Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 10:30:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IMG Stations  (Read 53303 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »

You didn't need to post. I already removed my post lol
Report to moderator   Logged
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 09:41:41 PM »

Many thanks for the information of IMG's station at Ganymede, which lead to the biggest victory ever in the galaxy's history (or biggest defeat on IMG's side,LOL). A station with 5.5M power and planet modules with 1.2M were destroyed, and thus, forever gone. The ships defending them fled, and their nukes, hundreds of thousands of marines, advanced weaponry, and advanced shields didn't survive the Syndicate's attacks. As a bonus, a Crematorium Mk XVI was destroyed and two Advanced Shields Mk CL were captured.

This huge victory is the first of its kind, and with this, any enemy should be wary of the Syndicate's ascendancy in the galaxy.

The Syndicate's offer in this thread is still active, and new information about IMG stations will still be rewarded with at least 15 QPs!

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 10:17:42 PM »

Question is why you would need to be tipped off in the first place. Dadds did say he was setting up somewhere for fuel.  Common sense means all one has to do is search through Sol to find it. So if you really did need a tip on that one's location it makes me wonder how hard you are actually looking.  Also lets add in the losses you took. QP to speed up the attack. QP to reward whoever this is. Then of course there is your ships that got jumped. That is a large amount of marine loss as well.  I am sure you can replace the cost. But I am pretty sure it set you back a little.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 02:23:26 AM »

Well, before IMG set up its station there, I recently just finished scouting Sol. His station wasn't there for that long, and besides, you just don't scout Sol everyday to find out what's new.

I would've found it out myself eventually, but I can't go back on my post and not reward the player who informed me.  laugh

As I've stated in another thread, only ONE SHIP jumped, and its power was only 5M. Doesn't cost much to replace them. But you're right, I've spent tens of millions of solars to speed it up, but they lost much much more than that. Aside from the financial side, I've also achieved what I think is worth much more than the solars spent: by far the biggest victory ever.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:29:54 AM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 12:45:38 PM »

Actually when PMI was at war with IMG, Dadds would have never even set up a station there. At that time Sol was patrolled daily. lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »

LOL you guys all forget most of the power that was there was nukes, which were used to great effect.
Ganymede was put out there as a test of fidelity, and an experiment. Its purpose served our needs well and tested out and found wanting: the combat system yet again. And it identified treachery, which is what i was looking for. That individual by accepting your blood money, made himself a criminal. By extension, also any corp he is associated with.
Notice will be posted when i get time to issue the orders, on a public hanging, when i can be bothered to play the game some more.

Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »

3  Just found this, should I move my science modules from Ganymede? Couldn't  believe my luck finding a 9 slot depleted planet so close to home, but if its going to be contended, I will remove them.

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 08:17:27 PM »

It is not wise to set up anywhere in 0,0.  It is a hot bed for pirating.  At the very least you want to go out to the second ring.  Though I understand in the beginning that isn't so easy to do.
sargas
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 08:23:47 PM »

and, in the early stages of the game, it is best to place your labs on a ship in Earth orbit.  they are safe there.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2014, 02:53:30 AM »

Jesse, you have my assurance that the Syndicate will not destroy it if you do set up labs there.  1
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 10:18:26 AM »

Did I hear right? Is this the first assurance of the Syndicate?

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 10:59:43 AM »

I wouldn't trust a word he says.  He said he would destroy all of Sol to if we added him to the outlaw list.  He hasn't done so.  He also said all GC stations he found would be destroyed.  Then he didn't destroy some he found within Sol.  So yeah he tends to say one thing and do another.  You can't trust a word of what he says.
Jesse3
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »

I picked up my mods, had to sell half my upgraded cargo bays and a few others to do it, but its done. I wish to make it clear that I did not do so because of Admiral Raphael, he gave his word and that's enough for me...once.  I did so, after realizing the new argument I started between you, that I just announced that location to every other player in the game. I'm going back to anonymity while prying my foot out of my mouth. Happy New Year.
FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014, 07:37:26 PM »

I have to say the whole situation with Raph and the GC is kinda having the reverse reaction to me, were Fenix finds it boring and pointless(witch I agree only because of the pvp aspect) I find it rather entertaining. What I meen by this is ive been playing for just over two months and gaining solars can be a very slow progress, so while I wait for this currency to flood in I enjoy reading the forum posts and the bickering back and forth, reminds me of a soup on tv. 16

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 06:04:33 AM »

what soup do we remind you of? i like to think of myself as a vegetable soup, homegrown and very earthy lol
Sorry i know it was type, and you mean "soap", something we need to introduce Raphael to, scented soap in particular lol

I am glad we are at least providing some entertainment out there for the crowds. At least there is something positive coming from this minor fuss haha
At least you guys all have a chance of witnessing all the fireworks and fallout from this since we moved the fight close to the heart of Sol for all to bear witness to.

Read some of Raphaels very early work on the forums where he boasts of how much he has raided people and how much cash he made in the beginning at the expense of newer players also trying to get a start in the game. There you will find  the start of this really good sit-comm soapy. This is where the GC stepped in, and was formed for.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: