Astro Galaxy - a realistic space exploration game
  April 18, 2024, 06:45:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: JJL  (Read 17141 times)
sargas
First Sergeant

wandering teacher of the bizarre and unusual

View Profile
JJL
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:37:30 AM »

why do you still have posting powers in the GC area when I do not.

MESSAGE SIREMI AND DELETE YOUR FREAKING POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(and again the yelling is intended).

Or at the very least, keep your bloody mouth shut.
Report to moderator   Logged
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:47:00 AM »

why do you still have posting powers in the GC area when I do not.

MESSAGE SIREMI AND DELETE YOUR FREAKING POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(and again the yelling is intended).

Or at the very least, keep your bloody mouth shut.

Why did you feel the need to post about this twice about this. I saw your other thread and I haven't said a word in the council chambers today.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:17:13 AM »

have you already forgotten this posting of yours? 

Re: The closure of the GC

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 04:19:52 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also since you seem to be addressing all pilots in the game you should prob post in an area the rest of the people can see this.  Only those who were GC can see it in this paticular area. If you notice you do have some gc status right here.

DELETE YOUR BLOODY POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:28:59 AM »

Yes and that was prior to me going to bed.  I consider that more so still the day before.  Not today. I have kept quiet until now in this area haven't I?  Besides you are not GC. You have no right to demand I stay out of any area.  That is the GC's problem.  I also had a good point in that message.  Besides the GC seems pretty defunct these days. Not really sure this area is even going to have a use anymore.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 02:19:14 AM »

...sigh...

actually, this is the only GC forum that I am able to say anything.

You need to give yourself that same disability!

You are no longer a member of the GC, please stop acting as if you are.,

GET YOUR POWERS DELETED (like you freaking did to mine)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:26:20 AM by sargas » Report to moderator   Logged
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 02:48:10 AM »

If it makes you feel any better Sargas, I was supposed to get GC powers but never got them. Dadds originally recommended that I get to be a GC rep and ITO stay on the council.

His resignation should actually leave me running it lol. But I would have a lot of work to do to restore it at this point. Still I kinda wanna just to stick it to Dadds and Raph lol.

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 03:36:49 AM »

No, you are the leader of ITO!  By the charter, you have a voice in the Galactic Council Chambers, you just have to declare yourself (or another corp. member)as the voting rep (declare it here, it will be honored.).

JJL (PMI>>>oops...TGE)has left.

When Dadds (IMG) leaves,  it's up to you as the only remaining corporation in the GC. 

The Galactic Council will not be deleted as long as there are signatories (sic) who are active.
JamJulLison
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »

If it makes you feel any better Sargas, I was supposed to get GC powers but never got them. Dadds originally recommended that I get to be a GC rep and ITO stay on the council.

His resignation should actually leave me running it lol. But I would have a lot of work to do to restore it at this point. Still I kinda wanna just to stick it to Dadds and Raph lol.

I messaged Emi about that quite a few times and he just ignored the messages.   Since he seems to be ignoring GC related PMs now it seems pointless to message him now on having my power removed and yours added now.  If you were to ever start the GC back up I would advise you to do it on a forum of your own so you don't have to go to SirEmi over issues like this.

No, you are the leader of ITO!  By the charter, you have a voice in the Galactic Council Chambers, you just have to declare yourself (or another corp. member)as the voting rep (declare it here, it will be honored.).

JJL (PMI>>>oops...TGE)has left.

When Dadds (IMG) leaves,  it's up to you as the only remaining corporation in the GC.

The Galactic Council will not be deleted as long as there are signatories (sic) who are active.

A council needs more then just 1 member for it to be a council. The GC is defunct now at this time and it likely will remain so unless more members end up joining the council. 
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »

How are you going to honor it Sargas? you are not a person who can have a say so on who is rep or not in the forums. There is only 1 person who has that authority, and its the owner of the boards.
I have messaged Sir Emi regarding these threads and the forum in particular outlying why they should be closed for business.
The GC was my brain-child which started out as a post-war negotiation and truce between PMI and IMG. NHC was included as a third party neutral seat of power as well as being one of the top corps of the time when the GC was formed.
When i look at the list of current moderators, i find that not one person on that list is active or interested in pursuing the treaty. When i look further down the list, low and behold, I am the only active member with official member status that hasnt quit the game or the position. That would make me the ranking person here, wouldnt you say?
Any talk by ITO about 17-jacking the forums here just wont be happening. If you want to have your own forums, ITO, then go form your own set of accords and forum boards. The GC was never your creation and never will be.

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »

How are you going to honor it Sargas? you are not a person who can have a say so on who is rep or not in the forums. There is only 1 person who has that authority, and its the owner of the boards.
I have messaged Sir Emi regarding these threads and the forum in particular outlying why they should be closed for business.
The GC was my brain-child which started out as a post-war negotiation and truce between PMI and IMG. NHC was included as a third party neutral seat of power as well as being one of the top corps of the time when the GC was formed.
When i look at the list of current moderators, i find that not one person on that list is active or interested in pursuing the treaty. When i look further down the list, low and behold, I am the only active member with official member status that hasnt quit the game or the position. That would make me the ranking person here, wouldnt you say?
Any talk by ITO about 17-jacking the forums here just wont be happening. If you want to have your own forums, ITO, then go form your own set of accords and forum boards. The GC was never your creation and never will be.

Your brain child? Hardly.  The ones who wrote out the charter itself was aysle and myself.  Yes he brought the idea to me which you might have thought up. But it wasn't really of your creation. We worked hard to set it up.  Do you know why PMI and NHC even agreed to consider writing it up in the first place?  It was because we saw and realized that you have a taste for war and knew you might just go nuts after anyone who did or said the wrong thing against you.  So we decided The GC would be a great way to keep IMG and any other corp that joined in check. That was the primary reason we agreed to it.  My secondary reason for going with the idea was to try to help new members though. However the council seemed to have issues even working issues out among themselves, let alone passing motions that could have helped newer players.  There were several times in the past when IMG threatened to break away from the GC but I worked to try to keep you guys in it. Your a hotheaded guy Dadds.  I really should have seen all this coming when I decided to leave the GC.  But honestly I felt the GC wasn't really doing much to help with it's secondary function and I figured that perhaps you might now care enough about the GC to try to make it work.  I also thought we had become friends.  I didn't think you would blow up over me giving my honest opinion on your corp. Your wasn't the only corp I addressed and yet you blew up more then any of the others.  Not only that but ITO's leader decided to post how he could see if from my point of view.  So you get mad and decide to go after him. Of course naturally as soon as Sargas says something you don't like you go after him.  Though we both know you have been looking for a reason to go after EoS for a while now.  But you did surprise me with how your treating ITO.

So what can be learned from all this?  For one thing Dadds and IMG represent a threat much larger then Raph ever did.  As hotheaded as he is and how destructive as he can be, he is no where near as far gone as you seem to be now.  I think people will see now why some of us thought the larger corps needed to be kept in check. Of course I am sure Raph is really loving this since this is what he has wanted all along.  So congrads Dadds on giving Raph just the victory that he wanted.  I hope you are proud of yourself.   Are you sure you are from Australia?  Cause most people I have known from there were more tolerant of free speech.  Wanting to blow someone up over a matter of opinion sounds more like something someone from a communist country would want to do.  I never said my words were the true.  I just expressed how it looked from my point of view.  You could have simply explained exactly how I was wrong.  But instead of that you decide it would be easier to just get mad and go to war.  I was never trying to disrespect your corp. If I had been trying to do that I would have just said that IMG is a dieing corp in which only a fool would stick around and be active in.  But I didn't.  I didn't see it that way.  I saw some hope for your corp because of you.  However on the path your heading on now you may have just sealed your corp's fate.   Honestly who wants to be in a corp where the leader has made an enemy out of pretty much every other active player?   Hell that is likely one of the reasons SSS hasn't had a lot of applicants.  It isn't like we had to be enemies either.  You decided this. Not us.  We never wanted to go to war with you.  I wanted to be your friend.
sargas
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »

amen
raphael
Master Sergeant

Victory is certain.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »

I will pass the public-enemy-no-1 crown to you, Dadds. Thanks for being hotheaded and childish. laugh
JoolzVern
Sergeant

Nobody ever listens to Tim the wizard...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 09:52:59 PM »

I will pass the public-enemy-no-1 crown to you, Dadds. Thanks for being hotheaded and childish. laugh

As the sole surviving leader of a GC corp and self-appointed representative and default interim Galactic Council director, I hereby officially transfer the title of "Public Enemy no. 1" to Dadds who has unceremoniously left the GC and in doing so forfeited all ties, claims, and benefits granted a Galactic Council member, leader, or founder.

Until such time as SirEmi decides to grant me access to the GC forum, I will open discussion and registration on the ITO corp forum for the possible reformation of the somewhat defunct Galactic Council.

We may draw up a new charter and accept signatories/requests to be on the new council should we decide to proceed. Be advised that one of my captains runs the ITO forum so if he's not on until tomorrow you  will have to wait for registration to be approved.

http://ito.freeforums.net/

Dadds: Simply because you founded it doesn't mean you own it. It's a council. It's only dissolved if we ALL walk away. ITO is still technically on it and seeing as we didn't vote to disband it, it's leadership falls to me when you leave. Yes, it's fairly meaningless with just ITO but maybe without you dragging it down I can re-form the GC with new members and a new charter.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:18:01 PM by JoolzVern » Report to moderator   Logged

offnow.org <-Stop the NSSA's subversion of your security
Prism-Break.org <-Ways to secure your data as much as possible
EFF.org <-Electronic Frontier Foundation
Stopkillerrobots.org <-Stop autonomous drones designed to hunt people
Dadds
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »

Are you sure you are from Australia?  Cause most people I have known from there were more tolerant of free speech.
See, there you are again JamJul. You cant open your mouth without throwing insult and slur at someone, can you? Once again you show your total ignorance of everything including Australia, Australians and its culture, both as a free democracy and as a fighting Nation. We have been fighting every one else's war now since we were founded and handing it to them on every field of battle. So dont dare try to tell me how it is to be an Australian. If you got of your armchair once in a while and actually traveled out of the tiny world you live in, (being in your mind), you may learn that it is VERY unwise to pick a fight with an Aussie, because we never back away from a fight. I thought you would have learned that the first time YOU chose to take on my corporation because one of my members, before joining us, got upset with YOUR treatment of him and swore at you. So tell me, because someone cussed you out is a better reason for going to war than to cause a war by criticizing my  corp, and its leader and the GC alliance (which btw WAS my concept and the paper it was written on before it even got to submission for anybody else's review panel.); and now you question my culture.
If your freedom of speech includes (but not limited to) Slander, bias, slur, racial or cultural prejudice, judgement where that person isnt a fit or qualified person to cast judgement, then yes, WE Australians are NOT tolerant of your type of free speech. Before you once again want to get all "high and mighty" with your right to opinion and freedom of expression, I asked you privately as a friend would, to recant your opinions of my corp because you are not a fit and qualified person to know the inner workings of what is happening with my corp (and friends). Instead, you chose to take on more rhetoric and argue the point with me about why you are allowed to express something which i find personally offensive and inaccurate. "Everyone has a right to an opinion, but expect that if that opinion is expressed and found offensive, some bloody noses are coming your way"
I will get to the "critique" of the rest of the motley crew who chose to weigh in on the side of an opinion, but for now I leave you with some very poignant quotes by people much wiser and profound than a bunch of adolescent men arguing over a fictitious organisation's existence.
The kind of man who always thinks that he is right, that his opinions, his pronouncements, are the final word, when once exposed shows nothing there. But a wise man has much to learn without a loss of dignity.

SOPHOCLES, Antigone

and other personal favourite of mine in context;
There is nothing in the world so easy as giving an opinion; consequently, in general, there are few things so utterly valueless.

CHARLES WILLIAM DAY, The Maxims, Experiences, and Observations of Agogos

First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 01:46:06 AM »

See, there you are again JamJul. You cant open your mouth without throwing insult and slur at someone, can you? Once again you show your total ignorance of everything including Australia, Australians and its culture, both as a free democracy and as a fighting Nation. We have been fighting every one else's war now since we were founded and handing it to them on every field of battle. So dont dare try to tell me how it is to be an Australian. If you got of your armchair once in a while and actually traveled out of the tiny world you live in, (being in your mind), you may learn that it is VERY unwise to pick a fight with an Aussie, because we never back away from a fight. I thought you would have learned that the first time YOU chose to take on my corporation because one of my members, before joining us, got upset with YOUR treatment of him and swore at you. So tell me, because someone cussed you out is a better reason for going to war than to cause a war by criticizing my  corp, and its leader and the GC alliance (which btw WAS my concept and the paper it was written on before it even got to submission for anybody else's review panel.); and now you question my culture.
If your freedom of speech includes (but not limited to) Slander, bias, slur, racial or cultural prejudice, judgement where that person isnt a fit or qualified person to cast judgement, then yes, WE Australians are NOT tolerant of your type of free speech. Before you once again want to get all "high and mighty" with your right to opinion and freedom of expression, I asked you privately as a friend would, to recant your opinions of my corp because you are not a fit and qualified person to know the inner workings of what is happening with my corp (and friends). Instead, you chose to take on more rhetoric and argue the point with me about why you are allowed to express something which i find personally offensive and inaccurate. "Everyone has a right to an opinion, but expect that if that opinion is expressed and found offensive, some bloody noses are coming your way"
I will get to the "critique" of the rest of the motley crew who chose to weigh in on the side of an opinion, but for now I leave you with some very poignant quotes by people much wiser and profound than a bunch of adolescent men arguing over a fictitious organisation's existence.

The thing is you are acting more like a communist then someone who supports free speech.  I never ment it as slander post.  It was never ment to insult.  i was stating my opinion.  I can understand you not liking it but rather then act civil about it you go up in arms.  You did not ask me as a friend to remove it. You more or less said take it down or else I will attack you.  In case you forgot here was your exact words in the first request.

i would suggest making a retraction to your statement on the forums about my corp. in fact, if you are such a good leader, i highly recommend it. what do i know though, i am a slumping corp

That there hints if I don't take it down you will attack us.  Then I replied with this message.

Your corp was in a slump. It is still recovering from it. That is a fact. That is not an insult on you as a leader or an insult on your corp yourself. If the same had happened to my corp I would have admitted it. Hell we almost fell into one ourselves. It happens. Especially on this game. It wasn't ment to insult you or your corp.

Now you could have easily argued against me there about why you are not in a slump but you didn't.  Instead you replied with the following.

ok jam, you are not listening it seems. lately you have bagged my ability to rule the GC, insulted my corp position with your comments on forums and started hitting targets in sol. You wish ME to make a formal statement to the forums instead? withdraw your comments about my corp. you have around 10 mins to comply

Dadds

In this the same threat is implied only more seriously.  So I replied back to that.

The majority of the people hit within Sol were inactives. Especially the ones at Venus.

The GC stuff is an entirely separate matter. Fact is you could have handled that stuff better. But what's done is done. I don't hold it against you. I am looking to the future not. Not the past.

Look I am sorry if you don't like my opinions on your corp. I was not trying to insult your leading ability. But I am not the only one who has seen IMG was in a bit of a slump. If my corp has gone through what yours did, you likely would say the same about us. Instead of getting your underwear in a bunch just take it all with a grain of salt. It is just honestly how it looks from my point of view. You don't see raph *****ing about what I said about his corp. Let's face it his corp is completely hopeless. It fell into a pit the moment he formed it. IMG can and likely will recover from it's recent slump. Especially with you leading them.

Of course then you replied with this.

OK IMG is officially coming out of a slump. Its first action is to dissolve its NAP with TGE. Raph doesnt care about his corp, about losses etc. He is just power crazy.

My 2nd action you will see shortly. Good day commander!

I could keep going on but there is little point. It all goes the same way.  If you had actually asked me rather then threatened me to take it down, I might have actually considered retracting it or at least editing it some. But you didn't. You outright threatened me to take it down.  This is more so the kind of behavior I would expect from a communist then I would someone who believe in free speech.  You had to know I would see the threats in the message and you had to know that I wouldn't just back down cause you made them.  I am not going to change something just because someone threatens me.  Rather then try to handle this like a civilized person you decided you just wanted to jump into battle. You call Raph power crazy. Well maybe he is. I don't know. But you are clearly war crazy. The moment someone expresses an opinion you don't like you are ready to jump down their throats. You have done it like crazy to Sargas.  You did it to JoolzVern who goes by TheCommander now in the game.  You did it with me.   Who else will be next in your war path just cause you don't like what they have to say?   Neither Joolz nor myself were trying to insult you or IMG.  Fact is I had to be honest and access all the top corps in my review.  It wouldn't be fair to just name a few in that discussion and then leave out others.  Here are my exact words I said too.

IMG:  Half it's members are active, 1 is semi-active and one isn't on at all.  Right now to me they barely qualify as a corp.  Now this isn't entirely Dadds fault.  It can be hard to keep players active on here.  I have had to boot quite a few inactive myself.

It wasn't meant as an insult.  It was a fair assessment. At that time you only had 3 members.  Jake hadn't got back yet.  But even with him it still looks to be in a bit of a slump.  A good leader would realize that and work to get out of that. Not get mad over it just cause someone calls you on it.  You yourself have said that corps with hardly any active members at all barely count as a corp to you in the past.  Hell you have said it about NHC. Which I can't even help but agree with you.  The difference is they got a few rag tag active members but no real leadership while IMG still has it's leader.  IMG can regrow. But not if it makes itself an enemy of pretty much every player in the game.  Look at how many corps you have declared war on in the next few days. 3 corps. That means 4 (if you count SSS) in total.  How many people really want to join a corp with so many enemies. Especially when that corp's leader started it all.

You can't even compare this to the Raz situation.  The Raz situation started as one thing.  He cussed me out and declared war on me and my corp. It was a declaration of war on us by him before joining you.  This earned him a KOS by me personally. Which I notified you of.  Then you guys got all worked up over it saying you would protect him despite his previous actions.  Now on your side I see where you were coming from.  But imagine this.  Imagine if another corp had taken in Raph and said his past no longer matters and you are not to attack him or else it means having to face all of them.   It is really no different other then him being a lot higher in power.   You wouldn't have stood for it and would have taken the same actions we did back then against raz.  Hell I even tried to keep things civil at first back then.  Even an offer to keep it 1 vs 1 with me and raz was made. But you didn't accept that.   Arguments went back and forth. People kept getting riled up and it reached a point where it was pointless to keep arguing.  So the war began.   Yes we declared that war.  But even if we hadn't, you guys would have before long if the arguing had continued or we continued to pursue raz.  The funny thing is the only thing I wanted out of that whole thing that could have prevented any fighting at all was an apology for cussing me out and him to rescind that declaration of war on us.  In reality he started the war first and just drug you guys into it.   The war didn't go how either of us expected it either.  Neither side really made many good hits.  Both had problems finding each other.  It eventually reached a point where nothing was happening.  We weren't mad anymore and just wanted this pointless crap to just end.  So I offered the ceasefire and suggested we work out a NAP.

Now I get this feeling this war isn't going to be much different. From what we have seen from hunting raph, neither side really can do any real damage to the other.  Especially when it comes to ship vs ship stuff.  There just aren't really any losses that makes it a big loss.  Just a minor hindrance.  There is one difference this time though.  We all have much larger engines, firepower, will have to spend a lot more QP for attacks and some of us have a much larger list of connections to help them locate some.  Raph already knows about your spy.  He has for sometime now.  No it wasn't me that spilled the beans. Though I did tell him after you declared war on us.  He admitted to having known for some time now.  My guess is he has been playing a bit with your spy. lol.  Something you will learn about me.  I am a nice guy but when it comes to war, I am not to picky who I share my info with and who I get my info from as long as they are known enemies of someone who has declared war on us.   Have you heard the expression "The enemy of my enemy is a friend."   I may not trust all the people you have made enemies of.  But that doesn't mean I won't consort with them if it suits our needs.  I am sure the others feel the same way.  It is kinda funny though.  Before you went war crazy I was still persueing Raph like I had been.  Now though I have been forced to call a ceasefire to deal with you and IMG. You know what this means right?  The only one going after Raph now is you.  Slowing down his growth doesn't seem likely now.  It was a slim hope before but now it is really hard to say.  Also now you have to look over your shoulders wondering who else is ready to come after you.  Yes you got strong ships. But my aim isn't victory over you in ship vs ship battles.  My primary objective in my time I have off work now will be finding things that are a bit harder to replace.  I have a lot of eyes and ears to help me do such that.   I never wanted this war.  I wanted to be friends.  But you have forced my hand.  So let us end this pointless discussion and settle this on the battlefield. Though I get the feeling it is a war that will never end.  Well unless you decide to quit first.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: