Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 28, 2024, 03:25:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IMG Stations  (Read 53313 times)
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2014, 02:17:25 PM »

jerry
Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2014, 07:21:46 PM »

Edit: Sargas has nothing to do with this. Are you gonna use this as an excuse as well to prevent his corp from joining the GC?  laugh
Why all of a sudden are you concerned who is joining the GC? Last time i checked you were warning others not to petition or join or get involved with the GC or risk attack from yourself, Raphael. I would think that my vote to deny EoS access would be music to your ears.....how odd that you would now be petitioning me to have him included!
If Sargas has nothing to do with it, Raphael, then I would be considering telling me who is responsible for treachery.
I know that area of space more than anyone in the game, since it has been my base since the PMI-IMG wars. I know who comes and goes there. Or, more importantly, i know very few go there, which narrows down the suspects greatly. Unlike in Sol, where every man and his dog travels in and out of, there are very few visitors out that way to "tip you off"
As to how much i lost? it hardly made me flinch since i was just in the process of a major science build up. If you had have waited another week you may have captured some very great prize from the modules i was about to install and swap out there, so i didnt even notice the dip in my science research because i already was building double the size modules that were on the planet. only really thing that annoys me is the few modules you captured are in possession of someone too lazy to build anything for himself of any significance, and it happened when i took a few hours away from the game. Normally i would have been online at the time of the hit and the story would have been very different then.

LOL, I am not petitioning for EoS. I'm just amused by the fact that the GC has become so paranoid that they prevent EoS's admission even though all the criteria were met.  laugh

I think there's something wrong with you, Dadds. Why would I tell you who tipped me off? Do you think I care about what the GC thinks/does? Haha

My target was the station. Your labs were just extra and I didn't need them in the first place. I've been maxing out useless tech like the WHD, and I've been maintaining at least 500,000,000 RPs for any significant change in the battle system, so you can keep your labs. I'm just interested in destroying your weak stations for fun--why don't you set up another station somewhere now so I can blow it up again?  1

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2014, 03:03:02 AM »

Edit: Sargas has nothing to do with this. Are you gonna use this as an excuse as well to prevent his corp from joining the GC?  laugh
Why all of a sudden are you concerned who is joining the GC? Last time i checked you were warning others not to petition or join or get involved with the GC or risk attack from yourself, Raphael. I would think that my vote to deny EoS access would be music to your ears.....how odd that you would now be petitioning me to have him included!
If Sargas has nothing to do with it, Raphael, then I would be considering telling me who is responsible for treachery.
I know that area of space more than anyone in the game, since it has been my base since the PMI-IMG wars. I know who comes and goes there. Or, more importantly, i know very few go there, which narrows down the suspects greatly. Unlike in Sol, where every man and his dog travels in and out of, there are very few visitors out that way to "tip you off"
As to how much i lost? it hardly made me flinch since i was just in the process of a major science build up. If you had have waited another week you may have captured some very great prize from the modules i was about to install and swap out there, so i didnt even notice the dip in my science research because i already was building double the size modules that were on the planet. only really thing that annoys me is the few modules you captured are in possession of someone too lazy to build anything for himself of any significance, and it happened when i took a few hours away from the game. Normally i would have been online at the time of the hit and the story would have been very different then.

LOL, I am not petitioning for EoS. I'm just amused by the fact that the GC has become so paranoid that they prevent EoS's admission even though all the criteria were met.  laugh

I think there's something wrong with you, Dadds. Why would I tell you who tipped me off? Do you think I care about what the GC thinks/does? Haha

My target was the station. Your labs were just extra and I didn't need them in the first place. I've been maxing out useless tech like the WHD, and I've been maintaining at least 500,000,000 RPs for any significant change in the battle system, so you can keep your labs. I'm just interested in destroying your weak stations for fun--why don't you set up another station somewhere now so I can blow it up again?  1

The reason for denying his corp entrance is because he made a deal with a known enemy of the GC.  He had intentions of joining the GC even before he had formed his corp. He talked to me about that.  Anyone would find that suspicious even if their prior stuffing that could make someone suspicious. I am not saying I would be against him not joining forever. Perhaps in the future he can if he shows everyone in the GC, not just me,  he can be trusted.  I am not the one he needs to really convince.  There are 2 other corps that need convincing as well.  Hell out of us I prob will be the easiest to convince.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »

You do care what we think and do, because you are commenting on it and giving your opinion. Dont make comment then declare you dont care. Just makes you look like a well.... probably cant use such strong terms here....
With regard to bounties:
Bounties traditionally are public posted petitions to offer reward for information or result by the poster. As such a public document also records the recipient of that bounty for all to scrutinize. Most are happy to be acknowledged because in some way they become heroes in public eye, so long as they are doing stuff lawfully.
Your clandestine concept of what a bounty is, isnt a bounty offer. Its criminal behavior at the very least passing undercover dirty money around to cowards who are even lower on the food chain than you are.
As such that food chain is about to be removed from existence so it will then force you to have to do your own "dirty work" which you are incapable of doing.
Watch carefully the next series of encounters, bounty posters and recipients, and see just exactly what happens to those dabbling in criminal conduct.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2014, 06:56:24 PM »

I don't care about the GC, but I do care about new players. I never hit players "newer" than me, unless they are part of the war. Fact is, if it weren't for new players, this game would never see any update at all.  1

Bounty hunters are not afraid of your empty threats because you don't know them at all, and the reward is too big to ignore. And as long as stations can be destroyed, IMG and TGE will never be able to set up a decent station. I will destroy every single one of them, even if I have to spend thousands of QPs!  12
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:02:40 PM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »

blah...blah....blah....so far all you have destroyed have been small outposts marginally built and claiming victory over previously vacated sites. Next you will be claiming the victory over humankind moving on and migrating out of Africa....
Fact is, if it weren't for new players, this game would never see any update at all.
See, the GC was formed with new players in mind, and yet you want to oppose our resolutions to protect those newer players? .....and you will find that the updates come mostly from the ideas and continued support and request of ideas from the senior players in the game, more so than a new player who tries the game for the first time and gets bored or frustrated from "tough guys" like you who beat them into the ground before they get a chance to have a real go in the game.
Bounty hunters are not afraid of your empty threats because you don't know them at all, and the reward is too big to ignore
.....<click!> lock and load tough guy and skulking cowards.....i am coming for you all. I know more than you could possibly comprehend, Raphael. Time to go running away again Raphael.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2014, 03:58:25 AM »

"Small outposts"? LOL! If they were all small, then why aren't you setting up any new stations like them? Oh, that's right, because you're scared of getting humiliated againlaugh

When did I say that I oppose resolutions to protect new players? Stop making up stories.

The only one who's running away is you and your corp, Dadds. Remember Saturn?   1
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2014, 05:32:15 AM »

The only one who's running away is you and your corp, Dadds. Remember Saturn?
Hense my referrence to the migrating neanderthal that evolved into you, Raphael. I guess you missed that subtle point. Because i chose to leave Saturn to pursue and utilize my assets and resources in someplace new and different, you claim it as a victory? You never once removed me from Saturn in a real battle, and that also goes for Jupiter and former PMI. You want to claim victory for evolution? lol Your ego is writing cheques your skills and ability cant back up
"Small outposts"? LOL! If they were all small, then why aren't you setting up any new stations like them? Oh, that's right, because you're scared of getting humiliated again!
Because of that very reason. They are small outposts. Why should i provide you cheap target practice to keep crowing on about as if you are the best combat veteran in the universe. Your "fierce" combat ships can only take on planets and stationary orbitals, and even then it takes you many turns to overcome. Verses a real combat ship you couldnt overcome the smallest of mine.
If you want to prove it, hang around next time i open up an attack counter on you and we shall show you and any who care to notice what a laugh your ships really are.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2014, 04:50:51 AM »

You can provide all the excuses you want, it all doesn't matter. IMG is just a shadow of what it once was--a has been. You have yet to score a real victory over the Syndicate. As of now, the score stands at 2-0. Yes, you are the one at 0. LOL! I caused damage to you that's worth in the hundreds of millions of solars. Not to mention many many thousands of manufacturing hours lost, and stalled research as well. Your corp size and level of activity also have seen better days. Haha! So all in all, I can definitely claim victory over your corp, something that you can never claim over SSS since I have become stronger than ever. That's a fact, and surely very different from your sorry excuses!  laugh   

Don't go boasting about your smallest ship when you recently just lost a 1v1 battle that YOU initiated! Well done making a fool of yourself, Dadds! What's your sorry excuse this time?? ROFL
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »

I will provide the excuse for him.   After seeing what your shields strength was and looking over his own stuff, he calculated he should  be able to get through your shields.  After seeing the stuff he sent me I figured he should have been able to anyways. Even with 1 laser miss it should have pierced them.  There seems too be something in the ingame calculations we are missing or something.  These things do happen though.   BTW did you enjoy my little hit on your ship the other day? I know it is an easy one to come back for.  I just couldn't resist.

As for victories. Yes you do have some. Yes IMG is not quite what it was. However as for saturn and Jupiter, IMG seemed to realize it was pointless to really keep a useless planet like that. Though I will admit you had a few minor victories there so I can see how you could possibly try to claim victory there.   As for Jupiter, when we had it we always held.  We just got tired of using resources their on a useless planet.  It was pointless to keep it.  So we pulled out.  Hell it was dumb to even set up there cause it had no real value other then maybe political.  We left because we wanted to.  Not because of you. So you can't really claim you beat us and ran us out of there.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2014, 07:43:04 PM »

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You missed something big time. There's no way that ship could get through my shields, even if that laser didn't miss. Maybe you should just stick to attacking my labs that can't fire back.  laugh

Yes, I really like that hit. Do you want to waste another 100 QPs? I can tell you the location of my other ships right now. Haha

Well, if it wasn't for me, there would absolutely be no valid reason for you guys to leave. The GC doesn't have enemies as strong as me, so I am the only one who posed a threat. And that threat was constantly pointed toward the stations, and thus defending the stations was not worth it. If I wasn't an enemy and you wanted to move out, you would still have left minor stations there (fuel stations at the very least). And the way the game is designed right now, it's just impossible to completely leave Sol, and at some point you just have to return for resources and personnel. So yeah, you guys left because of me.  12
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:52:02 PM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 01:18:29 AM »

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You missed something big time. There's no way that ship could get through my shields, even if that laser didn't miss. Maybe you should just stick to attacking my labs that can't fire back.  laugh

Yes, I really like that hit. Do you want to waste another 100 QPs? I can tell you the location of my other ships right now. Haha

Well, if it wasn't for me, there would absolutely be no valid reason for you guys to leave. The GC doesn't have enemies as strong as me, so I am the only one who posed a threat. And that threat was constantly pointed toward the stations, and thus defending the stations was not worth it. If I wasn't an enemy and you wanted to move out, you would still have left minor stations there (fuel stations at the very least). And the way the game is designed right now, it's just impossible to completely leave Sol, and at some point you just have to return for resources and personnel. So yeah, you guys left because of me.  12

The point is he thought they could and he had valid reasons for thinking that. But these things do happen. We really need better battle mechanics lol.

I only hit your ships if I happen to have a COM in the same place.  I had just finished a COM there. You showed up, I decided to hit it.  It was no real loss for me.

Actually even if you weren't an enemy, I wouldn't have bothered to leave small stations there myself.  There would have been no point in it since we no longer had any interest in Jupiter.  You are right about one thing though.  We all have to go back to Sol sometimes. lol
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 04:37:23 PM »

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You missed something big time. There's no way that ship could get through my shields, even if that laser didn't miss.
Battle report summary:
View Battle   Dadds   Admiral Raphael   Omicron Eridani->Beta Omicron Eridani   2,410,945   13,771,123   83.42% / 41.25%   07-Feb-2014 16:47
Scan results from Raphael ship:
Scold's Bridle
Ship abilities:   
Weapons   Shield   Armor   Manpower   Combat speed   Dodge   Interplanetary   Interstellar   Cargo bay
5276180   3218750   0   5276180   0.25 km/s   0%   0.01378 AU/s   0.0024 LY/s   11175 m3
Total power: 13,771,123 (W+S+A/2+M+50*Cs)
Ships attacking details:
Weapons   Shield   Armor   Manpower   Combat speed   Dodge   Interplanetary   Interstellar   Cargo bay
7603500   801281   0   227435   11.97 km/s   45%   0 AU/s   0 LY/s   12000 m3
Total power: 2,411,094 (W+S+A/2+M+50*Cs)   Hangar bay:   0 m3
OK firstly, some math. Odds of victory 2:57 against me. I was never under any illusion it wasnt going to be a tough battle. This was a test of combat mechanics and mathematics. Not sure where you see that as making a fool out of myself!
Now lets add the implied 85% of hidden power which all top VIP pilots have. Your figures now look like this:
Weapons  Shield
9,760,933 5,954,687
Big numbers but weapons dont scare me since you dont have any weapons. Only marine. The number i see is shields. Last time i checked, unless someone has changed the fundamental laws of mathematics is that 7,603,500 is MUCH larger than 5,954,687 in the real world. Of course, we are not in the real world here, and Raphael is clearly in a little world of his own.
So you can say, OK allow some points for minor hits, missed targets and all, but then there is the other side of the balance of luck, which i critical hits etc. OH, one other fact i forgot to mention. ALL (90%+) of my weaponry is LASER. so add my 33% bonus for laser onto weaponry vs shield, (after removing marine power) and we get to a daunting 10M+ weaponry report from SCORPION. More than enough to do the job, a mathematician would say. And he would be right....IN A REAL WORLD!
Other facts relating to the test:
All Scorpion's weaponry fired and hit bar 1 hit
All of the strikes were hit or better! Which means average or better than average hits. 1 LASER missed its target out of 5
Total damage produced by my weaponry?: Answer:
4,633,168. OK so what happened to that 10M+ power i had? less than 20% of my weaponry missed (25% if you count laser only) So it should have still hit at 7.5M power. Instead, i see a figure which is less than half of the reported (average) power i should have delivered, based on bonuses, status, combat science et al.
Who is the biggest loser here? The game, because the results dont measure up to the facts that should have occurred based on empirical data
If you look at the ratio of shield:overall power, your ship with added 85% bonuses implied gives you a shield ratio of 43.24%. I did 41.25% damage even though my ship missed with 1 weapon, and was not (i believe) given its correct calculations and bonuses as per the game states.  If that 5TH LASER had hit, the results, even though i have been robbed of correct values, would have been very different.
So when you quote something, make sure you know what you are talking about and try the math out. This info will be presented to the designer of the combat systems also for review. Lets face it, only way to work out "bugs" is by testing, and you make a really good test dummy, Raphael!

And on the subject of wins v losses: Well we can never have a win against you, Raphael, because according to you, hitting one of yours ships doesnt count because we cant destroy it, and yet hitting one of my ships does count? You never build anything cause you are too scared of losing it. FYI SCORPION was back up and running at 100% strength in less than a minute. Did you forget all those other ships i sent constantly jumping out of system? Seems to have slipped your mind i guess but if you want to keep a count i will go check my tally on how many losses you actually have faced. So who really made a fool of themselves in this battle? Probably both of us for this long-winded and pointless discussion. I have better things to be doing right now, and mean to go and do it.
Battle report follows, for any who havent fallen asleep with all this boring math:

Beta Omicron Eridani

Attacker opened fire!

FBG Scorpion Vs. Scold's Bridle
Weapons assault
FBG Scorpion maneuvers into fire range and attacks first.
FBG Scorpion attacks with Laser Cannon MK CCXXX using standard mode.
Direct hit on target, doing 820801 damage!

The attack missed the target completely!

Direct hit on target, doing 874624 damage!

Critical hit on target, doing 1399398 damage!

Hit on target, doing 753522 damage!

Boarding assault
FBG Scorpion maneuvers into boarding range first.
FBG Scorpion sending Marines Assault Unit MK CCC to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 784823 damage!
Scold's Bridle sending Marines Assault Unit MK CCC to find a boarding spot.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 437230 damage!

Scold's Bridle maneuvers into boarding range first.
The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 357351 damage!

The boarding party found an area and sabotaged it, doing 412005 damage!
Target shield is down!
EMERGENCY JUMP!
FBG Scorpion has retreated from the battlefield due to heavy damage!
Scold's Bridle captured a group of 1435 enemy personnel during the fight.
Cargo bay at full capacity! Cargo search aborted.

Objective: Destroy 10% or more of the enemy while losing less % then the enemy.

Attacker defeated!

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2014, 07:17:55 PM »

I'm not going to even bother reading such a long post. It's probably just full of empty rhetoric anyway.  laugh
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2014, 05:33:45 AM »

yeap, go with the "ostrich" approach again. When the truth is put plain and simple in front of you, stick your head in the sand, or other less desirable places you stick it, and ignore the facts. You will make up your own set of facts later.
That post was to show openness and the correct information to all those pilots out there that are interested. You not reading it or being able to dispute it just makes my point all the more.

Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: