Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 09:20:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IMG Stations  (Read 53296 times)
Jazzbob
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:47 AM »

...and the reading audience is waiting for Raph to reply....
...WILL HE TAKE THE OFFER by Matamaure? ...
One of mine VS all of yours
Report to moderator   Logged

Leader
IMPERIAL TRADE ORGANISATION
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2014, 05:30:14 AM »

yeah....we are all waiting....either offer. Power isnt really a significant number in this game with some of the different ways to build out a ship compliment. As matamure says, based on your number system, any one of the top players can design a ship given enough time, to take on your entire corp, which is why i dont mind standing by my words there.
a lot of your power is coming from shielding, the rest from marines (shoot last and take hostages). My "power" is very hidden in its ship builds but i will not go into details there. Best way to educate you is to show you physically. When i look at a power ratio, if i have odds of 8:12 or better, combat is a walk over for me.
Again you tell us how powerful you are, and yet you are not willing to put it into action. So grab a flag, and a system, draw a line and i will bring a picnic basket and my troop.
I have always shown up when you post me a location. Usually though, you leave before the event is concluded.
I stand by my words and backed up by my actions. And i hear there is a change to the combat rules coming soon with any luck...lets watch how useful all that power is then lol

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2014, 10:53:40 AM »

Once again a huge victory for the Syndicate: another IMG station was destroyed (2.5M power), along with scores of science labs, which produced hundreds of thousands of research points per hour for IMG. Fortunately the Syndicate was able to seize dozens of labs as well that now increased the Syndicate's research by 100,000 points per hour. That more than makes up for all the SSS labs destroyed in the past, so you're back to square one, TGE. laugh

Bounties were sent plus a little extra for the labs!  smoke

Keep those information flowing, bounty hunters!  1
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »

You are full of it regarding bounty. As there was a 100% WHD on site there and has been for many months, there has only been one visitor to that planet in all that time and that is my friend Sargas of EoS. This is a fact you cant deny, Raphael as i have all the records to show it. Since Sargas didnt do it then there couldnt have been a bounty payment to anyone.
And the report just shows how the combat system needs this overhaul quickly introduced. The defending orbital station was the last thing you managed to remove with 1 attacking ship of marines. The planet should never have been able to be overcome until it was removed first.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 08:51:02 PM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2014, 03:10:11 AM »

Then you messed up somewhere again. Bounty was certainly paid, and there's no way I would actually scout planets that are over a hundred lightyears away from Sol.. You wanna bet on this? A thousand QPs perhaps? You will eat your words again. LOL

The current battle system isn't that unrealistic. I mean, if an attacking ship's real goal is the planet modules, and the defending station is too weak to put a dent on the attacker's shields, I don't see why it's impossible for the ship to go around the station and just attack the planet. Stations don't have engines to completely block or pursue a ship, unlike ships.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2014, 03:44:02 AM »

Then you messed up somewhere again. Bounty was certainly paid, and there's no way I would actually scout planets that are over a hundred lightyears away from Sol.. You wanna bet on this? A thousand QPs perhaps? You will eat your words again. LOL

The current battle system isn't that unrealistic. I mean, if an attacking ship's real goal is the planet modules, and the defending station is too weak to put a dent on the attacker's shields, I don't see why it's impossible for the ship to go around the station and just attack the planet. Stations don't have engines to completely block or pursue a ship, unlike ships.

At this point of time though, it seems likely that stations at the very least have some sort of maneuvering thrusters built in. Even if we can't see them. Otherwise I can't see one maintaining a good orbit around a planet such as Jupiter.   Though I can see possibly getting around a station, I think it would be better if they had to go through the station first.  As for the bounty. Considering there is only 1 person who knew where he was and from what I was informed, there was only 1 additional ship detected coming in just prior to your attack and it came from a system Sargas seems to be set up in, it is a safe bet as to who may have tipped you off.  It was likely either him or you were lieing.  As for scouting planets away from Sol.  With as many ships as you have, it wouldn't be that hard of a job to do. Especially if you use your COMs to sorta scout out nearby areas to see what might be around and hope to get lucky as you do COM missions.

Sargas if you would like to speak up and defend yourself now would be the time. I am not making accusations against you.  Just looking at the situation as it appears to be.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 05:47:20 AM »

Why would i pay 1000 QP to listen to your lies. I can get all the lies from you i want right here for free! haha
The only way you are ever going to prove you paid a bounty on info is to out your infidel confidant with a dialogue posting and a financial report showing the transfer of funds.
So as usual i will just gather up a list of possible suspects and summarily execute all of them for treachery.

I have a good set of leads to go on this time.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 06:08:24 AM »

Doesn't really matter if you believe me or not. Good luck looking for the suspects! Hahaha

What matters to me is that I spent around 30 million and you lost more than 100 million worth of modules. Well actually I didnt spend anything coz I got it all back from all the captured science labs mk C and loot that I took from you. So its zero to your 100 million.  laugh

Edit: Sargas has nothing to do with this. Are you gonna use this as an excuse as well to prevent his corp from joining the GC?  laugh
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:13:46 AM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 06:27:50 PM »

At this point of time though, it seems likely that stations at the very least have some sort of maneuvering thrusters built in. Even if we can't see them. Otherwise I can't see one maintaining a good orbit around a planet such as Jupiter.   Though I can see possibly getting around a station, I think it would be better if they had to go through the station first.  As for the bounty. Considering there is only 1 person who knew where he was and from what I was informed, there was only 1 additional ship detected coming in just prior to your attack and it came from a system Sargas seems to be set up in, it is a safe bet as to who may have tipped you off.  It was likely either him or you were lieing.  As for scouting planets away from Sol.  With as many ships as you have, it wouldn't be that hard of a job to do. Especially if you use your COMs to sorta scout out nearby areas to see what might be around and hope to get lucky as you do COM missions.

Sargas if you would like to speak up and defend yourself now would be the time. I am not making accusations against you.  Just looking at the situation as it appears to be.

What do I have to defend if there are no accusations.  If you have something to say to my  or ask me then do so and don't try innuendo...
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 12:23:35 AM »

Because Sargas you are Dadds's number 1 suspect.  You knew where his science planet was and wormhole detector data shows a ship coming from a nearby area that you have stuff in.  Gronk also apparently has some from there as well. You know how Dadds gets when he is worked up. That is why I am saying it is a good idea to speak up and calm things before they get out of control.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 02:08:02 AM »

Because Sargas you are Dadds's number 1 suspect.  You knew where his science planet was and wormhole detector data shows a ship coming from a nearby area that you have stuff in.  Gronk also apparently has some from there as well. You know how Dadds gets when he is worked up. That is why I am saying it is a good idea to speak up and calm things before they get out of control.

FIRST:
Do not advocate for Dadds!  If Dadds has an issue with me he, and only he, has the right to question me.

SECOND:
...'wormhole detector data' shows a ship coming from a ... ...Gronk also has...
what ship was discovered? and from where? Was it mine?  Was it Gronk's?  or was it someone elses?
Please do not try to introduce this type of 'well, he has a ship that size... inquiry.

THIRD< FOURTH< FIFTH, ETC, etc...etc...

Why is PMI(oops make that read TGE) still trying to appease IMG?

(edit -

...sigh...   ...never mind, it doesn't really matter...

...sigh...)...   ...   ...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:13:16 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2014, 02:40:22 AM »

I am not trying to appease IMG.  Dadds probably won't like it I said as much as I did. But I said something so you would have a heads up so you could try to maybe salvage the situation before you end up in some hot water.  Next time I guess I will just stay out of it and just let whatever is going to occur happen.  As for your questions, just ask Dadds on that.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2014, 04:24:37 AM »

I am not trying to appease IMG.  Dadds probably won't like it I said as much as I did. But I said something so you would have a heads up so you could try to maybe salvage the situation before you end up in some hot water.  Next time I guess I will just stay out of it and just let whatever is going to occur happen.  As for your questions, just ask Dadds on that.

You are the one who challenged me on this, not Dadds.  If Dadds needs my input on anything, I am sure he will (as he has in the past) ask me in private. 

If you have any need of my input, ask me privately,
 the public doesn't really need to see your dirty laundry.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2014, 05:13:56 AM »

Very well.  I tried to give you a heads up but you don't seem to want to listen.  I will just keep out of this from now on.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2014, 10:43:43 AM »

Edit: Sargas has nothing to do with this. Are you gonna use this as an excuse as well to prevent his corp from joining the GC?  laugh
Why all of a sudden are you concerned who is joining the GC? Last time i checked you were warning others not to petition or join or get involved with the GC or risk attack from yourself, Raphael. I would think that my vote to deny EoS access would be music to your ears.....how odd that you would now be petitioning me to have him included!
If Sargas has nothing to do with it, Raphael, then I would be considering telling me who is responsible for treachery.
I know that area of space more than anyone in the game, since it has been my base since the PMI-IMG wars. I know who comes and goes there. Or, more importantly, i know very few go there, which narrows down the suspects greatly. Unlike in Sol, where every man and his dog travels in and out of, there are very few visitors out that way to "tip you off"
As to how much i lost? it hardly made me flinch since i was just in the process of a major science build up. If you had have waited another week you may have captured some very great prize from the modules i was about to install and swap out there, so i didnt even notice the dip in my science research because i already was building double the size modules that were on the planet. only really thing that annoys me is the few modules you captured are in possession of someone too lazy to build anything for himself of any significance, and it happened when i took a few hours away from the game. Normally i would have been online at the time of the hit and the story would have been very different then.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: