Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 19, 2024, 02:16:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New look at the combat system  (Read 33506 times)
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »

Unsure why you would be using orbital stations to attack, unless for whatever reason you wanted to repel a ship from an orbit that contained an orbital. I would still like to think while there are ships of both sides in orbit, that orbitals, or planets dont engage what-so-ever, until they desperately have to defend, which brings in to effect the reinforcement benefit/bonus that orbitals and planets get. If you wanted to use an orbital as an assault vessel, then that reinforcement benefit should be removed. You cant "dig in" when you are on the attack.
Report to moderator   Logged

Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »

Ralph question intrigue me. I think he refer to the fact that 2 ennemies can have each space stations & ships around the same planet, like it was artound Jupiter at a time.  How do the space stations will or not participate in the battle and when.
sargas
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

It appears to me that the stations are for defense only and will not participate in an attack (not even against each other).
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »

If the attacker has stations / planetary forces, these will participate in the attack like this:

If attacker reaches "Phase three", then stations and planetary forces on both sides will join in after all the attacker ships.

If attacker ships are defeated, then defender ships will go to "Phase three" against the attacker stations and planetary forces. If this happens, only defender ships vs. attacker stations & planetary forces will fight, while defender facilities will stay safe.

sargas
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »

sounds good...
Matamaure001
Staff Sergeant

An empire builder

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2014, 06:14:11 PM »

Yep
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2014, 09:05:21 AM »

Thanks for clarifying, SirEmi.  1
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2014, 02:56:08 AM »

Any sort of estimated time you can give us for when these changes might happen? Like idk next month? Spring? Summer? lol

It wouldn't take too long once there's a good idea it usually gets implemented very fast. I'm very satisfied with the new server upgrade we did, and working on the updates now.

SirEmi, it's been over five weeks and still no update? 1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2014, 02:58:40 AM »

Any sort of estimated time you can give us for when these changes might happen? Like idk next month? Spring? Summer? lol

It wouldn't take too long once there's a good idea it usually gets implemented very fast. I'm very satisfied with the new server upgrade we did, and working on the updates now.

SirEmi, it's been over five weeks and still no update? 1

You sound a bit surprised. This doesn't surprise me at all. Look how long we have been waiting on some of the updates we have been promised.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2014, 03:02:23 AM »

That's true. I was just asking him nicely. LOL
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2014, 06:51:06 AM »

There's a big update coming soon, that will release the new pledge system with projects in progress details, reward system and estimated time to complete it.

The attack system improvement will be on top of the list. Other top projects are planetary fortress, supernova and mysterious encounters.

Other projects will include alliance voting pools, higher resolution system view, and other good stuff 1

The update will also include a new light office skin that will be the opposite of deep space one and lots of improvements to the interface, menus, module action icons, etc.

I've been working really hard on setting up the new development environment, so hopefully with the release of the pledge and rewards system, we will see regular updates every two weeks or so.
The best thing will be that you'll be able to track each project and see it being developed, suggest and comment on it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:00:33 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2014, 10:21:05 PM »

Well im looking forward to this pledge system SirEmi, and I already know which projects I will be working towards. Just cant jump up and down yet till its all updated.  19

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2014, 02:36:35 AM »

There's a big update coming soon, that will release the new pledge system with projects in progress details, reward system and estimated time to complete it.

The attack system improvement will be on top of the list. Other top projects are planetary fortress, supernova and mysterious encounters.

Other projects will include alliance voting pools, higher resolution system view, and other good stuff 1

The update will also include a new light office skin that will be the opposite of deep space one and lots of improvements to the interface, menus, module action icons, etc.

I've been working really hard on setting up the new development environment, so hopefully with the release of the pledge and rewards system, we will see regular updates every two weeks or so.
The best thing will be that you'll be able to track each project and see it being developed, suggest and comment on it.

I will believe it when I see it.  Look how long we have been waiting on novas.  I seriously have doubts we will see any of this anytime soon.
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »

yeah, i am not getting excited yet about imminent updates....maybe for xmas? Anyway, i am just removing all resources from every system i encounter until some action is called for when everyone runs out of materials lol
My question is though: If the pledge system comes into place, how soon from completed pledge to actual development can you implement it in? It is nothing now for top players to be spending 100's of QP just to speed up time to kick some butt with another player. I suspect if we spend that sort of cash on a pledge, and it still takes months to be developed, beta tested and bug fixed.......it could be an issue.

Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »

Combat system revamp project is in progress, expected delivery in 20 days or less  1

If you don't know how it works yet, please click on "Pledge" in the game, on the left menu and read all about it.

Thank you all for the support.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: