Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 11:16:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IMG Stations  (Read 53339 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2014, 05:38:11 AM »

Dadds something just occurred to me, did you factor in your marine's attack power into your calculations there?  Those don't get the added damage.  That said you probably should have still been able to get through.  I wonder if the actual damage lasers has over shields is even working right though.  Perhaps SirEmi should look into that.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:23 AM »

yeah. lets isolate it a bit more JamJul.
each of my Laser has a base attack of 349,500. OK, take out most fleets with just one of those numbers i know. big gun right? not as big as she should be.
add my bonuses and the bomber percentage to that of 285%? we get 1,345,575 based on an average hit.
OK but, now they are laser vs shield. two forks of math come here. does the % get added to the 285% or added AFTER the 285% is applied.
Anyway, if we add, after the 285%, figure we now get per module should deliver 1,789,614 damage PER laser installation.
if we add the 285% to the 33% then apply, we get 1,460,910 PER module. Not the way the math should be done but anyhow......
Multiply that by 5 (or 4 in the case of one laser missing)
x5 best scenario damage = 8,948,070 x4 actual result expected = 7,158,456 damage (on average hit )
x5 worst case scenario damage = 7,304,550 actual result expected = 5,843,640 damage delivered (on average hit)
slip in a few criticals, or direct hit in there, and expect more damage delivered, i would think. slip in minor hit expect less is the way i see the numbers game.
Now i look at the few hits i delivered there, and i see a critical hit, delivering 1.3M power. well i would expect that my laser should deliver that on average, not as a critical, based on those numbers i just presented.
Anyway, all those numbers shows that the combat should have been in my favour if the numbers are applied correctly and i am not missing anything. The fact that my marine did an extra 784K of damage (2x what raphaels CCC marine did to me) shows that they at least have the 200% applied to them. but when you remove that from actual damage done by my lasers, it shows that laser is in fact not producing the numbers it should be doing at those levels. (Remember, my total damage delivered was only 4,633,168 which when you take out marine damage is only 3,848,345 damage accredited to my total laser power. less than half what it should be. where is my 200%?)
Sir Emi, if you are reading this, that would be my question. Where is the promised optimization and laser bonuses promised to me in a bomber optimized frigate? I dont see the numbers that i should be seeing, unless your math is designed differently from mine.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:20:09 AM by Dadds » Report to moderator   Logged

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2014, 03:01:31 PM »

One last thing.  We do see the increase already from optimizations, officers and combat tactics on our ships right away. The only increase we don't see when looking is from lasers vs shields. Sorry if I am misunderstanding and you already did this.  I am tired and I just woke up lol.   Try powering down everything. Look at the weapon power it shows from just marines. Then power up 1 of the lasers and look at how much it increases the weapons power.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »

A long post from Dadds with lots of explanations, and there was something wrong in the first place? LOL Good thing I didn't waste my time reading it. Hahaha

But yeah, if there is indeed something wrong (which I doubt), SirEmi should look into this as I have started building my first PvP ship that can even defeat TGE's Command #1. Time to shut IMG up for good!  laugh
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:05:35 AM by raphael » Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2014, 04:42:50 AM »

A long post from Dadds with lots of explanations, and there was something wrong in the first place? LOL Good thing I didn't waste my time reading it. Hahaha

But yeah, if there is indeed something wrong (which I doubt), SirEmi should look into this as I have started building my first PvP ship that can even defeat TGE's Command #1. Time to shut IMG up for good!  laugh

Under it's old build defeating it wouldn't be easy.  It is a lot weaker now then it was back before it was robbed of many of it's modules. Still there are more improvements that will be coming to it in the near future.  I just don't got time to get to those because I am also busy working on several of my other ships and some ships for Corp use.  Since you only have your own stuff to worry about and corp ships purely for your own use, you don't have as much to worry about and it is easier to focus your efforts.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2014, 11:43:30 PM »

One last thing.  We do see the increase already from optimizations, officers and combat tactics on our ships right away. The only increase we don't see when looking is from lasers vs shields. Sorry if I am misunderstanding and you already did this.  I am tired and I just woke up lol.   Try powering down everything. Look at the weapon power it shows from just marines. Then power up 1 of the lasers and look at how much it increases the weapons power.

Before:
FBG Scorpion

Ship abilities:   Tactical adv: , +285% Weapons, +285% Shield, +285% Armor
Weapons   Shield   Armor   Manpower   Combat speed   Dodge   Interplanetary   Interstellar   Cargo bay
875625   801281   0   227435   11.97 km/s   45%   0 AU/s   0 LY/s   12000 m3
Total power: 663,594 (W+S+A/2+M+50*Cs)

After (1 laser module):
Ship abilities:   Tactical adv: , +285% Weapons, +285% Shield, +285% Armor
Weapons   Shield   Armor   Manpower   Combat speed   Dodge   Interplanetary   Interstellar   Cargo bay
2221200   801281   0   227435   11.97 km/s   45%   0 AU/s   0 LY/s   12000 m3
Total power: 1,013,094 (W+S+A/2+M+50*Cs)
so the numbers are OK on paper. 1 laser module reports as 1,345,575 (that doesnt include the 33% bonus for laser vs shield, remember) Module power is 349,500 for the class only so that gives me my 285% calculation correct. So, if all my laser modules are 1.3M each, why did only 1 hit that hard with a critical? that is the test that i was concluding so it was a very interesting test which fails in the field.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2014, 05:30:45 AM »

Back to the topic (and stop hijacking my d**n thread! LOL),

For the location of [IMG] jake1976's stations, I'm offering 1 QP for every 20,000 station power. So if one of his stations has 300,000 power, I will pay 15 QPs for that info.  Message Grand Admiral Raphael in-game. All info will be confidential. 1
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2014, 04:03:40 PM »

keep up the good work Jake, lets push his bounty up some more.
Other than the fact he is a coward in the field and wont face my ships, i love to watch him pay for nothing!

First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2014, 11:20:27 PM »

Dadds, why do you continue to use the same type of vocabulary to others that you take offense from?
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2014, 03:36:19 AM »

Because you started it, and because it helps me to ferret out my enemy's supporters, but mostly because it is an observable fact. Raphael cannot stand and fight against my ships, but he is very brave in the forums with claiming a victory for doing nothing in the combat arena. Armchair heroes, we call em. So strong and tough, just ask them. When it comes to getting the job done however.....well the evidence is in the log books.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 05:39:53 AM »

I am offering the bounty of 20 QP to anyone who can give me the location of any IMG stations. Doesn't matter which one it belongs to.  If your information is correct and I am able to destroy the station, you will be rewarded.   In case your wondering why I have to be able to destroy it for you to get it, that is simple because I am aware that dadds will likely try to send in people to give the location of places where he may want to to set a trap.   This ensures anyone who may be setting a trap will not get paid.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »

Dadds, why do you continue to use the same type of vocabulary to others that you take offense from?

Because you started it, and because it helps me to ferret out my enemy's supporters, but mostly because it is an observable fact. Raphael cannot stand and fight against my ships, but he is very brave in the forums with claiming a victory for doing nothing in the combat arena. Armchair heroes, we call em. So strong and tough, just ask them. When it comes to getting the job done however.....well the evidence is in the log books.

I started it?  When did I use offensive language in any conversation with you?  I'll admit that you find my differing opinions  offensive, but that has nothing to do with language.

Please answer my question and this time think before responding (think this - 'how would I feel if someone talked to me this way).
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »

I personally wouldn't care Sargas. If somebody called me a coward it's either true or it isn't. If true then he's right and I've no reason to take offense. If false, then he's got no idea what he's talking about and again I'd take no offense as I care not what fools think.

The reason Dadds says that is *because* he would be offended if it were said to him and he hopes to get the same emotional reaction out of others. He depends on his enemies' emotions overcoming their logic and reason. This is  because he doesn't stand a chance unless he brings them down to his level; being incapable of thinking rationally and developing a good strategy because they're too busy being offended.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:52:17 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 11:45:33 AM »

Quote from: sargas on 30 March 2014, 11:20:27

Quote from: Dadds on 30 March 2014, 15:36:19

I started it?  When did I use offensive language in any conversation with you?  I'll admit that you find my differing opinions  offensive, but that has nothing to do with language.

Please answer my question and this time think before responding (think this - 'how would I feel if someone talked to me this way).

I am using the collective "you" you all, or how do your 'mericans say it? ya'all?
You all choose to side on one side, that is cool. easy to work out the targets that way. You, Sargas, have been most outspoken against everything i have had to say in forum since i cant recall when. Now, i am just fed up with your collective opinions, and so all those who which to voice their opinion against me can meet me in the field of combat. If you look closely "Joolz" i didnt call Sargas a coward, it was raphael, who chooses to tell how great he is but runs from my warships like a little boy. Even more funny, is watching JamJul run like a frightened girl. Didnt even stick around 5 mins after i turned up at Sirius before he ran away. Abandoned his com mission and his panties lol. very funny. Big tough forum warriors. Pretty darn pathetic in combat.
And good luck to getting a bounty JamJul, you are just travelling down the path of the criminal and coward as expected. We know where you are. Expect lots more pain. Anyone selling info to JamJul will be in the same grouping as his corp. Its time to exterminate the rats.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 12:26:09 PM »

actually, it's spelled y'all (and it's plural is 'all y'all').

That's the teacher in me coming out, it (not law) was my first occupation (followed by welder/boilermaker and then 'used rug merchant'). lol.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:28:53 PM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: