Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  March 29, 2024, 08:13:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Jam-Jul Lison vendetta  (Read 30274 times)
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »

Jam . Remove inactive player module is not a issues to me since no Super nova is installed.   My main point is removing player module without do noticed is wrong.  I has send out notice my inactive members in 10 to 15 days is demolition time if no reply.  For the older player they has cash to replace modules but new player may not has the cash a hand. ( are you paying for damage $$$$ ) Opps

If you wish to do the cleaning as you say. Go for it but don't hurt the new player. Remember how hard to start in the beginning.

You do realize how long it takes to search the galaxy right? Especially when when busy working a lot?  Somehow I doubt it since doing so is a big task.  This would take forever to do and likely wouldn't ever get finished if I sent out notices and waited. Especially that long.   As for hurting the new player, I am not going to even try try to look to see if they are old or new. Simple because both are guilty of leaving crap around after quitting. Considering I haven't gotten close to the 1st ring yet in my first though the newbies likely have quite a while to get on the forums and see my announcement before I get to them.
Report to moderator   Logged
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »

It's interesting to know that ITO is involved in this.  1

They aren't really doing the Cleansing. Mostly I think getting some left overs from inactive guys for themselves.  I can't blame them. No sense in letting that stuff go to waste.

^This. He was inactive and when we found it so I didn't see any reason not to have at it and test our combat vessels. It's not part of any systematic thing like Jam is doing.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2014, 05:08:57 AM »

Well then, I think I will also join ITO and TGE to prove my point that this way of cleansing isn't good for the galaxy. You guys can expect all stations of NHC (except lisunken and tet coz they are somewhat active in the forum) to be blown up, and that of others as well. Like them, I can't be bothered to check if they are active or not. If the GC has again proven themselves useless by not doing something against this, then the Syndicate will step up in their stead!   gun_bandana

And, oh, for the record: ITO and TGE started it all.  1
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »

Well then, I think I will also join ITO and TGE to prove my point that this way of cleansing isn't good for the galaxy. You guys can expect all stations of NHC (except lisunken and tet coz they are somewhat active in the forum) to be blown up, and that of others as well. Like them, I can't be bothered to check if they are active or not. If the GC has again proven themselves useless by not doing something against this, then the Syndicate will step up in their stead!   gun_bandana

And, oh, for the record: ITO and TGE started it all.  1

NHC losses don't bother me. They aren't part of the GC anymore.  Though it seems like your purpose in doing this is just to prove a point.  Mine is to just help clean up the galaxy.  I have already had several people contact me letting me know they are active.
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 02:23:42 AM »

Raph, you equate your setting about a mission to hunt inactive enemies to Jam's mission to get rid of clutter, and our peripherally spotting some inactive player stations in our rounds and taking them down for the spoils.

They are three different things. I somehow doubt you are so thick as to not grasp this. Do whatever you're going to do but for crying out loud don't equate apples to oranges. Comparing them is bad enough.

raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 11:13:58 AM »

Joolz, I don't care why you guys do it or what made you do it. My concern is the likely effect of those actions; the effect that both of your actions have in common: newbies that got hit will likely quit. Probably doesn't even have to be a newbie. Players sometimes get caught up with RL and don't log in for days or weeks, but it doesn't mean that they don't like the game anymore or that they quit. But if they log in and realize that their property was destroyed, that gives them a reason not to come back. You do realize that the game as of now needs all the players it can get, right? Can you grasp my point, Joolz?

What's ITO's official response to this Cleansing anyway? Seems like you are supporting Jam's actions.
FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »

I personally dont agree with a total cleansing of the galaxy with out notification to the said player about to be wiped, however I dont see anything wrong with hitting inactive old school players. Just my personally opinion and not ITO's.

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 12:01:59 AM »

Joolz, I don't care why you guys do it or what made you do it. My concern is the likely effect of those actions; the effect that both of your actions have in common: newbies that got hit will likely quit. Probably doesn't even have to be a newbie. Players sometimes get caught up with RL and don't log in for days or weeks, but it doesn't mean that they don't like the game anymore or that they quit. But if they log in and realize that their property was destroyed, that gives them a reason not to come back. You do realize that the game as of now needs all the players it can get, right? Can you grasp my point, Joolz?

What's ITO's official response to this Cleansing anyway? Seems like you are supporting Jam's actions.

You claim to be concerned about the actions yet you say you will do the same thing.  You also act like you care about the newbies.  Yet you went against the GC early on. Not only raiding and destroying stuff, but firmly trying to wage war against IMG before you were ever declared an outlaw. The GC was designed to help newer members and that is what we try to do.  Hell I still try to help them.  But it isn't doing anyone any good to have loads of inactive stuff just laying around.  I do understand some may quit over this.  Some newbies may become discouraged if hit.  Some semi-active people may return to find stuff destroyed and quit for good.  In my opinion Semi-Active players shouldn't be around in the first place if they are going to quit over something like this.  I have played games where I was unable to get on for a while and when I came back found I had been raided to hell and lost a lot of stuff.  But did I quit over it? Nope.  I worked hard to rebuild my stuff and become even stronger.   A good player who actually wants to play the game won't let something like that get them down.  As for new players, sooner or later they will be faced with someone attacking them.  Dadds himself almost quit in the beginning because of someone wiping out all his stuff. But him and several others decided to push on, form their own corp and become stronger. That decision was made shortly before our war with them began.  During that time they became even stronger.  Those that give up over something like this are likely to end up quitting eventually anyways.  The game needs more active players who are actually going to stick around instead of quitting because something doesn't go their way.
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2014, 06:59:51 PM »

I'm just waiting for ITO's official response to this Cleansing. Then I will decide who to target.  gun_bandana

I only went after the GC after IMG started acting all-powerful and self-righteous, and then started threatening me (even when I was a newbie) for raiding mines OUTSIDE of Sol. You guys probably thought that you could stop me, and that I was just like any other player who would cower after being threatened. It's obvious now that you bit off more than you can chew.  laugh
FreezeLove
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »

Why dont we all have alittle race, last one to 21,21 buys a round of beer. 16

You can call me what you want, just dont call me late for dinner!
JoolzVern
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2014, 12:00:36 AM »

Of course you don't care why we attacked a single inactive player, you just want to equate it with another player's(Jam's) entirely different, targeted, deliberate, systematic actions. I don't care why you ignore the facts and conflate the two to justify your own- it's still absurd.

As ITO's leader, I'm personally fairly indifferent towards Jam's mission either way and as a corp we each have our own opinions which I am open to in forming our policies. Our own 'policy' is to not start trouble, and I would say that attacking an inactive player should not be regarded as starting trouble.

Whether or not it's nice, necessary, runs off people that aren't active etc. is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is it's his choice how he plays the game and thus if he want's to go for easy, inactive targets for whatever reason it's really none of my business or by extension, that of ITO as we are not his boss/policymakers at TGE.

The same goes for  you, Raph. I'm not going to tell you not to  be a pirate. It's not my business. If you  make things difficult or become a nuissance then it might be my business to ask you to not  be a jerk etc. But other than that, what you do is not my concern, and neither is what Jam does.

Do I think maybe it would be nice for him to at least shoot off a PM to each player saying "I'm going after inactive players which you appear to be, sorry for your loss, it's nothing personal."? Yeah that would be nice of him, but it's his choice. I'm not going to tell him what to do or criticize him for doing what he does because it's soley his business if he would rather not waste time doing that. Now if it becomes a nuissance to ITO or newbs etc., then I might jump in and say  "Hey Jam, you mind not making things difficult for...." but as yet I'm not aware of these actions really being a problem for anyone but you Raph, and only because it gives you an excuse to be  adversarial.

As far as scaring off newbs goes I agree with Jam- if you're going to quit because you walked away and subsequently got hosed, then that's your problem. When a boxer walks off, he forfeits the match. It's not anybody else's fault, no matter who intimidated him, beat him previously, stole his lucky shorts etc. When you start playing a game like this you should expect inactivity to be rewarded with a good thrashing. If you are the kind of sore loser that runs off like a little girl then you probably will just take the fun out of it for the rest of us and so I say good riddance to such flakes, quitters, losers, and wanna-be captains.

Furthermore, Goodperson has over 8mil power which is more than all of ITO, so my actions should have absolutely ZERO effect on newbs and any attempt to paint it otherwise is laughable in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:59:07 AM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2014, 01:02:09 AM »

I'm just waiting for ITO's official response to this Cleansing. Then I will decide who to target.  gun_bandana

I only went after the GC after IMG started acting all-powerful and self-righteous, and then started threatening me (even when I was a newbie) for raiding mines OUTSIDE of Sol. You guys probably thought that you could stop me, and that I was just like any other player who would cower after being threatened. It's obvious now that you bit off more than you can chew.  laugh

The thing is though if you had a personal issue with IMG you could have filed a claim with the GC.   Just like when he was wanting to add you to the KOS list. Instead of threatening to cause sol to burn if we added you to our outlaw list, you could have simply requested to keep this between you and IMG.  It was your threat to Sol that prompted us to agree to adding you to the outlaw list.  We would have been more then happy to let you keep it between you guys.  You automatically assumed we were all like Dadds.  Most of us can be very reasonable. Even Dadds can be to a certain extent. You just went about everything the wrong way.   As for my little cleansing here. Your just wanting to use this to try to stir up more trouble. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 05:22:06 AM »

I only went after the GC after IMG started acting all-powerful and self-righteous, and then started threatening me (even when I was a newbie) for raiding mines OUTSIDE of Sol. You guys probably thought that you could stop me, and that I was just like any other player who would cower after being threatened. It's obvious now that you bit off more than you can chew.
@Raphael:
I threatened you to stop hitting my new member players and those players we were currently in the process of recruiting into our corp. What, its wrong and incorrect to defend your junior members in your corp? Oh, that's right, you wouldnt know about junior members since YOU DONT HAVE ANY to defend haha. Your response was you will do as you darn well please and i cant stop you.
I told you continuing your rampaging ways and having players complaining to me about your attacks was going to get you outlawed.....hey, guess what, it happened!
And now you join the ranks of "the cleansing" because someone else says they are going to do it? Feel you will miss out on the kill? You attack JamJul for proposing and conducting it, then you condone it by doing just the same thing. Lets all sing along now H-Y-P-O-C-R-A-S-Y is Raphael's main stance in this game.
.....And biting of undesirable tasting fodder IS a little too much for me to stomach at times, but chewing you up and spitting you out works ok for us.

Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »

ITO isn't supporting Jam's cleansing, so Jam is officially doing this on his own without anyone's support. And the GC isn't doing something about it. Just wanted to make that clear. Haha

What a waste of everyone's time.  laugh

JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:21 AM »

ITO isn't supporting Jam's cleansing, so Jam is officially doing this on his own without anyone's support. And the GC isn't doing something about it. Just wanted to make that clear. Haha

What a waste of everyone's time.  laugh

They likely aren't stepping in because I am not doing this for the sake of destruction or trying for profit. It is being done to try to help out the galaxy some.  Of course there are some possible negative side effects from this, but overall it is a good thing.  I haven't really been too active with it lately as it is because I have been working a lot.  I also have a small list of people who have contacted me letting me know they are active. Those people won't be hit. Just like those I see on my friend's list who are active and not in the GC won't be hit.   I don't consider this a GC matter so I don't ask the GC for support.  I don't consider this a corp matter either so I am not dragging TGE members into this.  If anyone does decide they want revenge on me, they are welcome to come after me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: