing is rather annoying to me so if there is an actual reason for what you do then I would like to hear it. If you don't want to let the whole world know then pm me about it. I just really want the senseless bickering to stop as it is sucking some of the fun out of this game for me at this point, so if there is anything I can do to bring this whole situatation to an end I plan on doing it.

"Hear me! And if I close my mind in fear, please pry it open.
See me! And if my face becomes sincere beware.
Hold me! And when I start to come undone, stitch me together.
See me! And when you see me strut remind me of what left this outlaw torn..."
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

Fenix negative attention had nothing to do with why I stopped pirating. I stopped because it got boring and became unprofitable compared to other ways to make solars. As for the how the game's combat with you. I agree. That is one of the main problems with it. PVE stuff just gets boring after a while. I game such as this that allows for different playing styles needs a better pvp element to it. This is exactly why so many people have become bored with this game and quit.  Here are the main problems.

1. Combat Timers are just too long.  They are fine how it is for the new players. But after becoming so strong they become impractical for pvp battles.  SirEmi attempted to quick fix this complaint by making it possible to speed up battles with QP.  In my opinion that was a mistake. The solution for this to not unbalance new player combat systems is to create some modules that effect the combat timer. For example the Combat Drive. One of the most useless modules in the game It should be modified to be able to boost the attackers timer by a certain amount depending on it's level.  Modules could also be created of course that can counteract this on the defense side.  Another idea perhaps some of the optimizations could altered to help with this issue.  A tractor beam type thing could also be useful as an alien module that makes it harder for an enemy ship to jump away. How long they can hold the ship there though can depend on the tractor beams level and the enemies combat drives. Officers could also be created to help in this area. One that decreases the attack timer on the offense side. Then another to increase it on the defense side. These are all practical ways that could help improve pvp in the game.

2. Too much of an advantage to the attacker. As it stands right now it is impossible to defend someone who is not in your corp and even if they are in your corp you have to use a corp ship to do it.  It is also rather easy to wipe out enemy stations that are guarded by 1 or 2 big targets. How?  Have one ship engage the ships defending.  Then have another ship there each for each station there in orbit. Make sure they capable of destroying them but are weaker then the ships your using to engage the guarding ships. Your larger ships will each engage 1 of the defending ships 1 on 1 and the rest of your ships will go on to hit the stations/modules that are there.  Of course if the attacker is unaware of this it can lead to a problem for the attacker as well.  Say they want to swarm the defending ship there with multiple ships. They can't because of the problem I just mentioned.

3. Lack of ability to track and difficulty to locate other ships/stations/modules on planets.  This is an issue we discovered when PMI and IMG was at war. The wormhole detector for the most part is useless. You can't really track anyone with it or even see who might be coming. There needs to be some sort of system such as probes and stuff you can send out to help locate someone.  Once the galaxy is finally expanded to the full 25 rings this problem is only going to become much larger.

4. The decreased usefulness of vipers, lasers and railguns.  It used to be that they could fire every round. Meaning if you were swarmed they would fire on the next ship that came acrossed.  Now for pve purposes I can understand this change. It even helps people trying to swarm other ships if they are willing to spend QP to speed up the attack. The problem is that except for in 1 on 1 battles, it makes them much less useful then marines which are cheaper to build and research. Not to mention marines never miss, hit like nukes and can be used every round.  While it is nice to see them made more useful, they honestly shouldn't be that useful. Not if they are going to be so cheap to produce and research.  Anyone can win PVE battles using just marines and shields. They can also inflate their power rating with them.  The thing is the change to weapons wasn't needed. It wasn't unbalanced.  It also gave us more of a reason to use these outside of pve. As it stands now only vipers are lasers are really worth using. Railguns are overpriced and kinda pointless to use when people barely use armor on their ships. Armor is really overrated. Yes the PVE ships have some on them sometimes but considering what the marines end up hitting for there is no points. Shields on the other hand are much more useful then armor. There for lasers should be a standard on most ships. They can get costly but not near as bad as railguns. Then there is vipers. Cheap to produce. Cheap to research. Though not as cheap as marines really and they don't hit near as hard.  In the old days marines there there to serve as a backup in case the battle dragged on in each ship vs ship fight. That way you still got a chance to win.  The extra manpower they provided help give more HP for your ship as well.  They were useful but not too much for their cost.

5. Nukes. Nukes except for a few exceptions are useless. They are expensive to build, can only be used once and their damage can be completely negated if your nuke defenses are at 100 percent.  Surprisingly though nukes tend to run cheaper then Railguns. But there are many situations where I would want to use nuke unless i really needed that extra damage. Though you can accomplish similar damage from the much cheaper marines. These are suppose to be the best weapons in the game but they are far from it.

There is a lot of problems as you can see and there is a lot that can be done to fix things. These are issues a lot of us have had with the game even before Raph started his crap.  As for the current situation. There is only one way out of it for raph.  Which I have posted in a previous thread. He seemed to just ignore the post though.  Admittingly all we can really do is try to halt his progress some. But that really isn't going to do much when someone doesn't want to be found.  I am not going to go out of my way to waste using ships I use to make me Solars to go chasing after him.  As it stands I only use a couple spare ships for looking for his stuff and those are designed for taking on labs. The purpose, to try to halt his science research some.  I know financcially it is no real loss. As for hitting his COM ships, if I run across one I sometimes will hit one.  Other times I just inform someone else to come hit him. Often times it is dadds who comes and does it.  The hits where he managed to get dadds ships or in one case 2 of mine, are cases where he has done a bait and switch.  Dadds you really shouldn't have showed him that one. lol. He learned from having you do it to him a bunch.  Fenix I think Raph is just keeping it up though to try to aggrivate us.  I personally don't get aggrivated by it.  It is just another day in Astro Galaxy for me.  Though I am glad to say that I don't worry about waking up to attack reports. Other then that one bait and switch on me, he hasn't gotten me. Funny story is just prior to that bait and switch I had hit his ship there.  He brought it back. I went in for another attack just out of boredum.  It was my fault for it happening but hey crap happens. lol
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »

Yea I'm kind of aware of those problems as I've heard you guys talking about them before, though you older players obviously know in much more detail how exactly the game is flawed I'm sure. I'm not worried about getting hit because as I said there isn't a huge penalty in losing anyway and I only have the one combat ship, all of my other ships are out in deep space or in the safe zone of a system waiting for the next jump, they are pretty much untouchable as the game is right now.

I can speculate like everyone about why Raphael does what he does, I have as a matter of fact, I would just like to hear it from him that is all. He doesn't aggrivate me, just the constant back and forth of taunts and crap here on the forum makes me feel like just getting on the forum at all is a waste of my time as of late. Mainly because 90% of all the new posts it seems are about this so called war, which as you have agreed with me Jam, is something that can't actually be won but merely fought until someone gives up. It just seems like an exercise in futility and I had to ask what the hell the point was.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »

It is just like our war with IMG was. Neither side really could do much to the other.  It got boring and pointless. I do think though if Raph is going to run a corp he should do whatever he has to though to make all this go away. Otherwise anyone who joins his corp becomes a target as well. While we are not at war with his corp, many of us considers anyone who would ally with Raph to be an enemy.  He may like all this attention but I doubt many other players do.
Fenix
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »

Well Raphael did reach out of to me and we talked via pm's. For that I thank you Raphael, and I will keep the exact contents of those messages between you and me. I feel like I understand him and the situation a little bit better though I'm not sure I really helped to end this any faster, or if anything can be done about that. I still hope that it can be resolved peacefully sometime in the near future.

Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »

Opps Thanks for the correction, JamJul. Previous message has been removed/revoked. Its getting late(early) here and I am getting way too old for this!. I will be posting a modified version of my original post shortly

All for now.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: